GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

diminished role

+11
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensFan71
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
shabbs
spader
dennycrane
asq2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Has anyone crunched his points average under Hartsy and then under Clouston? Were they close?

Remember when Paddock burned the crap out of our top line? That never works. Clouston seems to recognize that a balanced attack is better in the long run. But I guess Heatley is only focused on his minutes and "role".

Under clouston heatley had 17G 9A 26 points in 34Games
Under Hartsburg heater had 22G 24A 46points in 48games
figuring it out under a full season of Clouston would be approx 65* points
under hartsy he would have gotten around 78*

for comparison sakes i also figured out spezzas stats
Under clouston 14G 20A 34 points in 34Games
Under Hartsburg 18G 21A 39 points in 48games
Under clouson about 82 points*for 82 games
under Hartsy about 67 points*for 82 games

*numbers are not exact but are decent and close approximations

17diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So, is Heatley now going to write a new tell-all book, entitled "Diminishing (ice time) Dany Heatley"?

18diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

well according to the rough numbers that i calculated it certainly seems to show that heatley is a little more concerned about his own numbers and not about the team

19diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:well according to the rough numbers that i calculated it certainly seems to show that heatley is a little more concerned about his own numbers and not about the team
Yeah, that is interesting. So his production dropped off even more with Clouston's system in place... was that also him not giving a crap and deciding he wants out already? Or was it his reduced ice time/2nd PP unit role etc...?

Interesting to see Spezza's #'s go up...

We could probably slice and dice those stats any way if we dig even deeper... but this would suggest that Heatley doesn't seem to like Clouston's ways...

20diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yeah on a side note spezza seems to be taking clouston system well and was even rewarded by doing a little pking i hope he continues this development under cory

21diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:19 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So, is Heatley now going to write a new tell-all book, entitled "Diminishing (ice time) Dany Heatley"?

now there is something to use to prop the door open, throw out the old fruitcake now peeps, we have Dany's book when he publishes it :^^^^:

22diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:22 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

FireOnIce wrote:
spader wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:he will play for ottawa this year I think .... baby steps ....

What about getting a new coach?

I hope you're kidding. We finally have a coach that means it when he says he'll hold the players accountable. He brought success back to Ottawa after a brief stint of the opposite.

If he can pick up where he left off and LeClaire is what we all hope he is, this is a season to be excited about.

Just a question and sorry to change the thread topic for a brief moment, but what are you hoping for out of Leclaire? :KJK:

I'm hoping for a him to be healthy for the term of his contract, to post numbers similar to what he did in 07/08, and be the best player on several nights.

The biggest thing for me is that I don't get the sinking feeling in my stomach whenever there's an opposing scoring chance that I got from Lalime, Emery (toward the end), Gerber, and Elliot at times.

To clarify, I want Leclaire to provide stability.

23diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Just a question and sorry to change the thread topic for a brief moment, but what are you hoping for out of Leclaire? :KJK:

I'm hoping for a him to be healthy for the term of his contract, to post numbers similar to what he did in 07/08, and be the best player on several nights.

The biggest thing for me is that I don't get the sinking feeling in my stomach whenever there's an opposing scoring chance that I got from Lalime, Emery (toward the end), Gerber, and Elliot at times.

Uh oh. You took the bait. Get ready for a Notchified "Leclaire is guaranteed to get injured" rant. Facepalm

24diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:04 am

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Uh oh. You took the bait. Get ready for a Notchified "Leclaire is guaranteed to get injured" rant. Facepalm

"Notchified" :^^^^:

25diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The fans in Calgary were all over Heatley... to get autographs!

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/08/23/10578811.html

They love him cuz he dissed Edmonton.

Wink

26diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The fans in Calgary were all over Heatley... to get autographs!

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/08/23/10578811.html

They love him cuz he dissed Edmonton.

Wink

If that's really the reason (dissing the cross-province rival) then I'd be semi-OK with it from a non-serious point of view. However I doubt that's the case, and this makes me want to Puking2 .

Leftie Calgary "hockey" fans who want Sheatley's autograph. squirrel

His actions and the stated reasons are everything the game of hockey is against. Team Canada should trade him to Team Germany.

Nothing would make me happier than to see him miss the cut and not get the nod. Even if it means he's stinking it up in Ottawa and we end up getting next to nothing for him. We have some good players coming up and we will survive this.

On the other hand, if he's traded before camp starts, then it would simply be a bonus if he tanks and misses out.

27diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

He's not getting traded before camp (or I'll eat my hat)

28diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:He's not getting traded before camp (or I'll eat my hat)

Yarlmulke or Stetson?

29diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dean Brown's take on Heatley's "diminished" ice time:
http://deanbrownblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-diminished-role.html

He provides a list of good players with less ice time than Deedee (Disgruntled/Diminsihed Dany).

NHL Rank /Player/ TOI-GM
#32 Henrik Zetterberg 19:52
#33 Jordan Staal 19:50
#36 Jason Spezza 19:41
#37 Marc Savard 19:32
#40 Joe Thornton 19:27
#43 Alex Kovalev 19:25
#45 Alexander Semin 19:14
#46 Pavel Datsyuk 19:12
#60 Zach Parise 18:45

The two names of particular interest to me are Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
Both are integral players in Detroit. Both have won the Stanley Cup.
Both at times play on the first powerplay unit. Both at times play on
the second unit. Both at times kill penalties. They quietly do what the
coach asks them to do for the good of the team. Neither, to my
knowledge, has asked for a trade because they feel their role has been
diminished and their ice time is not in keeping with their status as
super stars.

30diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, no. Now they've got the shrinks involved:

A ‘contradictory’ message
Heatley lacked passion, conviction, speech analysts say
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/contradictory+message/1918390/story.html

31diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 am

Your hat is safe. :___:

32diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

We'll hold you to that! Smile

33diminished role - Page 2 Empty Re: diminished role Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:50 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Took the bait? All I did was clarify my position. Since my position is based on "hope", I won't worry about what ends up happening. If Leclaire does get injured, it neither defeats nor validates my hope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum