GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR???

+14
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
beerandsens
LethalLehner
Vandelay
Riprock
TheAvatar
shabbs
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
wprager
smash88
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

WILL JAY BOUWMESSTER EVER BE A SENATOR??

WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 3 Vote_lcap244%WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 12 ]
WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 3 Vote_lcap256%WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All I can think of is it's due to having to wait until January to talk extension with Jay Bo. Perhaps we don't see any move for him until then.

Cronenbergfan wrote:Clutch:

Yeah, when I heard about that Western team showing interest (Colorado perhaps) I thought uh-oh...
But then again, I was going to make a point about Murray and his usual smokescreen or diversion tactics, and Graeme, over at the 6th Sens, made the same argument... Usually, Murray is NOT that transparent, so all this talk of Bow and specifically the issue of chasing Mats is a little puzzling to me. What exactly could Murray and/or the Sens offer Mats that would sway his decision to sign with us? Also, if Murray's offer to Martin for Bow is so good (at least until this Western team came out of the woodwork) what's taking so damn long?) It's bizarre to say the least and I still think that there's something more going on.

My opinion is that this is fairly straight forward. Murray has made an offer for Bouwmeester as an upcoming UFA without negotiation rights until January. Martin has asked for more. Murray is unwilling to do that without knowing that he can sign Jay Bo. The stuff at issue is not picks so they can't be made conditional, therefore the deal won't go through until someone ither changes their mind or the cards are forced by another offer or January hits and they will be dealing with a known commodity, Jay Bo's future plans i.e. long term deal. That is at least my take on the situation having no inside knowledge.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

IMHO, the more that this drags on the less value Bo has. The top SC contenders as of today don't need a guy like him.

Even with him, we're not a contender this year. Next year, that's another story. There's a flood of UFA's coming on the market next year. So again, his value is highest today.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kind of underwhelming but:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Celebrity-Guests/Chris-Yzerman-No-Bow-in-Sens-Future/33/18291

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Kind of underwhelming but:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Celebrity-Guests/Chris-Yzerman-No-Bow-in-Sens-Future/33/18291

Wonder how long Chris Yzerman is going to last at HockeyBuzz after contradicting Big Br... i mean Ek.

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
marakh wrote:Kind of underwhelming but:

Wonder how long Chris Yzerman is going to last at HockeyBuzz after contradicting Big Br... i mean Ek.

Looks like it's gone already?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bouwmeester himself was tight-lipped about his future.
"I don't really have any (thoughts) right now. I have a contract and that's where it is," said Bouwmeester. "There's nothing that can really be done now. I'm just going to wait and see."
And talk. With the Panthers making stops in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver, Bouwmeester knows he'll have to face plenty of questions.
"Probably the only time I ever get bugged about (my future) is when we're up here (in Canada)."

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum