GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston to get contract offer today?

+10
LeCaptain
PTFlea
LethalLehner
wprager
Urkie
top shelf15
Cronie
SensGirl11
davetherave
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, Gene's in town for a presser to talk about this season, missing the playoffs and what not. I wonder if he'll make the official offer to Clouston today? I see no reason why he should not. Clouston has turned this team around, got them to buy in and play with passion and desire. Something neither Paddock nor Hartsy could do. It's clear he is the man for this job and the players are in agreement.

Is there any reason for concern that his system won't survive a whole season? I've seen a few rumblings from other fans suggesting that his system is good for short term results but won't last a whole season/playoff push.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

If Murray gets him the players (assuming Murray keeps his job), IMHO Clouston can get it done.

From everything we've seen, he's got a great future as a coach.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm pretty positive that he will be extended today. What a record for a rookie coach coming in to coach a team that was falling apart.
Kudos to Clouston for turning our Sens around!! :KKK: Cheering

19-10-3 BABY!! Let's make it 20!!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Honestly Shabbs, I can understand where some of those fans or pundits may be coming from, but I tend to believe that since the Sens had so little hope of making the playoffs anyway by the time Clouston came in, my theory is they bought in out of simple pride and passion; therefore I see no reason or indication why Clouston's aggressive forechecking/run & gun style would NOT be effective for another season or two.

As DTR suggests, if Murray can bring in more talent, I say Clouston has certainly made a case for himself.

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:So, Gene's in town for a presser to talk about this season, missing the playoffs and what not. I wonder if he'll make the official offer to Clouston today? I see no reason why he should not. Clouston has turned this team around, got them to buy in and play with passion and desire. Something neither Paddock nor Hartsy could do. It's clear he is the man for this job and the players are in agreement.

Is there any reason for concern that his system won't survive a whole season? I've seen a few rumblings from other fans suggesting that his system is good for short term results but won't last a whole season/playoff push.
I think how he keeps the whole team into the game is by giving everyone a chance to contribute,4th liner to top player he keeps them involved .This a characteristic found with most sucessful coaches,i think he really likes the X,s and O,s of the game and shares this with the whole team.And probably allows imput from players which breeds great team play

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was thinking the same thing Top Shelf. I've been getting the impression that Cory is really hands-on with his advice and lessons; plus judging from some camera-pans during games when he's discussing with players, it looks as though the players provide as much feedback as Cory is providing to the player, and to me, that's brilliant. It breeds a better-learning and thriving environment.

Good call dude.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Honestly too, who would have thought we would see so much drive and heart in our boys to end the season, knowing that they aren't going to be playing playoff hockey. That shows a lot about the guy coaching them too, IMO. I really didn't expect to see our boys fighting like they are at this point in time.

On another note, can you believe how good Alfie looks lately??!! Does it not remind you of how he looked going into the playoffs in 06-07? It's really unfortunate that we aren't going to be battling for Stanley this year, because with him playing the way he is and Heatley starting to turn it on, it could've been a fun run.

What in the hell is happening to Jersey?? 1st round upset is on the way for them, I can taste it.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The donut eating, elbow bending 'pundits' be damned.

Clouston's a realist. He doesn't make empty promises. He just goes out and does the job.

The players know it, and as Mike Eastwood said, that's what works.

His horsetraining experience has stood Mr Clouston in good stead. He knows when to use the whip, and when to use the carrot.

And he gives the fans their money's worth.

cool)

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Your masterful use and ease with Prose never ceases to amaze me DTR.

Smile

EDIT: on a side note, does anyone know whether this 'presser' will be broadcast/streamed? and if so, where?

10Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Re: Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Cronie wrote:I was thinking the same thing Top Shelf. I've been getting the impression that Cory is really hands-on with his advice and lessons; plus judging from some camera-pans during games when he's discussing with players, it looks as though the players provide as much feedback as Cory is providing to the player, and to me, that's brilliant. It breeds a better-learning and thriving environment.

Good call dude.
Thx its like the whole team is involved in a set piece battle out there,war is a terrible thing but moving flags around a map is pretty fun stuff ,which is what the team seems to be doing .We are great at planning ambushes right now all we need is the heavy artillery from the point (karrlson please) lobing bombs in there,and we will be masters of the field i mean ice lol :D:

11Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Re: Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ahhh! You set a pretty nice tone with those "Risk" metaphors!

God, I wish our Sens would be in the thick of the playoffs this year... Such potential. Sad

Ah well, there's always next year. *sniff sniff*

12Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Re: Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Cronie wrote:ahhh! You set a pretty nice tone with those "Risk" metaphors!

God, I wish our Sens would be in the thick of the playoffs this year... Such potential. Sad

Ah well, there's always next year. *sniff sniff*
Yeah Risk, Panzer general,all great games love them.I think coach cory must have lent his copy of the Art of War by the master Sun Tzu,to brian lee :D: and judging by the fight he had with maximne i think he is reading it lol

13Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Re: Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

We have head coach in this guy ,thank god, :D: better than some retread , great job BM

14Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Re: Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahh! Sun Tzu and Nietsche's Superman are two books I read and re-read constantly.

You, sir, have good taste! Smile

15Clouston to get contract offer today? Empty Re: Clouston to get contract offer today? Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 yr extension for Clouston! WOO OHOO!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum