GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Break Down the Spezza Trade

+9
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
NEELY
Ev
spader
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you like the Spezza trade?

Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap256%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 9 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_lcap231%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clearly what this trade does is open up major options for Murray. Now we have 3 more good prospects in the system, so we can start parting with other prospects for NHLers. It's a smart move IF he can parlay those other prospects into an impact forward - and I wouldn't really put it past Murray to make another Ryan-like trade.

32Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:11 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't be surprised if Stone was the guy on the way out. We just brought in another young RW in Chiasson.

33Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Stone was the guy on the way out.  We just brought in another young RW in Chiasson.

I would be shocked as Stone is showing he could be a legit 1st line NHLer.  They would move Peumpel, Prince, Hoffman, or someone else before even considering Stone.  I can't imagine the choice Murray gave was between Stone and someone else... Stone is on another level from all of the Sens winger prospects.

34Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Stone was the guy on the way out.  We just brought in another young RW in Chiasson.

I would be shocked as Stone is showing he could be a legit 1st line NHLer.  They would move Peumpel, Prince, Hoffman, or someone else before even considering Stone.  I can't imagine the choice Murray gave was between Stone and someone else... Stone is on another level from all of the Sens winger prospects.

Agreed but he may be a "must" in a pending trade. I'm open to the idea that Chiasson is there to fill in for The Stoner. Of course, I would move Chiasson along before Stone 10 times out of 10.

35Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would trade Chiasson before Stone too... think Stone is pretty close to untouchable short of a pure #1 center coming back with Stone being part of some sort of package.  Can't see it.

If the Sens are bringing in a roster player one is probably going back.

36Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I would trade Chiasson before Stone too... think Stone is pretty close to untouchable short of a pure #1 center coming back with Stone being part of some sort of package.  Can't see it.

I bet you the "asks" from other teams are Lazar, then Stone in that order.

37Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:I would trade Chiasson before Stone too... think Stone is pretty close to untouchable short of a pure #1 center coming back with Stone being part of some sort of package.  Can't see it.

IMO that's why Murray gave the team a choice... you have your choice of everyone not named Lazar or Stone.

38Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

IMO that's why Murray gave the team a choice... you have your choice of everyone not named Lazar or Stone.

That murry shure knows how to play hard balls. No wonder Dalass had to give all that up for Statspadzza.

39Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, Murray had a deal for Spezza that was more than respectable at the draft... couldn't make it.  Murray traded him to the only team that would take him basically.  I have no issues with that deal.

40Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Meh, Murray had a deal for Spezza that was more than respectable at the draft... couldn't make it.  Murray traded him to the only team that would take him basically.  I have no issues with that deal.

That deal is so Dung they would have been better off keeping Spezza unless what they got helps them get something else. On its own, the trade is utter crap.

41Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, Murray had a deal for Spezza that was more than respectable at the draft... couldn't make it.  Murray traded him to the only team that would take him basically.  I have no issues with that deal.

That deal is so Dung they would have been better off keeping Spezza unless what they got helps them get something else. On its own, the trade is utter crap.

Right...

42Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yah, keep a guy who has been begging Murray for a trade for the better part of a decade.   Reasonable statement.

43Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Right...

I'm glad someone agrees.  Cheers 

44Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:More I read and hear about the Paul kid the more I am intrigued.  Size, skill, and some grit, not a whole lot to hate on.  Question will be about character and I know nothing positive or negative about the kid in that regard.

Also fights pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3S05xrl_gQ

The guy looks pretty good TBH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ7I6LlC_fg

Also just checked some highlights on youtube from last playoffs, he had the GWG on the last 2 games vs Niagara to win in 7 after trailing 3-2

45Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, we'll see if he can reach that kind of upside.

46Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Yup, we'll see if he can reach that kind of upside.

"Probably not."

47Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

For those of you interested.  Alex Chiasson is coming on TSN1200 in a couple of minutes.

Other interviews here.

Ottawa Senators @Senators     ·   4m    

Check out Alex Guptill and Nick Paul speaking with the media in their first scrums as members of the #Sens.

WATCH: http://ottsens.com/1lTQOcH

48Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Sold low.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum