GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 10th, 2009

+12
asq2
jamvan
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
PKC
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

BigRig77 wrote:from the Ottawa Sun and Booboo...

"A team that would love Spezza is Columbus. The word is Ken Wang believes he can transform the struggling centre into the next Steve Yzerman. Wang worked with Spezza at the world championship in Quebec City last spring ... Speaking of the Jackets, they're trying to move D Rostislav Klesla. No takers ... Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford can't give away D Frantisek Kaberle. "

If he thinks he can turn him into the Next Stevie Y....maybe HE should come coach the SENS! I don't doubt he's serious and the sad thing is...I can see it happening.

K so Wang wants Spezza...we'll take Nash thank you very much!

If they really want him, does that mean that they wold be willing to give up Nash?Maybe?

how about

to Columbus:
Spezza (7)
Vermette (2.75)
Schubert (1)
Gerber (3.7)
~14.5M

to Ottawa:
Nash (5.4)
Modin (3)
Leclaire (3.8) (not a huge fan but I see it could happen)
~12.2M

Again, who knows if they want Spezza that much but I would still love this trade.

If we are dealing with Columbus, I'd rather deal Heatley. With the way he performed with Nash, I doubt it's a hard sell. I think getting Filatov, Russell and a 1st isn't unreasonable.

Leclaire worries me injury wise too. I think we have all but decided to go with Elliott going forward anyway, barring someone gifting us a top notch starter for next to nothing. I'd be comfortable with Auld/Elliott next year. If we trade one of the core, plus guys like Vermette, Neil, and Kuba for youth, I doubt we compete for a playoff spot anyway. The plus here is that we'd get a solid player in 2010, which by all accounts should be a nice draft as well.

BigRig

Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:from the Ottawa Sun and Booboo...

"A team that would love Spezza is Columbus. The word is Ken Wang believes he can transform the struggling centre into the next Steve Yzerman. Wang worked with Spezza at the world championship in Quebec City last spring ... Speaking of the Jackets, they're trying to move D Rostislav Klesla. No takers ... Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford can't give away D Frantisek Kaberle. "

If he thinks he can turn him into the Next Stevie Y....maybe HE should come coach the SENS! I don't doubt he's serious and the sad thing is...I can see it happening.

K so Wang wants Spezza...we'll take Nash thank you very much!

If they really want him, does that mean that they wold be willing to give up Nash?Maybe?

how about

to Columbus:
Spezza (7)
Vermette (2.75)
Schubert (1)
Gerber (3.7)
~14.5M

to Ottawa:
Nash (5.4)
Modin (3)
Leclaire (3.8) (not a huge fan but I see it could happen)
~12.2M

Again, who knows if they want Spezza that much but I would still love this trade.

If we are dealing with Columbus, I'd rather deal Heatley. With the way he performed with Nash, I doubt it's a hard sell. I think getting Filatov, Russell and a 1st isn't unreasonable.

Leclaire worries me injury wise too. I think we have all but decided to go with Elliott going forward anyway, barring someone gifting us a top notch starter for next to nothing. I'd be comfortable with Auld/Elliott next year. If we trade one of the core, plus guys like Vermette, Neil, and Kuba for youth, I doubt we compete for a playoff spot anyway. The plus here is that we'd get a solid player in 2010, which by all accounts should be a nice draft as well.

I see your point buuuut...Why not have that Nash-Heatley reunion on OUR team??

as for goalies....going with Elliott and Auld next could work provide we upgrade our D.

The Sun is also reporting that the Oilers are very interested in Fisher, but that the Sens want to keep him. Why????

Fisher is overpaid for what he is bringing at the moment. If he consented to be moved, I'd be pulling the trigger, if for no other reason than cap relief. I also think he could fetch a nice return. Perhaps a first or nice prospect. That would give us alot more wiggle room. I wonder how Ms. Underwood likes Edmonton???

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:I wonder how Ms. Underwood likes Edmonton???
Probably about as much as Mrs. Pronger.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If Edmonton wants Fisher, they can have him. We can't afford him.

Not interested in dealing Spezza to Columbus right now. I'd much rather deal Heatley. People are frustrated with #15, so I'm surprised to see them ask for Tavares because he's essentially the same player, only a centre.

I'll still take Hedman and then hope for a Hall, Pulkkinen, Granlund, Kabanov or perhaps McFarland at next year's draft. The only top defenceman is Fowler.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

But if dealing those two players bring us in a few #1 picks and prospects....why not?

Even if it doesnt bring us some number 1 picks, it still allows this team to re-tool and rebuild. Some prospects would be nice for sure, and if we can get rid of Fisher and his contract, thats a great start. Send Neil along with him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sens4thecup wrote:But if dealing those two players bring us in a few #1 picks and prospects....why not?

Because it's highly unlikely that your average 1st round pick will turn into Spezza.

He's not really a dime a dozen guy. At 25, it'd be smarter to keep him IMO.

Heatley's 27, though. And I'm not sure we can afford both contracts long-term if we get guys like Hedman, Hall etc.

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:I wonder how Ms. Underwood likes Edmonton???
Probably about as much as Mrs. Pronger.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Puking2

Is Fisher prone to sleeping with reporters or other general slutiness?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It hurts so much...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum