GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

diminished role

+11
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensFan71
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
shabbs
spader
dennycrane
asq2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61diminished role - Page 5 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

yea the less time only seemed to negatively affect heatley probably because he was to busy complaining and not trying hard enough

62diminished role - Page 5 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:yea the less time only seemed to negatively affect heatley probably because he was to busy complaining and not trying hard enough

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will judge Heatley pretty much solely by his numbers (and his on-ice effort). Nothing less than a 50 goal, 100 point season would amuse me. cool) Diddle you asshat, shouldn't have mouthed off in that press conference - TONS of pressure coming your way.

63diminished role - Page 5 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:31 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Rooney, FOI is *not* Notch. Guaranteed. The two were on at the same time. You were a little callous even joking about saying he could be Notch.

FOI, settled down. Rooney's post was unnecessary and uncalled for, so why not "win" this by taking the high road?

Also, you don't state Leclaire will get injured as an opinion, but as a matter of fact. It is very likely that he will get injured, just as it was very likely last year that Brodeur would *not* have gotten injured. Trends get broked all the time.

FireOnIce wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Just a question and sorry to change the thread topic for a brief moment, but what are you hoping for out of Leclaire? :KJK:

I'm hoping for a him to be healthy for the term of his contract, to post numbers similar to what he did in 07/08, and be the best player on several nights.

The biggest thing for me is that I don't get the sinking feeling in my stomach whenever there's an opposing scoring chance that I got from Lalime, Emery (toward the end), Gerber, and Elliot at times.

To clarify, I want Leclaire to provide stability.

Uh oh. You took the bait. Get ready for a Notchified "Leclaire is guaranteed to get injured" rant. Facepalm

Took the bait? All I did was clarify my position. Since my position is based on "hope", I won't worry about what ends up happening. If Leclaire does get injured, it neither defeats nor validates my hope.

That FireOnIce guy has been adamant that Leclaire will get injured for half of the season, just like one previous (now barred) poster named Notch4077. It was a personal hobby horse of his, and he rode it right to permanent banishment. When you replied, you invited another rant on this issue, of which we have all had more than enough, I should think.

Not that I'm saying FireOnIce is Notch4077... but as they say, 'ye shall know the tree by its fruits.' Smile

Hmmm, I just noticed this.

Rooneypoo, I am not sure what your point is? And I'm really not sure why you are the second person to call me Notch4077?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think it is so far out of the ordinary to have Leclaire health put into question by more than one person on a Sens board? Do you seriously want me to start posting links of all the experts who know that Leclaire is made of glass.

Give your head a shake or get it out of your as(s)? Am I upset right now, yes. I will put $5000 dollars of the fact that Leclaire gets hurt? Wanna make that bet? I didn't think so.

Are you that dense? Here are 2 facts for you:
1) Leclaire will get hurt, it's called a trend.
2) I am not Notch.

I have always respected your posts, until now. I seriously can not believe you think there is only one person in this world that may have the opinion the Leclaire will get hurt.

Unbelievable.

64diminished role - Page 5 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

FireOnIce wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

That FireOnIce guy has been adamant that Leclaire will get injured for half of the season, just like one previous (now barred) poster named Notch4077. It was a personal hobby horse of his, and he rode it right to permanent banishment. When you replied, you invited another rant on this issue, of which we have all had more than enough, I should think.

Not that I'm saying FireOnIce is Notch4077... but as they say, 'ye shall know the tree by its fruits.' Smile

Rooneypoo, I am not sure what your point is? And I'm really not sure why you are the second person to call me Notch4077?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think it is so far out of the ordinary to have Leclaire health put into question by more than one person on a Sens board? Do you seriously want me to start posting links of all the experts who know that Leclaire is made of glass.

Give your head a shake or get it out of your as(s)? Am I upset right now, yes. I will put $5000 dollars of the fact that Leclaire gets hurt? Wanna make that bet? I didn't think so.

2) I am not Notch.

I have always respected your posts, until now. I seriously can not believe you think there is only one person in this world that may have the opinion the Leclaire will get hurt.

Unbelievable.

Give your tired, stale cliches a shake instead.

Listen, I don't give a rat's Donkey what you or any one else on this site might think of me. I've been around since the beginning, and everyone here that matters a damn knows exactly where I stand and what I bring to the table.

As for the matter at hand, I'm not saying that you are Notch. All I know is, you ride that same hobby horse that he did, and you do it just as hard and annoyingly, as you do the "Heatley will be in our roster opening night" thing. The fact that you register the mere hint as such an insult tells me loads, too.

Here's a tip: stop making predictions that don't mean anything -- this is an internet chatroom, not Vegas; nobody's going to be exchanging money or anything valuable -- and just focus on contributing positively to the debate about a given subject through cool, dispassionate arguments, probing questions, and well-supported opinions. These are things we can debate. Predictions we can't, and they just polarize people. You can predict or guarantee that Leclaire will get injured or Heatley will be on the roster on opening night till the Zherdevs return to Russia, as you have been doing, but that's not going to change the fact that those are speculative statements posing as facts, which plead for disagreement and polarized debate. They bring out the worst in the people around you.

I look forward to discussing Leclaire or Heatley with anyone around here. But they second those discussions turn to predicting the future, I tune out. It's worst that useless; it's counter-productive. It's the very thing I hated in Neely when he was at his worst. When he was at his best, however, he brought loads to the table -- and it's people like you who have made him disgusted with this site, and forced him to look elsewhere.

This will be the only time I reply on this subject.

65diminished role - Page 5 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

2) I am not Notch.

Unbelievable.

Give your tired, stale cliches a shake instead.

Listen, I don't give a rat's Donkey what you or any one else on this site might think of me. I've been around since the beginning, and everyone here that matters a damn knows exactly where I stand and what I bring to the table.

As for the matter at hand, I'm not saying that you are Notch. All I know is, you ride that same hobby horse that he did, and you do it just as hard and annoyingly, as you do the "Heatley will be in our roster opening night" thing. The fact that you register the mere hint as such an insult tells me loads, too.

Here's a tip: stop making predictions that don't mean anything -- this is an internet chatroom, not Vegas; nobody's going to be exchanging money or anything valuable -- and just focus on contributing positively to the debate about a given subject through cool, dispassionate arguments, probing questions, and well-supported opinions. These are things we can debate. Predictions we can't, and they just polarize people. You can predict or guarantee that Leclaire will get injured or Heatley will be on the roster on opening night till the Zherdevs return to Russia, as you have been doing, but that's not going to change the fact that those are speculative statements posing as facts, which plead for disagreement and polarized debate. They bring out the worst in the people around you.

I look forward to discussing Leclaire or Heatley with anyone around here. But they second those discussions turn to predicting the future, I tune out. It's worst that useless; it's counter-productive. It's the very thing I hated in Neely when he was at his worst. When he was at his best, however, he brought loads to the table -- and it's people like you who have made him disgusted with this site, and forced him to look elsewhere.

This will be the only time I reply on this subject.

I co-sign everything in this post. Well said.

Its all well and good to want for accurate foresight, as it is to demonstrate prescience in the right circumstances, but it hardly seems important in this forum. I've fallen in that trap myself (of wanting to impress with predictions) and its something I still catch myself doing from time to time.

During my time on this site, however, its become abundantly clear to me that predicting the result is nowhere near as relevant as accurately analyzing the events which have already occured. Inevitably, when you analyze something enough, you see all the different potential (and dependent) outcomes and come to the realization that there are simply too many variables to state a prediction as anything but a guess.

And that's really all it is - a guess.

If you're goal FOI is to prove how good a guesser you are, then you may be disappointed when you realize that nobody cares.

Last edited by cas on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

66diminished role - Page 5 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Back to hockey talk guys. I just got back from the cottage, need y'all to chill.... cool)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum