GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 10th, 2009

+12
asq2
jamvan
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
PKC
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Heatley with 1 shot on net... wow. Spezza had 4, Alfie had 5.

And yet people want the younger, cheaper, centre-playing, Spezza gone.
Brad May had 3 shots tonight for the Leafs...

Know what else is depressing?

With the hattrick tonight, the 18-year-old Filatov's totals in 6 games would put him tied for 7th in goal-scoring on our team.

Happy with Elliott, played a solid game. That 2nd goal should be stopped, but like it matters, hopefully he can shake that off.

Thats exactly how I thought the game would go, like I said, it doesnt matter who the hell is in between the pipes.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Our depth might be the worst in organizational history since the inaugural season.

asq2 wrote:Our depth might be the worst in organizational history since the inaugural season.

That right there is the reason you blow it up. Muckler traded away everything, and drafted Russians, and now its killing us!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

On a positive note, Peter Regin had 3 assists for Bingo tonight.

That's I believe 5 in his last 2 games and 18 points now in 26 games, which is a good number considering his injury and adjusting to the North American game.

I think he should get a look at some point as well. If Elliott is the goalie of the future, then Regin and O'Brien will battle it out for 2nd line C of the future.

asq2 wrote:On a positive note, Peter Regin had 3 assists for Bingo tonight.

That's I believe 5 in his last 2 games and 18 points now in 26 games, which is a good number considering his injury and adjusting to the North American game.

I think he should get a look at some point as well. If Elliott is the goalie of the future, then Regin and O'Brien will battle it out for 2nd line C of the future.

I think O'Brien will be a winger, and Smith will battle for that position as well.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Has O'Brien ever played Wing? I've only known him as a centre or defenceman.

He played C for the US.

I dont think so, but he has size and speed with a great shot, screams wing to me, thats where I think he will be when he becomes a pro.

Sounds like Elliott was good tonight. As were a few others. Am I reading this right? 1 shot for HEatley? Brutal. This guy seems me be mailing these in. Convince him to waive for his buddy Nash and ship him to Columbus for a 1st, Filatov and Russell.

I cannot believe that I (and others) have done a 180 basically. I want Heatley dealt (not just for his play alone) more than Spezza now. Congrats Heatley, you've claimed Spezza's crown as whipping boy. No easy feat either.

Keep the status quo for another month. By then we ought to be firmly in a bottom 2-3 position, then start the bidding wars. Then we can really see what kids like Z. Smith and Regin can do with callups. At least that might give us something optimistic to talk about.

If we thought there was alot of turnover this past season, I'd say this team will be even more so next season. That could include the coach and GM, although I'd like to see them retained, because clearly this is a player problem.

hemlock wrote:Sounds like Elliott was good tonight. As were a few others. Am I reading this right? 1 shot for HEatley? Brutal. This guy seems me be mailing these in. Convince him to waive for his buddy Nash and ship him to Columbus for a 1st, Filatov and Russell.

I cannot believe that I (and others) have done a 180 basically. I want Heatley dealt (not just for his play alone) more than Spezza now. Congrats Heatley, you've claimed Spezza's crown as whipping boy. No easy feat either.

Keep the status quo for another month. By then we ought to be firmly in a bottom 2-3 position, then start the bidding wars. Then we can really see what kids like Z. Smith and Regin can do with callups. At least that might give us something optimistic to talk about.

If we thought there was alot of turnover this past season, I'd say this team will be even more so next season. That could include the coach and GM, although I'd like to see them retained, because clearly this is a player problem.

Yup, I hate myself for disliking another player more than Spezza, didnt think it could be done. Spezza is actually trying, Heatley is just standing there waiting for something to happen.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Just got back from the game. Good game by Elliott. SBP was pretty quite tonight. I think the crowd cheered the most before the beginning of the game when they did a video montage of the World Juniors and then congratulated them on winning the gold. After the second period, the crowd was not into the game and you could have heard a pin drop. Hartsburg even sunk his face in his hands during a Picard give away. I felt that the top 3 had a bad game tonight. The best players on the ie were Foligno, Winchester, and Vermette, even he was able to finish his hits. Maybe Corvo will be able to get another hat trick on Tuesday.

Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:Sounds like Elliott was good tonight. As were a few others. Am I reading this right? 1 shot for HEatley? Brutal. This guy seems me be mailing these in. Convince him to waive for his buddy Nash and ship him to Columbus for a 1st, Filatov and Russell.

Yup, I hate myself for disliking another player more than Spezza, didnt think it could be done. Spezza is actually trying, Heatley is just standing there waiting for something to happen.

I bet Heatley waives too. Despite the turnaround in his personal life after coming here, this isn't the same as Redden playing here for a decade. I think if a deal is found with a team he likes, he would waive. I don't think he's got roots in Ottawa that would prevent him from waiving.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:

Spezza might be trying but he needs to get himself some new moves cause the other teams have caught on. Everytime the team is coming out of their end they always pass it to Spezza. You can see the other team immediately head towards Spezza knowing he is going to be getting the puck.

ElliottRules wrote:Just got back from the game. Good game by Elliott. SBP was pretty quite tonight. I think the crowd cheered the most before the beginning of the game when they did a video montage of the World Juniors and then congratulated them on winning the gold. After the second period, the crowd was not into the game and you could have heard a pin drop. Hartsburg even sunk his face in his hands during a Picard give away. I felt that the top 3 had a bad game tonight. The best players on the ie were Foligno, Winchester, and Vermette, even he was able to finish his hits. Maybe Corvo will be able to get another hat trick on Tuesday.

I envision Hartsburg on the bench pulling his tie over his head in noose like fashion. It must get hard to wake up and come to the rink knowing that the team is basically uncoachable (well certain portions of it), and having to worry about his job. After failed stints in Chicago and Anaheim, you have to wonder if a firing in Ottawa after a year or less would pretty well seal his fate and an NHL coach in the future. Shame too, he's a good hockey guy, and he's great with the kids.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I just got back from the game. The seats weren't too close to the ice. On most nights, that is a drawback. Not tonight.

Here are some of the highlights (lowlights):
1. Elliott was good. Not great, but he looked solid. He was certainly no worse than Auld or Gerber have been. In truth, the Rangers weren't very impressive.
2. Heatley, more than anyone else, looks lost. Fisher is a close second.
3. Spezza had a decent night. Not great, but he and Alfie were at least showing something in the offensive zone. Vermette and Kelly contained the puck well, but generated nothing.
4. This team is not playing with any determination or energy. In other words, they look like a team begging to be broken up. A coaching change is now necessary.
5. Chants of 'we want Tavares' were replaced by chants of 'we're getting Tavares' after the second goal.
6. Crowd was dead.
7. A few cheers at the healthy scratch of Gerber.

The highlight was a groom-to-be was shown on the screen in one of those tight pink jerseys. Classic.

ElliottRules wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Spezza might be trying but he needs to get himself some new moves cause the other teams have caught on. Everytime the team is coming out of their end they always pass it to Spezza. You can see the other team immediately head towards Spezza knowing he is going to be getting the puck.

What??? The fake slapper stills works the odd time. :lol!:

ElliottRules wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I agree man, but the fact of the matter is he is trying right now, and Heatley is just gawd awful. I hope he has asked to be traded in all seriousness. It is not fun at all watching the Sens, the games suck, the crowds suck (rightfully so), and its depressing.

Heatley is the 1st guy to ship out of here, no doubt in my mind. He may be a better player, he made me all world, but he doesnt give a sh it, and that cannot be allowed.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:Just got back from the game. Good game by Elliott. SBP was pretty quite tonight. I think the crowd cheered the most before the beginning of the game when they did a video montage of the World Juniors and then congratulated them on winning the gold. After the second period, the crowd was not into the game and you could have heard a pin drop. Hartsburg even sunk his face in his hands during a Picard give away. I felt that the top 3 had a bad game tonight. The best players on the ie were Foligno, Winchester, and Vermette, even he was able to finish his hits. Maybe Corvo will be able to get another hat trick on Tuesday.

I envision Hartsburg on the bench pulling his tie over his head in noose like fashion. It must get hard to wake up and come to the rink knowing that the team is basically uncoachable (well certain portions of it), and having to worry about his job. After failed stints in Chicago and Anaheim, you have to wonder if a firing in Ottawa after a year or less would pretty well seal his fate and an NHL coach in the future. Shame too, he's a good hockey guy, and he's great with the kids.

Maybe that's what he is. A good junior coach. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I think he is a bad NHL coach.

In pro football, recent years have shown great college coaches go the NFL and be disasters. It doesn't mean that they are not good coaches, they just can't handle that level.

I think Hartsburg is a good hockey man, but I think that it is crystal clear that he is not the coach for this team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum