GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player?

+4
jamvan
Mosky
Cronie
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player?

Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap272%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 72% [ 13 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap211%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Who do you think is the best Ottawa Senator player? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I obviously voted for Alfie and since you can clearly tell I'm biased I will explain and see if it comes of somewhat subjective :lol: .

1 - He plays in ALL situations and plays well in them. The guy can play keep away when his team is killing a 5 on 3 situation.

2 - He can QB a PP, perform first pass duties and he has an uncanny ability to slow the pace of a game and take control of the puck. His shot isn't the greatest but he has great vision of the ice.

3 - He is CLUTCH (sorry had to) He's scored big goals in the dieing seconds of games and none bigger than the double OT winner vs. Buffalo that sent them to the finals.

4 - He practically WILLED two goals vs Anaheim in the final game of the CUP FINAL also.

5 - He leads by example and NEVER takes a shift off and is usually at the top of his game.

Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

I agree with Jordo. When firing on all cylinders, Heatly is the man. Alfie is great as well, don't get me wrong. Alfie is 80% drive and 20% skill. Heater is 40% drive 60% skill. (Spezza is 1% drive, 99% skill)

No one has more drive/spirit/mojo call it what you will than Alfie. He is the heart and soul of the club

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I obviously voted for Alfie and since you can clearly tell I'm biased I will explain and see if it comes of somewhat subjective :lol: .

1 - He plays in ALL situations and plays well in them. The guy can play keep away when his team is killing a 5 on 3 situation.

2 - He can QB a PP, perform first pass duties and he has an uncanny ability to slow the pace of a game and take control of the puck. His shot isn't the greatest but he has great vision of the ice.

3 - He is CLUTCH (sorry had to) He's scored big goals in the dieing seconds of games and none bigger than the double OT winner vs. Buffalo that sent them to the finals.

4 - He practically WILLED two goals vs Anaheim in the final game of the CUP FINAL also.

5 - He leads by example and NEVER takes a shift off and is usually at the top of his game.

can't argue with any of this. this is the "drive" I was talking about.....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I told you guys this would be a tough one Smile

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

I definitely jumped the gun on voting for Phillips but i still stand by my decision. He gets lost in translation sometimes and i just felt he needed to be represented in this thread lol. But yes this is probably the hardest decision i had to make

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:I definitely jumped the gun on voting for Phillips but i still stand by my decision. He gets lost in translation sometimes and i just felt he needed to be represented in this thread lol. But yes this is probably the hardest decision i had to make

No way man, that's a great vote. You know why no one else is voting Volchenkov or Phillips? Because they're not flashy like our killer forwards. They're important though...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
mosky69 wrote:I definitely jumped the gun on voting for Phillips but i still stand by my decision. He gets lost in translation sometimes and i just felt he needed to be represented in this thread lol. But yes this is probably the hardest decision i had to make

No way man, that's a great vote. You know why no one else is voting Volchenkov or Phillips? Because they're not flashy like our killer forwards. They're important though...

OH I agree. Phillips, Volchie and Fisher are all on par with each other IMO. It's Alfie first then those three tied for second IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey Heater,

I think we should keep this poll active and see how it changes over the years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Hey Heater,

Sure. I'll edit it. Over the year? Or over the years?

Volchie cheers

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Hey Heater,

Sure. I'll edit it. Over the year? Or over the years?

Years with an S. Actually just leave the Poll intact unless players leave or retire. I want to see how the distribution of votes changes over time so keep the Poll as is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum