GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player?

+4
jamvan
Mosky
Cronie
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player?

Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap20%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap26%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap272%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 72% [ 13 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap211%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap20%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap26%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_lcap25%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is not an easy topic...but it should be interesting to see people's opinions!

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WOW!! You're not kidding... I obviously want to say Alfie, because when he laces 'em up, he makes EVERYBODY around him better, but then there are some players in that poll that also show incredible leadership, put the team first and are the glue that holds the squad together...

I'll have to hold off on casting my vote for now, as I need to ponder this a bit...

Damn you Heater, you had to make it a tough one! LOL

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

My vote was very tough. I vote for mr Chris Phillips. Is he the most skilled player on this list? No. But day in and day out he shows up for this team with heart and a drive for the Sens to work. He might not be the best player on the team but i feel he is the best player FOR the team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:My vote was very tough. I vote for mr Chris Phillips. Is he the most skilled player on this list? No. But day in and day out he shows up for this team with heart and a drive for the Sens to work. He might not be the best player on the team but i feel he is the best player FOR the team.

Cool. Great response!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:WOW!! You're not kidding... I obviously want to say Alfie, because when he laces 'em up, he makes EVERYBODY around him better, but then there are some players in that poll that also show incredible leadership, put the team first and are the glue that holds the squad together...

I'll have to hold off on casting my vote for now, as I need to ponder this a bit...

Damn you Heater, you had to make it a tough one! LOL

I know... Suspect I know who I'm voting for, but I need to wait until there are a few more votes...

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

My vote was for Jason Spezza. Even though many people harp on him, he has always been my favorite Senator. This kid has so much potential and I reallyt hink he' sgoing to hit new heights real soon.

This does not mean I don't love the other guys, cause our core is the best in the league.

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:My vote was for Jason Spezza. Even though many people harp on him, he has always been my favorite Senator. This kid has so much potential and I reallyt hink he' sgoing to hit new heights real soon.

This does not mean I don't love the other guys, cause our core is the best in the league.

I have always been a huge fan of Spezza aswell. Sometimes those no look dp's really get to me but in the end i will always support him, just like any other Sen. If i could have, i would've clicked every player on that list cuz they all bring so much to the table.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:My vote was for Jason Spezza. Even though many people harp on him, he has always been my favorite Senator. This kid has so much potential and I reallyt hink he' sgoing to hit new heights real soon.

My initial reaction was easily Jason Spezza, followed by Heatley, followed by Alfredsson...but...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:

My initial reaction was easily Jason Spezza, followed by Heatley, followed by Alfredsson...but...

Me too, my initial reaction was Spezza, followed by Alfie and Volchenkov. But, I had to go with Alfie, he's my all time favorite...Spezza is definitely a very close second. Alfie is just all around better than anyone on our team, IMO. The aspects of his game are better than many players I've seen, and he gets the team going when they're down.

Man...I can't wait for the season to start...Hockey fever!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Me too, my initial reaction was Spezza, followed by Alfie and Volchenkov. But, I had to go with Alfie, he's my all time favorite...Spezza is definitely a very close second. Alfie is just all around better than anyone on our team, IMO. The aspects of his game are better than many players I've seen, and he gets the team going when they're down.

Man...I can't wait for the season to start...Hockey fever!

That's pretty much it for me too. Spezza's the best passer on the team, Heatley's the best purebred goal scorer, A-Train is the heart of the backend with Philly, but Alfie puts everything that all these players have into one PKing, PPing (tee hee), scoring, back-checking, captain, monster.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Heater. I mean have you seen this guy's shot? No, of course you haven't, it's far too quick.

I'm basing this purely on talent, by the way- and basing it on TODAY. Not a few years from now. A few years from now, it SHOULD (fingers crossed) be Spezza.

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Jordo wrote:Heater. I mean have you seen this guy's shot? No, of course you haven't, it's far too quick.

I'm basing this purely on talent, by the way- and basing it on TODAY. Not a few years from now. A few years from now, it SHOULD (fingers crossed) be Spezza.

key word there is "should" lol, we all hope that Spezza will rise to the place where all of us fans think he should be.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I obviously voted for Alfie and since you can clearly tell I'm biased I will explain and see if it comes of somewhat subjective :lol: .

1 - He plays in ALL situations and plays well in them. The guy can play keep away when his team is killing a 5 on 3 situation.

2 - He can QB a PP, perform first pass duties and he has an uncanny ability to slow the pace of a game and take control of the puck. His shot isn't the greatest but he has great vision of the ice.

3 - He is CLUTCH (sorry had to) He's scored big goals in the dieing seconds of games and none bigger than the double OT winner vs. Buffalo that sent them to the finals.

4 - He practically WILLED two goals vs Anaheim in the final game of the CUP FINAL also.

5 - He leads by example and NEVER takes a shift off and is usually at the top of his game.

Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with Jordo. When firing on all cylinders, Heatly is the man. Alfie is great as well, don't get me wrong. Alfie is 80% drive and 20% skill. Heater is 40% drive 60% skill. (Spezza is 1% drive, 99% skill)

No one has more drive/spirit/mojo call it what you will than Alfie. He is the heart and soul of the club

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I obviously voted for Alfie and since you can clearly tell I'm biased I will explain and see if it comes of somewhat subjective :lol: .

1 - He plays in ALL situations and plays well in them. The guy can play keep away when his team is killing a 5 on 3 situation.

2 - He can QB a PP, perform first pass duties and he has an uncanny ability to slow the pace of a game and take control of the puck. His shot isn't the greatest but he has great vision of the ice.

3 - He is CLUTCH (sorry had to) He's scored big goals in the dieing seconds of games and none bigger than the double OT winner vs. Buffalo that sent them to the finals.

4 - He practically WILLED two goals vs Anaheim in the final game of the CUP FINAL also.

5 - He leads by example and NEVER takes a shift off and is usually at the top of his game.

can't argue with any of this. this is the "drive" I was talking about.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum