GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Break Down the Spezza Trade

+9
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
NEELY
Ev
spader
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Do you like the Spezza trade?

Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap256%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 9 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap213%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap231%Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spezza going to wear #9 in Dallas? That's pretty ballsy.

62Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Spezza going to wear #9 in Dallas?  That's pretty ballsy.

Naw that's retired. He's wearing 90

63Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

K, I thought so... 90 is awful so cool.

64Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Add in the fact Ottawa is a small city and everything he did/does gets back to people... like myself who think he's a complete douche bag and just tell people what they have seen or been around.  Doesn't take long to find a person between the age of 25-35 who has witnessed Spezza's stupidity.

This is true. I know a girl who had to slap him to get him to lay off.

65Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:17 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Add in the fact Ottawa is a small city and everything he did/does gets back to people... like myself who think he's a complete douche bag and just tell people what they have seen or been around.  Doesn't take long to find a person between the age of 25-35 who has witnessed Spezza's stupidity.

This is true.  I know a girl who had to slap him to get him to lay off.

Yup, it was way worse in 06, 07, 08 when Emery, McGratton, and the rest were around... drugs, booze, more drugs, girls, and more drugs.  Redden led team I guess.

66Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

People are raving about guptill in development camp. Great that he'll be in bingo and an eligable call up.

67Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens got some NHL caliber prospects back, IMO Murray got a ton of value for Spezza.

68Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As with prospects, people never see value immediately in them. I remember a time we drafted this relatively unknown small Swedish defenceman....

69Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:As with prospects, people never see value immediately in them.  I remember a time we drafted this relatively unknown small Swedish defenceman....

If the prospects turn out then the Sens made a very solid deal for Spezza.

70Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:As with prospects, people never see value immediately in them.  I remember a time we drafted this relatively unknown small Swedish defenceman....
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Brennan/2008/06/21/5947311-sun.html

Best. Article. Ever.

71Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:17 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:

Best. Article. Ever.

I defense of the article to be fair the "garbage pick" thing was said by a fan (shocking) and the editor ran with that.  Brennan is a complete tool and the article is full of BS ignorance but the thing that stands out isn't on Brennan there but he did choose to use the quote.  Moron.

72Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:29 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Best. Article. Ever.

I defense of the article to be fair the "garbage pick" thing was said by a fan (shocking) and the editor ran with that.  Brennan is a complete tool and the article is full of BS ignorance but the thing that stands out isn't on Brennan there but he did choose to use the quote.  Moron.

Yeah, Brennan probably wanted to say it, but didn't have the balls to, so he found a fan to say it for him.

73Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ddt wrote:
NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Best. Article. Ever.

Yeah, Brennan probably wanted to say it, but didn't have the balls to, so he found a fan to say it for him.

100%

74Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

ddt wrote:
NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Best. Article. Ever.

Exactly.  He confuses being controversial with stupid.

75Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:People are raving about guptill in development camp.  Great that he'll be in bingo and an eligable call up.

I thought Guptill and Paul both looked pretty good. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see Paul *and* Harpur at the WJC. You think they'll let Lazar go, too? He's a lock to be on that final roster so long as Ottawa says they'll let him go.

76Break Down the Spezza Trade - Page 5 Empty Re: Break Down the Spezza Trade Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Statistically, chiasson looks almost identical to Charlie coyle for what that's worth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum