GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza trade rumors

+9
beedub
PTFlea
Snuh
Riprock
mattshock
COLLAR UP
Cronie
smash88
PKC
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Spezza trade rumors Empty Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like Ek has fired up the Spezza to [insert choice of team] rumors again. To be completely honest, I'm not totally surprised. Depending on the return, I'm not saying I would be against a move like that.

Maybe a true number 1 goalie and a replacement center -- albeit one with less offensive skill in the interim.

2Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Looks like Ek has fired up the Spezza to [insert choice of team] rumors again. To be completely honest, I'm not totally surprised. Depending on the return, I'm not saying I would be against a move like that.

Maybe a true number 1 goalie and a replacement center -- albeit one with less offensive skill in the interim.

I saw that... notice how he says it WON'T be a drawn out process? How much we bet it does! LOL

3Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:07 am

PKC wrote:Looks like Ek has fired up the Spezza to [insert choice of team] rumors again. To be completely honest, I'm not totally surprised. Depending on the return, I'm not saying I would be against a move like that.

The Sens are high on Elliott, we wont be making a move to grab a future number 1 because they believe that already have one.

Spezza would be moved for a puck moving D, you can almost garentee it and there isnt one good enough out there right now for Spezz straight up, aside from J Bo and Martin will not trade for Spezza, you can almost garentee that.

It makes no sense to deal Spezza right now, none. The logical guy to go is Vermette to be honest.

4Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:11 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly.

And really, this is what, the 4th or 5th time Ek has pronounced Spezza is on the block...
Not to mention, saying Spezza is to Ottawa Management as oil is to water is a STRONG statement to make. If this is true, you can't tell me there aren't teams LINING up to snag him for decent returns... I say it's all smoke...nothing more. Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat (Montagoose hat that is).

I wouldn't be shocked to see Khabi in a Sens uni though, but I would be REALLY shocked to see Spezza moved...

5Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:11 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

If the sens were to trade Spezza...and that is obviously a BIG IF...

let's prioritize...what do we want in return...

is a a keeper...who?

if it's another centre...or winger...who?

and if it's a PMD...who?

I am just curious to discuss the possibilities...packagaes...etc...

6Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

From what I've seen from Spezza this season, particularly his defensive play, it looks like he's genuinely trying to buy into Harsburg's system.

We know that this team isn't in it this year, and with our young guys coming up in the next 1-2 years, it just doesn't make sense to move Spezza now.

If he gets moved, he gets moved, but the timing seems all wrong to me. If someone is going today, it should be Vermette or Schubert.

7Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:33 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

mattbond wrote:From what I've seen from Spezza this season, particularly his defensive play, it looks like he's genuinely trying to buy into Harsburg's system.

We know that this team isn't in it this year, and with our young guys coming up in the next 1-2 years, it just doesn't make sense to move Spezza now.

If he gets moved, he gets moved, but the timing seems all wrong to me. If someone is going today, it should be Vermette or Schubert.

or Fisher...

8Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:35 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

If there was ever a time to move Fisher, now is it. I've never considered him move-able, but it seems like that has changed. I'd hate to see him go, but you might be right.

9Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's the best center we've ever had and he still is mentioned in trades? Unreal.

This would be a Joe Thornton sized mistake.

10Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I assume you're talking Spezza. Definitely potential for Thornton-sized error.

I have more faith in Murray than that.

11Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, trading Spezza would be a huge step in the wrong direction and would cause shockwaves of outrage. If we want to trade our franchise center, we might as well sell the entire team and rebuild like the Leafs, and that means so long Heater and Alfie.

12Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think that's necessary just yet.

13Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of trades, did anyone know we traded Lalime for the pick that became Ilya Zubov!??

I'll say we won that deal.

14Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

mattbond wrote:Speaking of trades, did anyone know we traded Lalime for the pick that became Ilya Zubov!??

I'll say we won that deal.

Hope Zubov can be a big contributor in the years to come. we'll know how good this trade was for us once he cracks the line up.

On the Spezza rumors, if they are legit, you could pretty much expect to see him traded out west. So my question is, who out West is the best option? I say either package Spezza and Gerber and send them off to Minasota for Backstrom and Burns. That would be amazing! Or, perhaps to LA for Bernier and one of their recent stud defensemen acquired at this years draft. Or perhaps Chicago for Sharp and Keith. These are the kind of deals I could see Murray looking into if there is any truth to these rumors. Anything less is not worth considering.

15Spezza trade rumors Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would be OUTRAGED if the Sens made Spezza the scapegoat and traded him. The reasons are obvious (like he's our only good center).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum