GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 10th, 2009

+12
asq2
jamvan
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
PKC
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:This is all extremely odd that we would bring up Elliott to a team that hasn't exactly made life easy for its goaltenders. I sincerely wonder what the motive behind all of this is.
Yeah, you think you'd want to shelter Elliott from this mess... perhaps it's more of a kick in the arse for Gerber and Auld? More "sending a message" fluff?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
PKC wrote:This is all extremely odd that we would bring up Elliott to a team that hasn't exactly made life easy for its goaltenders. I sincerely wonder what the motive behind all of this is.

It is odd unless there is an injury to Gerber or Auld. I can't help but wonder if a trade is imminent, or if we are just going to waive Gerber.
Waive the goalie that got us our only win on the road trip?

Wink

Sigh...

The reason is simple, our goaltending has been putrid lately and Murray/Hartsburg still want to win.

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

It is odd unless there is an injury to Gerber or Auld. I can't help but wonder if a trade is imminent, or if we are just going to waive Gerber.
Waive the goalie that got us our only win on the road trip?

Wink

Sigh...

Punishment for earning us that 2 points :D

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Great plan Murray! The whole team is struggling and we are bringing up one of the few bright spots(Elliot) within in the organization to subject this poor kid to this train wreck. Why not wreck another goaltender's confidence?

Sens4thecup wrote:Great plan Murray! The whole team is struggling and we are bringing up one of the few bright spots(Elliot) within in the organization to subject this poor kid to this train wreck. Why not wreck another goaltender's confidence?

Do we have another one to wreck? Glass is already a gongshow in Bingo as is.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:
Sens4thecup wrote:Great plan Murray! The whole team is struggling and we are bringing up one of the few bright spots(Elliot) within in the organization to subject this poor kid to this train wreck. Why not wreck another goaltender's confidence?

Do we have another one to wreck? Glass is already a gongshow in Bingo as is.

He is. When I was down in Bingo I spoke with some of the fans and they think Glass is awful. They say that whenever he is in goal, they expect to lose. Pretty sad but true.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Jeff Glass is to Binghamton what Martin Gerber is to Ottawa. Hahaha, this organization is soo Diddle unless we get a damn good draft pick this year....or several.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, take away the two giveaways Thursday night and we have not been giving up a lot of shots. Our GAA is still respectable but our SV% has been going A-OO-GA lately.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Jeff Glass is to Binghamton what Martin Gerber is to Ottawa. Hahaha, this organization is soo Diddle unless we get a damn good draft pick this year....or several.

Maybe they'll waive Glass and replace him with Gerber. It would be an upgrade Smile

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping to see it here in Brampton, I don't think I have ever had issues trying to watch any CBC channel in different areas, but on CBC-O they had the Leaf game not the Sens game, but CBC-H and CBC-A have the Sens game. Here's hoping I can watch it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DashRiprock wrote:I'm hoping to see it here in Brampton, I don't think I have ever had issues trying to watch any CBC channel in different areas, but on CBC-O they had the Leaf game not the Sens game, but CBC-H and CBC-A have the Sens game. Here's hoping I can watch it.
You'll need NHL CI to watch in Brampton if you're on Rogers.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott confirmed to start.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Auld to backup.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote: And we'll still miss the playoffs unless Elliott comes in and pitches 15 shootouts in the next 43 games, and the forwards manage to "win" him another 15 games by scoring a few.

15 shootouts eh? Wink

- Unknown Author

Good to see Elliott get the shot up here, he has earned it. He may not stick very long and this could be a way of awarding the kids down in Bingo to keep up the hard work. Cranker got a game against Boston as reward, this is prob the same.

He could very well go back down after tonight to play in the skills compitition and all-star game, and just continue his season in Bingo. I hope he has a good showing.

This is probably more of a message to the Sens locker room and a way to shake things up because they cant make a trade right now.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

We'll take 15 shootouts - at least the Sens get points in 15 games Smile Smile

Brian Elliott is Craig Hartsburg's poker equivalent to all-in. The players haven't played for him, his "system" hasn't produced any offence. If Elliott sparks the team, Gerber will in retrospect receive the sole blame, which is ridiculous.

I do like the callup and I think it could turn things around.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Elliott confirmed to start.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Auld to backup.

Where does that leave Gerber? What is Murray waiting for?

BTW, I think we'll beat the Rangers tonight. That's just what everyone needs to ensure that management can keep doing nothing.

Goodie Wilson will observe that winning tonight is a sign of good things to come. Oh, and he'll try to convince us that Mike Fisher is earning his money in "other ways than scoring".

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I'm hoping to see it here in Brampton, I don't think I have ever had issues trying to watch any CBC channel in different areas, but on CBC-O they had the Leaf game not the Sens game, but CBC-H and CBC-A have the Sens game. Here's hoping I can watch it.
You'll need NHL CI to watch in Brampton if you're on Rogers.

Nope, I'm Bell, so hopefully I can see it on CBC in one of the areas that says they are showing it. If not, I will be furious with Bell. Afterall, they once told me I wasn't able to watch a blacked out game cause I was considered to be in Sens Territory, thus the NHL expected me to go to the game... doesn't explain how people in Ottawa can see the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum