GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctor Clouston's Prescription

+4
caissie_1
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How Effective Is Clouston's Solution?

Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_lcap247%Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_rcap2 47% [ 7 ]
Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_lcap20%Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_lcap240%Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_lcap20%Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_lcap27%Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_lcap26%Doctor Clouston's Prescription Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:52 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cory Clouston is a clever man.

In just four games, he has shown that he knows how to control a difficult hockey team. Carefully measuring his words, and applying a prescription of hard practices and structured play, he has trimmed the fat from the Senators' game.

2-1-1 is a more than respectable result so far.

As Mike Eastwood and I discussed on the post game call in on Team 1200 last night, Clouston also understands that ice time is a reward and not a right.

Will 'Doctor Cory' continue to be successful with his 'prescription', and will the Sens continue to take their 'medicine'?

Here's what Allen Panzeri writes in this morning's Citizen:

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Maybe interim coach Cory Clouston has found a way to get the Ottawa Senators to listen.

The Senators beat the Buffalo Sabres 3-1 on Wednesday night, marking just the sixth time this season the team has won consecutive games.

They'll have a chance to record their first three-game win streak of the season on Thursday night when they face the Philadelphia Flyers.

"Obviously we're feeling confident," Clouston said. "The guys are getting results, and things are coming well. Every day is getting a little bit better. We're going to have our ups and downs. Not everything is going to go our way, but what we've done in the last week has created a foundation that we can fall back on.
"I thought this game was a great indication of the character in this room. I know it has been questioned, but the guys just stuck with it (Wednesday night)."

More here, both in the original Canwest wire service version and the revised morning Citizen version:

http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=c51f17b5-2629-4584-a251-65553868cf15&add_feed_url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.faceoff.com%2ftopstories.atom

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Close+shave+Senators/1281385/story.html

2Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted too early to tell. It's seemingly moving in the right direction but to be honest I think we need about 20 games to get a real sense of how Clouston will do and in turn if he's worth keeping around.

- Unknown Author

3Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:38 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Personally I think he's just what the doctor ordered for this team. I love him already. I'm thinking more and more that this is not a fluke. I still think we're going to get a good pick no matter what happens from here on out, and I'm not one to have a loser mentality in wanting to lose to get a higher pick. Let the guys play and get their games back. Whoever we get in the draft will be good no matter what. Keep up the good work boys!!

4Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:00 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO Cory Clouston knows he has a shot a becoming a full time NHL coach either next year or within the next few years. He is going to make the most of it.

ANY progress he makes with the Senators looks good on his resume.

:pirat:

5Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I think he is our guy. He has handle this situation perfectly so far. He dosnt let the players run the team. He decide, he's up tempo and it's working. It could be to early to tell but as of rigth now he's doing a great job.

6Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Clouston's Prescription:

Take two doses of Metal and call me in the morning.

7Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

So will Dany take his 'medicine'?

8Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:So will Dany take his 'medicine'?

His medicine will be delivered in suppository form from the local media.

9Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted too early to tell, but that's just to be sure I and other fans can get a clear, and bigger picture of his fingersprints on this squad. But, I must say, his tactics, the way he's making them EARN their ice time and work them hard during practice is certainly a great f**kin' start!!

Speaking of ice time, how much did Heatley log last night? a little over 9mins? I wonder if Heatley is hearing Clouston...

10Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 am

I picked Great. Reason being that right now he has turned around the team (granted in a short period) faster than anyone thought he would. Anyone who says that they thought the team was going to respond quickly to this rookie coach is a fib teller.

I personally was critical of the hire but I am becoming a believer. If the team is still responding 2 or three weeks from now then he is the man. I am becoming a fan of this guy.

11Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was very critical as well at first Murder, but it was more because I had no idea of who this guy was - and I didn't want another minor league coach.

He's turned my head big time. He'll need to stick to his style and never waiver, no matter what whining he hears from the 'stars'.

12Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:I voted too early to tell, but that's just to be sure I and other fans can get a clear, and bigger picture of his fingersprints on this squad. But, I must say, his tactics, the way he's making them EARN their ice time and work them hard during practice is certainly a great f**kin' start!!

Speaking of ice time, how much did Heatley log last night? a little over 9mins? I wonder if Heatley is hearing Clouston...

Well, to be fair, Heatley doesn't play on the PK and there was a lot of that.

Funny, though, that at one point in the game Heatley had less ice time than Smith, who was cooling his heels for 16 minutes. I don't think he ended up catching him either.

13Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Doctor Clouston is very precise in his diagnosis, very decisive in the way he dispenses his prescriptions, and very subtle in the way he sends his messages.

Mister Heatley was probably feeling rather warm under the collar as he was cooling his heels...
Wink

14Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I am still optimistic that we have yet to see the Full effect of Clouston on this squad. That being said, what I've personally witnessed thus far is anything short of promising, and I can't wait to see what they do next.

15Doctor Clouston's Prescription Empty Re: Doctor Clouston's Prescription Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heatley had 12.44 of icetime, I believe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum