GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Ottawa player could "Break Out" next year?

+9
Riprock
wprager
tim1_2
NEELY
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Hoags
dennycrane
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Could be any number of players.

For me it came down to Turris, Foligno and Cowen - HM to Z.Smith and Greening.

I'll go with Turris because I could see him as a 60 point 2nd line C.

EDIT: Obviously Silfverberg, Zibanejad and Stone could bust out huge as well.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I would look at Peter Regin if he is healthy. Erik Condra is another guy who had a lot of opportunities but did not finish. If he gets the hands going, and I think he can, he could put up some decent numbers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Regin's a good one.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'd say Turris or Silfverberg, they'll get the icetime and they have the pedigree.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Just to be a little different than the usual answers, I'll say mark stone or zibanejad.

Actually I just learnt that mika had been drafted into the khl by yroslavl lokomotiv in 2010 but chose to stay in Sweden for his development. Wow.....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Just to be a little different than the usual answers, I'll say mark stone or zibanejad.

Actually I just learnt that mika had been drafted into the khl by yroslavl lokomotiv in 2010 but chose to stay in Sweden for his development. Wow.....

Why would he have gone to the KHL though? What would be the point of playing in that league when he wants to be an NHLer?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Just to be a little different than the usual answers, I'll say mark stone or zibanejad.

Why would he have gone to the KHL though? What would be the point of playing in that league when he wants to be an NHLer?

That's not the main point but for arguments sake, I'll say he probably could have gotten more money going to the 'K'. Point is the choice was there and the choice was yaroslavl

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fair enough...he's no Filatov is my point. He wants and needs to be an NHLer, not a star in some backyard league, but I understand what you mean now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have to agree that it will probably be turris or silfverberg. could be both especially if they're playing on the same line they could feed off each other.
I'm not sure Stone starts out in the NHL. could be doing split duties between ottawa and bingo.
One thing is for sure is there should be alot of competition come training camp.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That's not the main point but for arguments sake, I'll say he probably could have gotten more money going to the 'K'. Point is the choice was there and the choice was yaroslavl

Oh Dung....I just got that. Wow...my mistake.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Turris IMO. I think you see a 60 point season.

Regin is the black horse.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll say Turris, with Silf being a close 2nd.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll go with Turris. Silfverberg will take time to adjust to the *very* different game. Man, every time I see highlights of his goals -- especially the angle from that camera that must be up in orbit -- it looks like he's the only one on the ice. There's so little room on an NHL rink now it's not funny. The players are likely 3-4" taller, on average, than they were in the '50s, they skate much, much faster, yet the rink has stayed the same size. I would, personally, be in favor of an NHL expansion in rink size. Maybe not as big as the Olympic sized but something bigger than now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, making the rinks bigger would be great, but I don't see how this would be accepted by any teams, given the modifications necessary to each arena to make it a reality.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I'll go with Turris. Silfverberg will take time to adjust to the *very* different game. Man, every time I see highlights of his goals -- especially the angle from that camera that must be up in orbit -- it looks like he's the only one on the ice. There's so little room on an NHL rink now it's not funny. The players are likely 3-4" taller, on average, than they were in the '50s, they skate much, much faster, yet the rink has stayed the same size. I would, personally, be in favor of an NHL expansion in rink size. Maybe not as big as the Olympic sized but something bigger than now.

Having a good shot like that on the bigger ice is actually less effective than it would be in the NHL. The question isn't whether or not he will be effective enough on the smaller ice but will he be brave enough to go into those scoring area's with a lot less room? That's the only adjustment he needs to makes and by all accounts that shouldn't be an issue for any extended length of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum