GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza trade rumors

+9
beedub
PTFlea
Snuh
Riprock
mattshock
COLLAR UP
Cronie
smash88
PKC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of trades, did anyone know we traded Lalime for the pick that became Ilya Zubov!??

I'll say we won that deal.

17Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 am

Snuh

Rookie
Rookie

mattbond wrote:Speaking of trades, did anyone know we traded Lalime for the pick that became Ilya Zubov!??

I'll say we won that deal.

Hope Zubov can be a big contributor in the years to come. we'll know how good this trade was for us once he cracks the line up.

On the Spezza rumors, if they are legit, you could pretty much expect to see him traded out west. So my question is, who out West is the best option? I say either package Spezza and Gerber and send them off to Minasota for Backstrom and Burns. That would be amazing! Or, perhaps to LA for Bernier and one of their recent stud defensemen acquired at this years draft. Or perhaps Chicago for Sharp and Keith. These are the kind of deals I could see Murray looking into if there is any truth to these rumors. Anything less is not worth considering.

18Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would be OUTRAGED if the Sens made Spezza the scapegoat and traded him. The reasons are obvious (like he's our only good center).

19Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I would be OUTRAGED if the Sens made Spezza the scapegoat and traded him. The reasons are obvious (like he's our only good center).

yup, I think we'd be in the same boat Heater...

20Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Agreed Snuh, it would be out west. I would love to see Backstrom in Ottawa.

21Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:41 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If you move Spezza, you almost certainly need a number 1 center coming back in return.
I wouldn't be too upset with a more hard-nosed center coming back our way as well as a stud defenseman.

22Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:42 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I would be OUTRAGED if the Sens made Spezza the scapegoat and traded him. The reasons are obvious (like he's our only good center).

We're thin enough in the middle as is...

Trading Spezza (a proven top scorer in the NHL) is not an option for me right now. He's a huge part of this club moving forward.

23Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

mattbond wrote:

Trading Spezza (a proven top scorer in the NHL) is not an option for me right now. He's a huge part of this club moving forward.

What about a straight swap of Spezza for Getzlaf? Ha! I know it would never happen, but I'd welcome that trade with open arms.

24Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 am

COLLAR UP wrote:
PKC wrote:Looks like Ek has fired up the Spezza to [insert choice of team] rumors again. To be completely honest, I'm not totally surprised. Depending on the return, I'm not saying I would be against a move like that.

Maybe a true number 1 goalie and a replacement center -- albeit one with less offensive skill in the interim.

If the sens were to trade Spezza...and that is obviously a BIG IF...

let's prioritize...what do we want in return...

is a a keeper...who?

if it's another centre...or winger...who?

and if it's a PMD...who?

I am just curious to discuss the possibilities...packagaes...etc...

Seeing as this is fantasy...100 point Centres don't grow on trees.

But if you're trading him you're sending him to the western conference. I'd send him to COlumbus for Nash and Leclaire for Spezza Vermette and Schubert...

25Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Seeing as this is fantasy...100 point Centres don't grow on trees.

But if you're trading him you're sending him to the western conference. I'd send him to COlumbus for Nash and Leclaire for Spezza Vermette and Schubert...

Let me justify the trade seeing as I'm going to get lept on.

Nash we already know can play well with heatley...plus he's more of a power forward than Spezza and is about 3 million cheaper for 2 more years.

Leclair has 3 more years at the same salary as Gerber so it gives time for Elliot to refine his skill.

Lastly by sending the white colar working Vermette away you can bring up Bass who I think we'd all like anyways..

Schbert being moved is partley out of necessity...as he's not happy and starting to cause problems on the team..

You save a whack of salary and get 2 pretty good pieces...maybe look at throwing the #1 pick from San Jose for Klesla as well...

As for Gerber...they can either take him in the trade or bury him in the minors..

26Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:22 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think anyone is going to jump on you, dawg, I think Nash in Ottawa would be friggin dynamite.

27Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:38 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Snuh wrote:
mattbond wrote:

What about a straight swap of Spezza for Getzlaf? Ha! I know it would never happen, but I'd welcome that trade with open arms.

I'd do it.

28Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:Seeing as this is fantasy...100 point Centres don't grow on trees.

That would be a terrible deal for the Blue Jackets. They're FINALLY starting to get good goaltending from Leclaire (whom they drafted VERY high, 1st overall I think). Spezza for Nash is arguably a fair 1 for 1 swap, so why would Columbus sweeten the pot and toss away Leclaire for an underachieving Vermette and our baggage (Schubert).

It looks like too sweet a deal for us, although if it were on the table I'd do it in a heartbeat.

29Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:49 pm

mattbond wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Seeing as this is fantasy...100 point Centres don't grow on trees.

That would be a terrible deal for the Blue Jackets. They're FINALLY starting to get good goaltending from Leclaire (whom they drafted VERY high, 1st overall I think). Spezza for Nash is arguably a fair 1 for 1 swap, so why would Columbus sweeten the pot and toss away Leclaire for an underachieving Vermette and our baggage (Schubert).

It looks like too sweet a deal for us, although if it were on the table I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Columbus is going to have a big problem on their hands with Norrena Leclair and Mason on on the Roster...someone is going to want to play. Norrena is a stud and he is their future...I doubt they are willing to give him up even if he is a UFA at the end of the year...Hell if they want to give up Norrena I'd do that in a second..even better...(1 condition, we get to negotiate with Norrena prior to finalizing the deal). I'd also take Masson but he's a RFA at his end and only 905K but I'd take him as well.

30Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:51 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Is that the Mason that played with Pogge and Irving for team Canada?

A crowded goalie crease is always good, but without salary implications it's still a seller's market at this time.

31Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Norrena isn't their future... Leclaire is, then Mason. Freddie's 34 years old.

Nash is my favourite player and I consider him one of if not the best player in the NHL. He's huge and has tremendous skills.

While I of course make this trade, it never happens. While Columbus has never made the playoffs, they are finally getting closer. They're much likelier to get the #1 playmaking center they need for Nash, not trading Nash away to get it.

32Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Spezza trade rumors are just plain stupid.

33Spezza trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Spezza trade rumors Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

They're the most interesting to theorize about, as he would bring back considerable value, but yes: they are incredibly unlikely scenarios.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum