GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Break Down the Spezza Trade

+9
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
NEELY
Ev
spader
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you like the Spezza trade?

Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_lcap20%Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_lcap256%Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_rcap2 56% [ 9 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_lcap213%Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_lcap20%Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_lcap231%Break Down the Spezza Trade Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:23 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What do you think folks?

2Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like everyone (so far) is just happy to be done. Where does Chiasson project, though? Pronman says he projects to the 2nd line, but it sounds like he thinks Chiasson is a couple years away. I'm not sold on his value and don't really know the player, but I'm happy to wait and see what the Sens got with him.

The prospects sound like projects. The 2nd is what it is. Knowing the Sens track record, I like that pick.

3Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chiasson is ready now. Great goal scorer, will help our pp, very young and has a ton of room to improve.

I'm just glad it's done, didn't care what we got back as I think we are better without him.

4Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:09 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Chiasson is solid, big, fast, drives the net, scores dirty goals, has some skill. Exactly the type of forward the Sens need right now and the two prospects play similar games as well.

5Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Chiasson is solid, big, fast, drives the net, scores dirty goals, has some skill.  Exactly the type of forward the Sens need right now and the two prospects play similar games as well.

He's not fast. Skating is biggest issue,

6Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:15 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

His skating is fine, powerful stride, solid, fast. Doesn't struggle at all.

7Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:His skating is fine, powerful stride, solid, fast.  Doesn't struggle at all.

Didn't say struggle, just that it is his biggest weakness. Don't think he's fast but whatever

8Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Once he gets going he's fine. He's not the quickest player but dude can skate just fine if it's a north/south game.

9Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:54 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Interesting tidbits on the players received in the Spezza trade:

So Nick Paul was taken 1 spot ahead of Tobias Lindberg last year.

Alex Chiasson was taken 1 spot ahead of Jacob Silfverberg in '09.

And Alex Guptill was taken 1 spot after Jakub Culek in 2010.

10Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey! I'll break it down for you! Diddle spezza! The guy has been dragging this team down one way or another for long enough.
Time to get a strong hard working culture going here.

11Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:Interesting tidbits on the players received in the Spezza trade:

So Nick Paul was taken 1 spot ahead of Tobias Lindberg last year.

Alex Chiasson was taken 1 spot ahead of Jacob Silfverberg in '09.

And Alex Guptill was taken 1 spot after Jakub Culek in 2010.

That's actually amazing.

12Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's crazy lol.

13Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Chiasson is ready now. Great goal scorer, will help our pp, very young and has a ton of room to improve.

I'm just glad it's done, didn't care what we got back as I think we are better without him.

He scored 6 goals in his first 6 games in the league, so he knows a thing or two about scoring. However that was playing on the top line (injuries?) and after 7 games he got sent back down. 13 goals last year playing a full season (79 games?) means the book is still open. If the East is easier to play in (and with the added experience) he should be able to get to 20. I would be very happy with 20, and another 20 for Milo -- that would mean Zibanejad is working out well as the 2LC.

14Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's not fool ourselves and pretend we got something for Spezza because we basically got nothing. Clears a LOT of cap and salary though so I expect some signings to happen as soon as free agency starts. Exciting time to be a Sens fan!!!

15Break Down the Spezza Trade Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:51 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We got nothing special yeah, but so did Boston when they traded Thornton.
So it depends on what Murray does with the money and assets he has.

And btw, where the hell are the Chiasson interviews? This is the first time that I can remember where a new Sens haven't said a single word.
Have his agent been told he may be re-shipped out?

Last edited by LeKing on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum