GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston: All is NOT forgiven

+10
Snuh
TheAvatar
Anshu
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/10/10829991.html

While Heatley complained his role “diminished” under Clouston after Craig Hartsburg was fired with 34 games left in the season, Clouston is going to try to keep the distraction to a minimum while GM Bryan Murray tries to deal the two-time 50-goal scorer.

Clouston, who had 19-11-4 record after being hired in early February, admitted the start of training camp isn’t going to be easy with Heatley still in town and unwilling to back off on his trade demand.

“I don’t think it’s possible to put everything behind. It’s an ongoing process,” said Clouston. “There’s going to be questions (about Heatley) throughout camp, throughout the start of the season, so I don’t think it’s something you can put a period on it and it’s over and done with.

“It’s going to be an ongoing situation. We’re going to go through some ups and downs.”

Clouston believes the players can draw from their experiences with former goaltender Ray Emery and the current issue with Heatley to pull together as a group.

“I want everyone to learn from (these incidents),” said Clouston. “I want everyone to use those incidents and situations, where maybe individuals got off the team path and off the road and kind of got off on their own page, and (realize) how destructive it can become.

“When you play together as a team, there’s no question you are individuals, but you play a team sport. So you always want to succeed as an individual, but the team goals have to coincide with that. When those two aren’t on the same page, that’s when you get fractions and that’s when you get situations where you’re not playing to your potential as a team.

“That’s our whole goal is to get everybody back on board. I think we started to do that (when he came in last year), than was happening previously and our record showed it. We are capable of playing together as a team and having success.”

Some interesting and candid comments from Clouston. Really like this guy a lot. :___:

2Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, Le Clou nails it.

3Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Repeat after me Heatley: Team first.

4Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Repeat after me Heatley: Team first.

Heatley would sooner curl up in a dark corner and weep than utter those words. Fortunately, he has lots of hundred-dollar bills to wipe his tears with.

5Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:46 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I really like Clouston's attitude.

It really like seems like Dany is putting his interests above the team.

6Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

If Coach Cory and DH aren't on the same page, difficult to see how BM doesn't trade Heater before or shortly after season starts.

7Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clouston has to put the hammer down and Murray has to make sure he's behind him on that too. Look at what happened with Hartsburgh and Paddock when they let the team do what they wanted. Clouston showed he could run the show and likely prolonged Murray's career as GM of Ottawa so now that Heatley know's this isn't all talk and he has to get in line he wants out.

- Unknown Author

8Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:20 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@Clutch> which means Clouston can decide to put DH in the press box if he so chooses? BM has made it clear it's Cory's team.

9Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Repeat after me Heatley: Team first.

Heatley would sooner curl up in a dark corner and weep than utter those words. Fortunately, he has lots of hundred-dollar bills to wipe his tears with.

All of you still think that? No-one here has done anything showing a lack of maturity or a bit of selfishness before turning 30 or some other magical age?

I'm not saying his career with the Senators can be salvaged at this point, but I still believe that Heatley can be a good team player somewhere else. Might take a few years, but if he's scoring 45-50 goals a season until then, I'm sure most dressing rooms can accommodate him.

10Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:@Clutch> which means Clouston can decide to put DH in the press box if he so chooses? BM has made it clear it's Cory's team.

I can't see Clouston doing that unless it really becomes necessary. In other words if Heatley starts to deliberately sabotage the Sens chances at winning games or shows a very clear unwillingness to get with the program and buy in.

- Unknown Author

11Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:18 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:@Clutch> which means Clouston can decide to put DH in the press box if he so chooses? BM has made it clear it's Cory's team.

I can't see Clouston doing that unless it really becomes necessary. In other words if Heatley starts to deliberately sabotage the Sens chances at winning games or shows a very clear unwillingness to get with the program and buy in.

Olympics.

It won't be an issue. Whenever someone brings up even the idea that something actively detrimental to the team will occur because of him, all you have to say is: Olympics.

12Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@CC/Cas> does Clouston care about DH's Olympic ambitions?

13Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Clouston has to put the hammer down and Murray has to make sure he's behind him on that too. Look at what happened with Hartsburgh and Paddock when they let the team do what they wanted. Clouston showed he could run the show and likely prolonged Murray's career as GM of Ottawa so now that Heatley know's this isn't all talk and he has to get in line he wants out.

As a pretty big fan of Murray, this bolded part is the absolute truth and everyone knows it. Clouston will have a LONG leash. Good point Clutch.

14Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 pm

davetherave wrote:@CC/Cas> does Clouston care about DH's Olympic ambitions?

Does DH care what Clouston thinks?

15Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Empty Re: Clouston: All is NOT forgiven Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:
davetherave wrote:@CC/Cas> does Clouston care about DH's Olympic ambitions?

Does DH care what Clouston thinks?

If nothing goes down, he'll learn to in a big hurry I would suggest. Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum