GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

diminished role

+11
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensFan71
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
shabbs
spader
dennycrane
asq2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 am

TheAvatar wrote:He's not getting traded before camp (or I'll eat my hat)

Your hat is safe. :___:

32diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

We'll hold you to that! Smile

33diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:50 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Just a question and sorry to change the thread topic for a brief moment, but what are you hoping for out of Leclaire? :KJK:

I'm hoping for a him to be healthy for the term of his contract, to post numbers similar to what he did in 07/08, and be the best player on several nights.

The biggest thing for me is that I don't get the sinking feeling in my stomach whenever there's an opposing scoring chance that I got from Lalime, Emery (toward the end), Gerber, and Elliot at times.

To clarify, I want Leclaire to provide stability.

Uh oh. You took the bait. Get ready for a Notchified "Leclaire is guaranteed to get injured" rant. Facepalm

Took the bait? All I did was clarify my position. Since my position is based on "hope", I won't worry about what ends up happening. If Leclaire does get injured, it neither defeats nor validates my hope.

34diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:59 pm

wprager wrote:

Yarlmulke or Stetson?

I've already started praying for one of those really ridiculously oversized sombraros.

If there's a god.......

35diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:24 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Just a question and sorry to change the thread topic for a brief moment, but what are you hoping for out of Leclaire? :KJK:

I'm hoping for a him to be healthy for the term of his contract, to post numbers similar to what he did in 07/08, and be the best player on several nights.

The biggest thing for me is that I don't get the sinking feeling in my stomach whenever there's an opposing scoring chance that I got from Lalime, Emery (toward the end), Gerber, and Elliot at times.

Uh oh. You took the bait. Get ready for a Notchified "Leclaire is guaranteed to get injured" rant. Facepalm

Took the bait? All I did was clarify my position. Since my position is based on "hope", I won't worry about what ends up happening. If Leclaire does get injured, it neither defeats nor validates my hope.

That FireOnIce guy has been adamant that Leclaire will get injured for half of the season, just like one previous (now barred) poster named Notch4077. It was a personal hobby horse of his, and he rode it right to permanent banishment. When you replied, you invited another rant on this issue, of which we have all had more than enough, I should think.

Not that I'm saying FireOnIce is Notch4077... but as they say, 'ye shall know the tree by its fruits.' Smile

36diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

That FireOnIce guy has been adamant that Leclaire will get injured for half of the season, just like one previous (now barred) poster named Notch4077. It was a personal hobby horse of his, and he rode it right to permanent banishment. When you replied, you invited another rant on this issue, of which we have all had more than enough, I should think.

Not that I'm saying FireOnIce is Notch4077... but as they say, 'ye shall know the tree by its fruits.' Smile

At least he doesn't go around calling people ad hominems! 🇬🇬

37diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Lets all be nice to each other and hate Heatley instead, that no good piece of s**t, worthless ****, selfish **** ********, *****, ***of a *****.

I feel better.

38diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

a fun little fact as we saw heatley had a decreased point total and spezzas actually increased alfie missed 2 games under clouston and figuring out his stat a full year under hartsburg would have been 77pts
under clouston alfies point total would have been 77pts out of the big three the only one who seemed to "suffer" was heatleys stats

(if someone wants to know how a certain players nubers were affected let me know im bored and dont mind doing a few)

39diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:28 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Hmmm, I just noticed this.

Rooneypoo, I am not sure what your point is? And I'm really not sure why you are the second person to call me Notch4077?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think it is so far out of the ordinary to have Leclaire health put into question by more than one person on a Sens board? Do you seriously want me to start posting links of all the experts who know that Leclaire is made of glass.

Give your head a shake or get it out of your as(s)? Am I upset right now, yes. I will put $5000 dollars of the fact that Leclaire gets hurt? Wanna make that bet? I didn't think so.

Are you that dense? Here are 2 facts for you:
1) Leclaire will get hurt, it's called a trend.
2) I am not Notch.

I have always respected your posts, until now. I seriously can not believe you think there is only one person in this world that may have the opinion the Leclaire will get hurt.

Unbelievable.

40diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 pm

I think these people may be Notch4077 as well?

http://www.fantasysensehockey.net/2009/03/pascal-leclaire-numbers.html

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/bhr/comments/leclaire_to_ir_lacosta_up/

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2156:leclaire-vs-elliott&catid=31:justin-goldman&Itemid=100

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=Nhl&id=1413

I think I will stop there because there really is no point anymore. Any hockey fan knows Leclaire is made of glass. If Notch's mission was to get the point across that Leclaire will not play a full season, kudos to him.

I can't believe 2 people may have the same opinion on Leclaire's health status. It boggles my mind!

Do you understand how stupid you sound Rooney in saying I MUST be this Notch guy?

I have been on this site for 2 weeks and I am taking a break already, it's sad really.

41diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

FireOnIce wrote:
Rooneypoo, I am not sure what your point is? And I'm really not sure why you are the second person to call me Notch4077?
Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think it is so far out of the ordinary to have Leclaire health put into question by more than one person on a Sens board? Do you seriously want me to start posting links of all the experts who know that Leclaire is made of glass.
Give your head a shake or get it out of your as(s)? Am I upset right now, yes. I will put $5000 dollars of the fact that Leclaire gets hurt? Wanna make that bet? I didn't think so.
2) I am not Notch.
I have always respected your posts, until now. I seriously can not believe you think there is only one person in this world that may have the opinion the Leclaire will get hurt.

Unbelievable.

Yes, that taking a break idea sounds like a good one.
A couple of issues with your post:

1) Personal attacks: Completely unneccessary. Comments like "give your head a shake" and "FAIL!" would be my personal pet peeves on these boards. Everything said on these boards unless stated otherwise is personal opinion...there's no need to respond like that...but hey, that's just my personal opinion

2) You state, as fact, that Leclaire will get hurt. Of course, it's not fact. Possible? Yes. Probable? The argument can be made. But fact, it is not.

The previous poster finished with a statement stating that he didn't know for certain that you are this other dude so I'm not sure why such a harsh reaction was needed.

42diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

FireOnIce wrote:I think these people may be Notch4077 as well?

http://www.fantasysensehockey.net/2009/03/pascal-leclaire-numbers.html

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/bhr/comments/leclaire_to_ir_lacosta_up/

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2156:leclaire-vs-elliott&catid=31:justin-goldman&Itemid=100

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=Nhl&id=1413

I think I will stop there because there really is no point anymore. Any hockey fan knows Leclaire is made of glass. If Notch's mission was to get the point across that Leclaire will not play a full season, kudos to him.

I can't believe 2 people may have the same opinion on Leclaire's health status. It boggles my mind!

Do you understand how stupid you sound Rooney in saying I MUST be this Notch guy?

I have been on this site for 2 weeks and I am taking a break already, it's sad really.

Now, to bring this thread back to hockey. Had your post been worded a little differently and although you've made the argument before, it's a fair argument.

My response would be that the references you used are, of course, stats from the past and bloggers giving their opinions on what may or may not happen in the coming season. Ya, it's a tough injury to come back from but he wouldn't be the first to do it.

Continuing your trend, check the link below:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2124/career;_ylt=AgQWe7ujsHADesC_K2ugYzNivLYF

Before last season, Havlat hadn't managed more than 35 games in the previous three seasons. If anyone would have suggested to me that Havlat would play 81 last year, I probably would have laughed. In fact, I laughed at the guy that picked him in my fantasy draft this year and he agreed "Mr.Glass" was a high risk pick.

There are plenty of examples out there showing players that were able to bounce back after bad or ongoing injuries...

I put the odds of Leclaire staying healthy this year at 50/50....we'll have to wait and see.

43diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

FOI- Rooney was kidding, he does that.

There's alot of teasing that goes around here, but it's all in good fun. no need to take it to heart.

44diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

FireOnIce wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

2) I am not Notch.

Unbelievable.

Let's say Leclaire doesn't get hurt even one time this season, how about you give me Ryan Miller on the sim? Sarcasm

45diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yea Leclaire may be more susceptible to injury but Spezza may get a career ending injury first game he plays this year. I mean Tavares could step out onto the ice and one of the sens nails him and ruins his career there are no guarantees. But there are also no guarantees that he will get hurt. Last time Leclaire did not do an adequate job rehabbing and taking care of himself and rushed it. This time he had surgery and has taken the appropriate amount of time and effort to try and regain his abilities instead of writing him off as a failure why not give him a chance. There is already a belief that Elliot is ready to take a major role anyway so there is not any reason to worry IMHO, but since no one can actually tell the future why don't we just wait and see.

now lets try to get this back about the king of selfishness Heatley

Last edited by Hockeyhero22000 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for Marakh would stop complaing about lack of puncuation :P)

46diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Less fightin' and more tradin'!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

47diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:yea leclaire may be more susceptible to injury but spezza may get a career ending injury first game he plays i mean tavares could step out onto the ice and one of the sens nails him and ruins his career there are no guarentees but there are also no guarentees that they will get hurt last time leclaire did not do an adequate job rehabing adn taking care of himself and rushed it this time he had surgery and has taken the appropriate amount of time and effort to try and regain his abilities instead of writing him off as a failure why not give him a chance there is already a belief that elliot is ready to take a major role anyway so there is not any reason to worry IMHO but since no one can actually tell the future why dont we just wait and see

now lets try to get this back about the king of selfishness Heatley

I wouldn't mind some punctuaiton next time Wink

48diminished role - Page 3 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:01 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

FireOnIce wrote:Hmmm, I just noticed this.

Did you also notice this phrase in his post?

Dr. Poo wrote:Not that I'm saying FireOnIce is Notch4077

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum