GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 10th, 2009

+12
asq2
jamvan
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
PKC
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

We'll take 15 shootouts - at least the Sens get points in 15 games Smile Smile

Brian Elliott is Craig Hartsburg's poker equivalent to all-in. The players haven't played for him, his "system" hasn't produced any offence. If Elliott sparks the team, Gerber will in retrospect receive the sole blame, which is ridiculous.

I do like the callup and I think it could turn things around.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Elliott confirmed to start.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Auld to backup.

Where does that leave Gerber? What is Murray waiting for?

BTW, I think we'll beat the Rangers tonight. That's just what everyone needs to ensure that management can keep doing nothing.

Goodie Wilson will observe that winning tonight is a sign of good things to come. Oh, and he'll try to convince us that Mike Fisher is earning his money in "other ways than scoring".

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I'm hoping to see it here in Brampton, I don't think I have ever had issues trying to watch any CBC channel in different areas, but on CBC-O they had the Leaf game not the Sens game, but CBC-H and CBC-A have the Sens game. Here's hoping I can watch it.
You'll need NHL CI to watch in Brampton if you're on Rogers.

Nope, I'm Bell, so hopefully I can see it on CBC in one of the areas that says they are showing it. If not, I will be furious with Bell. Afterall, they once told me I wasn't able to watch a blacked out game cause I was considered to be in Sens Territory, thus the NHL expected me to go to the game... doesn't explain how people in Ottawa can see the game.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Auld to backup.

BTW, I think we'll beat the Rangers tonight. That's just what everyone needs to ensure that management can keep doing nothing.

Goodie Wilson will observe that winning tonight is a sign of good things to come. Oh, and he'll try to convince us that Mike Fisher is earning his money in "other ways than scoring".

LOL. Perhaps waiting for Elliott to play a few games first?

Let's not get impatient here. Elliott has to earn his playing time up here, and it's going to take time for him to earn it -- if he can. Once he's done that, *then* we can talk about finally getting rid of Gerber.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:
PKC wrote:This is all extremely odd that we would bring up Elliott to a team that hasn't exactly made life easy for its goaltenders. I sincerely wonder what the motive behind all of this is.

It is odd unless there is an injury to Gerber or Auld. I can't help but wonder if a trade is imminent, or if we are just going to waive Gerber.
Waive the goalie that got us our only win on the road trip?

Wink

Sigh...

Punishment for earning us that 2 points :D
That and he absolutely sucks. In 3 years how many bright spots has Gerber had here? Not too many. Just like he said, he made the easiest $10 million dollars in his life. Waive him now and good riddance. A grown man with so many confidence issues...take off baby la la!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Auld to backup.

LOL. Perhaps waiting for Elliott to play a few games first?

Let's not get impatient here. Elliott has to earn his playing time up here, and it's going to take time for him to earn it -- if he can. Once he's done that, *then* we can talk about finally getting rid of Gerber.
Good take RP, bu trest assured if ELliott pulls off teh win the media and wagoneers will be sculpting his thrown tomorrow. Just watch!!

I do have a feeling about tonight though. I think Fisher finally scores and Elliott gets the win in super hero fashion. Star of the game will be....Spezza!!!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie probably didn't mean this the way I interpreted it, but his quote about Elliott absolutely cracked me up:

"He's a little different from the other guys. I had trouble scoring on him today."

Probably not the best two sentences to juxtapose.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Alfie probably didn't mean this the way I interpreted it, but his quote about Elliott absolutely cracked me up:

"He's a little different from the other guys. I had trouble scoring on him today."

Probably not the best two sentences to juxtapose.
I'm sure he meant it in the way you are taking it, but he's being professional. Let's be honest; despite the holes in our offence and defence, not much good can be said about the goaltending.

Alfie though, has to have a big game after the gaf the other night. Mu guesses are he does. I honestly think were in for a treat tonight with our team, something we haven't been accustomed to this year.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DashRiprock wrote:
shabbs wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I'm hoping to see it here in Brampton, I don't think I have ever had issues trying to watch any CBC channel in different areas, but on CBC-O they had the Leaf game not the Sens game, but CBC-H and CBC-A have the Sens game. Here's hoping I can watch it.

Nope, I'm Bell, so hopefully I can see it on CBC in one of the areas that says they are showing it. If not, I will be furious with Bell. Afterall, they once told me I wasn't able to watch a blacked out game cause I was considered to be in Sens Territory, thus the NHL expected me to go to the game... doesn't explain how people in Ottawa can see the game.
So what's the word?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Sens are buzzing in the Rangers zone right now.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I've seen a couple of should-be penalty calls against the Rangers now that haven't been called.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I can't believe my eyes, Spezza is hustling on every play he is making.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

What a fluky goal that was.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Was anyone going to help Elliott on that goal??? Smith was just standing around, foligno and fisher were both behind the players doing nothing but taking up space... what a joke

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Isn't the "Local blackout" due to the Leafs? The blackout is in their region. Or at least that's what I thought.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction (dirtyno wrote:Was anyone going to help Elliott on that goal??? Smith was just standing around, foligno and fisher were both behind the players doing nothing but taking up space... what a joke
I missed the goal, but Elliott has been looking good so far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Both TVs are used so I can only follow the Game Summary. 2-man advantage and we still can't find a way to score. Are we making Lundwvist look good or is he really stoning us?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Both TVs are used so I can only follow the Game Summary. 2-man advantage and we still can't find a way to score. Are we making Lundwvist look good or is he really stoning us?
CBC is streaming it...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/

There have been a few gold opptys by the Sens but we've put it wide or over the net. We're making Lundqvist look real good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum