GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

When is Heatley done as a Senator?

+3
dennycrane
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

When will Heatley no longer be a Senator?

When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_lcap24%When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_lcap253%When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_rcap2 53% [ 24 ]
When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_lcap227%When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_rcap2 27% [ 12 ]
When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_lcap22%When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_lcap213%When is Heatley done as a Senator? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know Heatley's been discussed from almost every angle but, I thought I'd get your thoughts on when you think Heatley becomes another teams "problem".

I made this one a poll so don't forget to vote.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

2When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I voted for the before training camp, just for the simple reason other teams will try to sign the limited UFA's that are out there right now, then the dejected GM's of the teams that didn't make their UFA splash will come looking for heatley, it just means Melnyk will be paying that 4M to heatley.

3When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:26 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I have a bad feeling that Murray makes a decision he doesn't like today and makes a deal to get rid of Heatley, hoping he can spend the savings on Havlat tomorrow.

4When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I sure hope you're right. That does seem to be the most logical answer. There will be teams left out of the UFA sweeps when the dust settles and will still be interested in making a big splash and Heatley will be the only high end Offensive Winger left standing and waiting for a dance partner so to speak.

- Unknown Author

5When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

The way I see it, the way to make Heatley attractive to suitors is to eat that $4 milliion. Once Ott does that, guaranteed he gets moved for a ..... decent package, not great, but not Zherdev and Roszival!

Likely between tomorrow and start of training camp

6When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think SF71's take seems to be the most logical. Teams will want to see if they can get there big name player through Free agency without giving up anyting other than Cap space. Failing that they'll look to Heatley. I'm not convinced that 4 Million will play a big roll.

- Unknown Author

7When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think SF71's take seems to be the most logical. Teams will want to see if they can get there big name player through Free agency without giving up anyting other than Cap space. Failing that they'll look to Heatley. I'm not convinced that 4 Million will play a big roll.

I defy these tire kickers to go out and get that kind of proven scoring for a cap hit of 7.5 million. What a farce.

8When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like SF71 and I have said. They'll try to obtain proven scoring through the FA frenzy. There will be a few teams left wanting and will then look to Heatley. Can you really blame teams when Hossa, Havlat and Gaborik are all potential UFAs? Why move pieces off your roster right now with the potential of signing a player of that calibre without giving up pieces off the roster? Once those players are scooped up then they'll look at Heatley if they still want to go for that kind of player.

- Unknown Author

9When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Like SF71 and I have said. They'll try to obtain proven scoring through the FA frenzy. There will be a few teams left wanting and will then look to Heatley. Can you really blame teams when Hossa, Havlat and Gaborik are all potential UFAs? Why move pieces off your roster right now with the potential of signing a player of that calibre without giving up pieces off the roster? Once those players are scooped up then they'll look at Heatley if they still want to go for that kind of player.

Yes I can blame teams. I'm thinking a panic deal (we panic) may come today.

Heatley for Double-J straight up!

10When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'd be surprised if Murray panicked; he wasn't born yesterday.

11When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:I'd be surprised if Murray panicked; he wasn't born yesterday.

It's funny because I'm getting the sense a lot of people here are thinking we should settle and there are an embarassment of riches on the UFA market which would justify a low asking price.

Seriously, if it's lower than the "rumoured" combination of player, prospect and 1st rounder I say no deal.

12When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm certainly not suggesting we settle. All I've been trying to say is until the high calibre players are signed there won't be a significant offer made for Heatley IMO. If I was a GM plan A would be wait to see if Hossa, Havlat or Gaborik hit the UFA market, try to sign one of them, and barring that look at a trade for Heatley.

- Unknown Author

13When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm certainly not suggesting we settle. All I've been trying to say is until the high calibre players are signed there won't be a significant offer made for Heatley IMO. If I was a GM plan A would be wait to see if Hossa, Havlat or Gaborik hit the UFA market, try to sign one of them, and barring that look at a trade for Heatley.

We shall see.

14When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I definitely hope I'm wrong and we get a great return in time to do some Free agent spending though.

- Unknown Author

15When is Heatley done as a Senator? Empty Re: When is Heatley done as a Senator? Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I definitely hope I'm wrong and we get a great return in time to do some Free agent spending though.

I personally don't see any names that are must haves out there. I like Knuble and he's probably the closest thing to a must have out there for the Senators specific needs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum