GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston: What diminished role?

+13
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
shabbs
jamvan
wprager
Hobiesens
asq2
SensFan71
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Heatley+role+never+diminished+Clouston/1931859/story.html

Ottawa Senators coach Cory Clouston denied Wednesday that winger Dany Heatley's role diminished on his watch.

In a media availability at Scotiabank Place, Clouston suggested any moves he made were meant to help the team, not punish the player.

“As far as a diminished role, it was very slightly diminished and, in my opinion, it wasn’t diminished,” Clouston said. “It was to try and spread out the scoring, as it’s been printed on several occasions.

“Everybody knows (Heatley’s) production actually went up over the last while as well,” he added.

On Friday, Heatley told reporters that he requested a trade from the Senators in the spring because he was unhappy with his role on the team. It's believed a slight reduction in ice time and a demotion to the second power play unit were big factors in his decision.

Clouston said Heatley was always respectful in their meetings, during which both men spoke their minds and discussed what a bigger role meant.

“Basically we needed from Dany what we needed from everybody else,” Clouston explained. “Come into camp with the right frame of mind, be a team guy, work extremely hard and if those things were done then absolutely his ice time was not going to be diminished by any way, shape or form.”

Ottawa general manager Bryan Murray’s inability to swing a fair deal this summer means No. 15 could be just weeks away from a return to the nation’s capital.

Clouston said he’s preparing for that possibility. One issue Clouston wasn't ready to discuss was the status of Heatley's assistant captaincy, however.

“We’ll wait and see on that. Until we see the whites of his eyes in the dressing room, we’ll address it then.”

2Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kablam!

Clouston says what we all knew. De-bunking the biggest myth since the "bonus".

Eugene should bring in Iron Maiden to show some love to his new coach, by the way.

“We’ll wait and see on that. Until we see the whites of his eyes in the dressing room, we’ll address it then.”

Holy Diddle, Cory. Clint Eastwood much?

Laughing3 So true!!

3Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

jeez heatley better be traded or this could get ugly

4Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:05 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Translation: Shut the Diddle up and play!!

5Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shazam, good one Clouston, let Heatley have it.

6Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

After hearing that from Clouston I wonder if Heatley is on the phone with Edmonton?

7Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:10 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

:KKK:

8Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

finally, a coach who may actually know the definition of ACCOUNTABLE.

9Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

think Clouston deserves an appreciation thread for telling it like it is and for possibly working Heatley like a dog when he shows up for training camp. If I was Heatley and I heard this comments, I believe I would have just shat myself.

10Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 pm

If I wore panties...I'd be throwing them at Clouston. This guy is a Diddle rockstar.

11Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:think Clouston deserves an appreciation thread for telling it like it is and for possibly working Heatley like a dog when he shows up for training camp. If I was Heatley and I heard this comments, I believe I would have just shat myself.

Laughing3 Absolutely! He's so stupid he doesn't even know what hit him.

12Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

hemlock wrote:If I wore panties...I'd be throwing them at Clouston. This guy is a Diddle rockstar.

Done and DONE! oh, I mean... Sarcasm

13Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I like this one too.

"I didn't take it personally and it didn't offend me," said Clouston.

Translation: I could care less what this loser thinks about me.

14Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
hemlock wrote:If I wore panties...I'd be throwing them at Clouston. This guy is a Diddle rockstar.

Done and DONE! oh, I mean... Sarcasm

To quote Dean Brown:

"Oh, my heavens!" Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

15Clouston: What diminished role? Empty Re: Clouston: What diminished role? Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Kablam!

Clouston says what we all knew. De-bunking the biggest myth since the "bonus".

Eugene should bring in Iron Maiden to show some love to his new coach, by the way.

Holy Diddle, Cory. Clint Eastwood much?

Laughing3 So true!!

The pupil in his left eye is permanently dilated, so it's possible if he doesn't open them wide enough you won't see the "whites" of both eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum