GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR???

+14
The Silfer Server
Acrobat
beerandsens
LethalLehner
Vandelay
Riprock
TheAvatar
shabbs
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
PTFlea
wprager
smash88
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

WILL JAY BOUWMESSTER EVER BE A SENATOR??

WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 2 Vote_lcap244%WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 12 ]
WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 2 Vote_lcap256%WILL JAY BOUWMEESTER EVER BE A SENATOR??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh. I said no. I don't think Murray is going to make this trade with him as a UFA next season. I think someone else will pony up more than they should to get him.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:10 bucks Bryan Murray can bring Jbo without dealing neither vermette, kelly, fisher nor the pizza line.

I'll take that bet

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I think Bouwmeester makes this team a playoff team. Playing with the big line in a defensively responsible system where the team could start winning again might be enough for him to make up his mind on staying on Jan 2. I just think he's tired of losing. I would be too. Diddle it, I hate losing at rock, paper, scissors...the Lord knows how I would handle losing season after season.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I had to vote no, because I hate being optimistic only to be disappointed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:
504Heater wrote:Good chance IMO. If not by the deadline, then in the summer.

I'm saying no..only because of the salary. Murray will not trade for a rental, and Bouw is going to command 7 million + a year so that means one of the top 4 has to go.

Don't see Spezza going in a deal for him unless Horton, Frolik and Bouw come back.

We can fit in 7 million though. We're one of the few teams set up perfectly to absorb his contract and not lose anyone.

When all is said and done Gerber (3.7), McAmmond (0.8), perhaps Neil (1.1) and Kuba (3.0) come off the books this summer which is 8.6 million combined with the 4.4 million we already have - and the possibility still existing that Vermette and Kelly could be traded as their replacements mature (O'Brien, Z.Smith, Zubov).

I think we can do this - now will it be done? Probably not, but I think there's a chance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

smash88 wrote:there were 2 polls, I just put them into one...

That means I voted twice, since I had already voted in the poll I made. That's OK, though, since I always thought my opinion should matter more. :D

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

my vote: no.
I'd love to have Bou sending the stretch pass to Alfie but I'm not overlly optomistic. Time is our enemy at this point, assuming there is some truth to the rumors. If the rumor of Vermette, Lee and a 1st is the offer, I'm not sure I want to add much more to that. We don't have a lot of prospects but the ones we do have are keepers and I wouldn't want to give them away for a potential rental. We still don't know what Jaybo has in mind. He might be hoping for a trade now just so he can get his stock up for when he becomes a UFA.

As time passes, there will be more teams in the mix if we assume Sundin is out. Adding to that, as the season goes along, his salary becomes more manageable and injuries will allow other teams to table their offer.
If Martin didn't bite at the rumoured offer, I just don't think he will.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I vote No as I have been disappointed from all this chatter too many times before. J-Bo is a Sens jersey would be sweet though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spezza rules! wrote:I vote No as I have been disappointed from all this chatter too many times before. J-Bo is a Sens jersey would be sweet though.

:D A lot of people are saying that they don't want to be disappointed.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I said no. Gut feeling. No thought process involved here.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Gotta go with no.

Who was the last big FA/franchise player that Murray brought in? More importantly, in all the teams he has managed, how many does he typically bring in? His MO is to build through the draft and by finding the diamonds in the rough.

He'll find a J-Bo equivalent for less somewhere else. At least, I really hope so.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I voted no as well... But i'm a pessimist

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted yes, for two reasons:

1) I find myself in a position of viewing of the Sens with a sense of eternal optimism, but the struggle to maintain that view gets tested DAILY. LOL

2) and finally, with the occasional flow of insider info that comes my way, this talk of Bow is so LOUD lately, that it's becoming increasingly hard to simply slough it off as the proverbial 'just a rumor' but time will tell if it's truly legit I suppose.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted NO and I hate to admit why. I heard Pierre Macguire this morning saying he knows of a significant offer from a Western team that would equal or better what Atlanta got for Hossa. 2 knocks right there 1 it's a Western team and 2 it's an over payment type offer IMO.

Also the vote is closer than I thought it would be.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clutch:

Yeah, when I heard about that Western team showing interest (Colorado perhaps) I thought uh-oh...
But then again, I was going to make a point about Murray and his usual smokescreen or diversion tactics, and Graeme, over at the 6th Sens, made the same argument... Usually, Murray is NOT that transparent, so all this talk of Bow and specifically the issue of chasing Mats is a little puzzling to me. What exactly could Murray and/or the Sens offer Mats that would sway his decision to sign with us? Also, if Murray's offer to Martin for Bow is so good (at least until this Western team came out of the woodwork) what's taking so damn long?) It's bizarre to say the least and I still think that there's something more going on.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All I can think of is it's due to having to wait until January to talk extension with Jay Bo. Perhaps we don't see any move for him until then.

- Unknown Author

Cronenbergfan wrote:Clutch:

Yeah, when I heard about that Western team showing interest (Colorado perhaps) I thought uh-oh...
But then again, I was going to make a point about Murray and his usual smokescreen or diversion tactics, and Graeme, over at the 6th Sens, made the same argument... Usually, Murray is NOT that transparent, so all this talk of Bow and specifically the issue of chasing Mats is a little puzzling to me. What exactly could Murray and/or the Sens offer Mats that would sway his decision to sign with us? Also, if Murray's offer to Martin for Bow is so good (at least until this Western team came out of the woodwork) what's taking so damn long?) It's bizarre to say the least and I still think that there's something more going on.

My opinion is that this is fairly straight forward. Murray has made an offer for Bouwmeester as an upcoming UFA without negotiation rights until January. Martin has asked for more. Murray is unwilling to do that without knowing that he can sign Jay Bo. The stuff at issue is not picks so they can't be made conditional, therefore the deal won't go through until someone ither changes their mind or the cards are forced by another offer or January hits and they will be dealing with a known commodity, Jay Bo's future plans i.e. long term deal. That is at least my take on the situation having no inside knowledge.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

IMHO, the more that this drags on the less value Bo has. The top SC contenders as of today don't need a guy like him.

Even with him, we're not a contender this year. Next year, that's another story. There's a flood of UFA's coming on the market next year. So again, his value is highest today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum