GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name 2 things that could make or break Ottawa's season

+8
spader
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
shabbs
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Simple question.  Will the Sens make it back to the dance?  If the answer is to be yes, then a lot of things have to go right, but what are the 2 things you think have to work for them to make it?

For me personally, it lies in the hands of....Zibanejad and Cowen.

If Zibanejad can have the kind of year some think he's capable of, we'll be looking at a much more powerful top 6.  I'm not saying he needs to hit 60 points, but 50-55 while being a strong forechecking force would be optimum.

If Cowen blows again this year, that's probably a signal that Boroweicki comes into the lineup and Cowen sits, but that does more damage than good.  Not because Boro isn't good, but because Cowen would be cruising towards bust category and our D that once looked so promising has taken a big step backwards.

What do you think?  And remember, it's way too easy to name more than 2 things, so 2 only please!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll go with Cowen and...the second line? Is that too general? I think we can safely expect MacArthur/Turris/RW to produce, we'll need a second line to step up and contribute big-time offensively...whether it's Z-Bad or Legwand or Lazar or whoever centreing Chiasson, Michalek, Hoffman, or whoever, they need to contribute.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll go with Goaltending and buy-in from all team members to play the system.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It's Jared Cowen and one of the goaltenders.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Goaltending. The past two seasons have shown us two very different worlds when goaltending is on and off. Huge impact. Will need #beastmode from both our goalies.

Health. We'll need all our boys healthy all season long and not playing injured etc...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's funny...I'm not concerned about goaltending at all. I think if Matrix stumbles at all, the reins will be handed to Lehner once and for all.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not concerned but it could certainly make or break the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I feel like the goaltending will be better with Spezza gone and the team ready to completely buy into Mac's system, but I might be fooling myself. If Anderson stumbles - and again, there's no reason for that, then it's Lehner time for the next decade.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:I'm not concerned but it could certainly make or break the season.
HA! If if it can break the season, how can you not be concerned?

#MindBlown

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I feel like the goaltending will be better with Spezza gone and the team ready to completely buy into Mac's system, but I might be fooling myself. If Anderson stumbles - and again, there's no reason for that, then it's Lehner time for the next decade.
#BlameSpezza

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson in a contract year, and one of the best young goalies on the planet...we couldn't be set up much better than we are.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

#MindBlown

Goaltending can break about 90% of teams' season so it's not specific to the Sens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Honestly, there's only a couple teams I would swap goaltending duos with...maybe Boston and LA, and that would only be because of Rask and Quick. I think pretty highly of The Lehner.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'll go with Goaltending and buy-in from all team members to play the system.

Those two things for sure are 100% the most important.

Other x factor is Cowen, if he doesn't show the ability to improve from last year and be able to thrive in a bigger role, Sens could be in trouble but there is enough depth on the left side to probably over come Cowen if he struggles.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:
shabbs wrote:

#MindBlown

Goaltending can break about 90% of teams' season so it's not specific to the Sens.
Fair point, fair point. I'll remain concerned though. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum