GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers :: 7:00pm ET :: Sat. Apr. 5th, 2014

+9
Sens Sensei Says:
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Hoags
sandysensfan
wprager
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, after last night's Dung performance, the Sens are right back at it. Two good things: I assume we'll see Lehner and it's not an afternoon game. What a mess last night. Hopefully there's a nice bounce back effort today to salvage some pride.

GO SENS GO!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They have been great in the afternoon games since the break... either way Lehner should get this start and every single one after it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo: #Sens aren't skating today. No injury updates until 4:45

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:BooBoo: #Sens aren't skating today. No injury updates until 4:45

When was the last time they did actually skate?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. Too true.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Well, after last night's Dung performance, the Sens are right back at it. Two good things: I assume we'll see Lehner and it's not an afternoon game. What a mess last night. Hopefully there's a nice bounce back effort today to salvage some pride.

GO SENS GO!!!

Nice to see young Lerner finally get a shot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rock bottom yet?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wait till next Sat,

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Wait till next Sat,

Yeah, if the Leafs are a point out and the Sens don't put the boot to them. Hell, if the Leafs come out on the ice and the Sens don't put a boot to them.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wait till next Sat,

Yeah, if the Leafs are a point out and the Sens don't put the boot to them.  Hell, if the Leafs come out on the ice and the Sens don't put a boot to them.

I hope the Leafs are out of it by next Sat.. That is their last regular season game.. The Sens would have one left.. Pitts..

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I hope MacLean doesn't get let go at the airport after the Pitt game .... this franchise would be becoming a bad joke.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I hope MacLean doesn't get let go at the airport after the Pitt game .... this franchise would be becoming a bad joke.

If they fire MacLean because of 1 bad season after two good ones.. and after the GM & Owner let the franchise player walk... then Murray had better be out of the door behind him...

McLean is a good coach.. Yeah there has been some questionable decisions this year... but if your players aren't doing their job... what else can he do?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
If they fire MacLean because of 1 bad season after two good ones.. and after the GM & Owner let the franchise player walk... then Murray had better be out of the door behind him...

McLean is a good coach.. Yeah there has been some questionable decisions this year... but if your players aren't doing their job...  what else can he do?

We don't know the reasons for his decisions, so it's hard to judge.

Chris Neil is out there in the last minute on a PP when we need to score a goal to tie the game.  Why? Presumably because no other player is willing to crash the crease.  Maybe we had a legit power forward who could do that ....

The coach has a strategy to execute and does it with the roster he has as best as he can

Questionable decisions perhaps but a questionable roster. What do you do when:

- half your defence is inexperienced and commits constant brain farts every game and your few veteran D are largely disappointing
- your #1 goalie is a sieve who gave up on the team months ago
- your captain and "#1 centre" is -26 and only plays in one zone on the ice
- one of your other best wingers is -25 and his knee is held together with duct tape
- your best winger was injured back in the fall

But hey it's the coach's fault?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lundqvist confirmed.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/rangers_can_clinch_playoff_berth_with_win_no_surprise_but_mcdonagh_not_available_tonight/

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And no McDonagh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum