GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

diminished role

+11
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensFan71
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
shabbs
spader
dennycrane
asq2
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1diminished role Empty diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

could we please bring heatley back and play him on the third line wth kelly and donovan.

alfie spezza kovalev
foligno fisher shannon
heatley kelly donovan
rutuu bass neil

play or quit danny i don't give a crap.
play on the pk so the end of season stats are 18 goals, 14 assists, -45.
hows edmonton looking now????

now thats a diminished role.

2diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 am

he will play for ottawa this year I think .... baby steps ....

What about getting a new coach?

3diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:he will play for ottawa this year I think .... baby steps ....

Absolutely not. That would truly be letting the in-mates run the asylum.

Clouston has done nothing wrong apart from making the necessary adjustments for this team to be successful. And we haven't had stability at the coaching position since Murray was there in 2006-2007. There is no way whatsoever that you can justify firing him.

4diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:56 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think he was kidding.

Heatley - you want options? Here are some:

Russia
Binghamton
Edmonton
Quit

Not sure which is the best of those options.

5diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 am

dennycrane wrote:I think he was kidding.

Russia
Binghamton
Edmonton
Quit

Ummm. Where is Ottawa is those options?

6diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:16 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:he will play for ottawa this year I think .... baby steps ....

I hope you're kidding. We finally have a coach that means it when he says he'll hold the players accountable. He brought success back to Ottawa after a brief stint of the opposite.

If he can pick up where he left off and LeClaire is what we all hope he is, this is a season to be excited about.

7diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:45 am

spader wrote:

I hope you're kidding. We finally have a coach that means it when he says he'll hold the players accountable. He brought success back to Ottawa after a brief stint of the opposite.

If he can pick up where he left off and LeClaire is what we all hope he is, this is a season to be excited about.

Just a question and sorry to change the thread topic for a brief moment, but what are you hoping for out of Leclaire? :KJK:

8diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 am

dennycrane wrote:I think he was kidding.

Russia
Binghamton
Edmonton
Quit
Ottawa

umm here's^ the real list of options.

a) he'll never go play in Russia while there is hockey in the NA.
b) he has a nmc, not an ntc - he cannot be demoted.
c) as I said from the very outset of trade discussion prior to anything happening with Edmonton: He will NEVER waive to go to Edmonton. It is the last place in the league that you will ever see Heatley play.
d) 28 year old stars don't quit playing hockey without some kind of injury concern. Obviously he has some, but he just put up 39 and 72 in what is widely considered a down year. Prior to this season, he has put up 0.6 goals per game and 1.2 points per game. Plus its an Olympic year...

Its actually really funny and incredibly ironic that the guy who "only wants more than one option" now has exactly that: One. Come to training camp, stfu, play your way on to the Olympic team, crap out on us when its done. Thats it, thats all.

9diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:14 pm

SilverSevenSens had this:

However, we can break this down even further, by comparing Dany's time under Craig Hartsburg, and under Cory Clouston. Under Hartsburg, Heatley averaged 21:00/game, while under Clouston, his time was cut to 18:50/game. As you can see, Dany lost approximately two minutes per game in the transition from Hartsburg to Clouston, which may be where his discontent stems from. However, Dany wasn't the only player to lose time once Clouston came in, as the new coach spread out the icetime more between players in order to preserve the top line's energy.

http://www.silversevensens.com/2009/8/23/998626/dany-heatleys-diminished-role

I think its pretty interesting to analyze his drop from Harts to Clou.

10diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Has anyone crunched his points average under Hartsy and then under Clouston? Were they close?

Remember when Paddock burned the crap out of our top line? That never works. Clouston seems to recognize that a balanced attack is better in the long run. But I guess Heatley is only focused on his minutes and "role".

11diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:10 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

cas wrote:SilverSevenSens had this:

However, we can break this down even further, by comparing Dany's time under Craig Hartsburg, and under Cory Clouston. Under Hartsburg, Heatley averaged 21:00/game, while under Clouston, his time was cut to 18:50/game. As you can see, Dany lost approximately two minutes per game in the transition from Hartsburg to Clouston, which may be where his discontent stems from. However, Dany wasn't the only player to lose time once Clouston came in, as the new coach spread out the icetime more between players in order to preserve the top line's energy.

Heatley should be thinking and wondering about the apparent inverse relationship between his ice time and overall team performance (in the "W" column).

12diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 pm

TheAvatar wrote:
cas wrote:SilverSevenSens had this:

Heatley should be thinking and wondering about the apparent inverse relationship between his ice time and overall team performance (in the "W" column).

OH SNAP! +1

13diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Has anyone crunched his points average under Hartsy and then under Clouston? Were they close?

Remember when Paddock burned the crap out of our top line? That never works. Clouston seems to recognize that a balanced attack is better in the long run. But I guess Heatley is only focused on his minutes and "role".

Under clouston heatley had 17G 9A 26 points in 34Games
Under Hartsburg heater had 22G 24A 46points in 48games
figuring it out under a full season of Clouston would be approx 65* points
under hartsy he would have gotten around 78*

for comparison sakes i also figured out spezzas stats
Under clouston 14G 20A 34 points in 34Games
Under Hartsburg 18G 21A 39 points in 48games
Under clouson about 82 points*for 82 games
under Hartsy about 67 points*for 82 games

*numbers are not exact but are decent and close approximations

14diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, is Heatley now going to write a new tell-all book, entitled "Diminishing (ice time) Dany Heatley"?

15diminished role Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

well according to the rough numbers that i calculated it certainly seems to show that heatley is a little more concerned about his own numbers and not about the team

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum