GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009

+19
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
The Silfer Server
Sens19
Vandelay
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Sp00nz
beerandsens
PTFlea
SensFan71
LeCaptain
wprager
spader
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009

The Sens kick off the 2009/10 NHL regular season with a visit to the New York Rangers at Madison Square Gardens. After a tumultous summer with the Heatley situation taking center stage, the Sens can finally put it all behind themselves and look forward to a promising season with their summer acquisitions. With most people writing the Sens off expectations are low and this could be the perfect chance for them to show the rest of the NHL they are ready to put the last two seasons into the history books. Lots of new faces look to make some great first impressions tonight and spoil the home opener for the Rangers.

Game Coverage:
- TV: CBC, MSG (HD)
- Radio: Team 1200
- Internet: cbc.ca and http://www.atdhe.net/

TSN's Ice Chips

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Ottawa Senators Update:

Jesse Winchester (knee injury) is out for three weeks and is expected to return around October 11. He did skate after practice for the first time since suffering the injury on September 18. Mike Fisher has been named alternate captain. It's the first time he's worn a letter on a full-time basis on any team. He has worn the 'A' at various times in Ottawa when there have been injuries. - TSN

Christoph Schubert was claimed by the Atlanta Thrashers off Re-Entry Waivers Friday. - TSN

Practice Lines

Forwards:
Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Kovalev - Regin - Fisher
Foligno - Shannon - Cheechoo
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Donovan

Defencemen:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner
Picard

Goaltenders:
Leclaire
Elliott

New York Ranger Update:

Sean Avery (sprained right knee) skated Wednesday, but he is doubtful for Friday's opener versus the Penguins. - Bergen Record

Rangers Lines:

Vinny Prospal – Brandon Dubinsky – Marian GaborĂ­k
Chris Higgins – Chris Drury (C) – Ryan Callahan (A)
Enver Lisin – Artem Anisimov – Ales Kotalik
Donald Brashear – Brian Boyle – Aaron Voros

Marc Staal – Matt Gilroy
Michal Rozsival – Wade Redden
Michael Del Zotto – Dan Girardi

Henrik Lundqvist
Steve Valiquette

OttawaSenators.com Game Day Preview:

Source: http://senators.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2009020014

Ottawa Citizen Game Day Preview:

Source: http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/10/03/gameday-preview-senators-at-rangers-on-oct-3-2009.aspx

ESPN Game Day Preview:

Source: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=291003013

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

You have no idea how much I've missed these threads.

BRING IT ON BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About Diddling time!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Predictions anyone? I'm going with 3-1 Sens, Shannon, Spezza and Campoli scoring for the Sens.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I believe Avery will be a no-show for tonight.

Good job Shabbs. I have a case of Steam Whistle at the ready and I am about to set the PVR. This b!tch better be in HD!!!

BRING IT ON, I am psyched for this new season with a real different lineup. Cautiously optomistic.

9 hours is still too long. Really looking forward to see what this team looks like all together.

Shannon with the winner and Lecaire pitches a 1 goal effort.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MurderOnIce wrote:Good job Shabbs. I have a case of Steam Whistle at the ready and I am about to set the PVR. This b!tch better be in HD!!!

BRING IT ON, I am psyched for this new season with a real different lineup. Cautiously optomistic.
I doubt it will be in HD... the CBC HD game will be the Leafs/Caps game. This one is on NHL CI for those outside of the Ottawa broadcast area.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is it in HD though? From the first post it looks like it's HD on MSG network, not CBC. If CBC would rather roll their own crappy SD truck rather than paying a little to use MSG's feed they are idiots. They'd save money and deliver a better product (yes, at the expense of some personnel who would not be getting paid double overtime to work weekends -- i.e. more money saved).

Anyhow, keeping fingers crossed but something tells me it'll be SD -- now will it be widescreen or 4:3 pillar-boxed and letter-boxed on the HD channel?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, zap2it says the game's on in HD on Rogers.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!! YAHOO!!!!

wprager wrote:Well, zap2it says the game's on in HD on Rogers.

True HD? Or on the HD channel sh!ttily upgraded...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 13980 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 50327 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 472966 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 807786 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 929896

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CBC is covering Leafs, Sens and Habs games tonight so I guess it depends where they are sending their trucks. They never pick up an alternate feed, never.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

whoo hoo, game on, got my Spezza jersey ready for game time, so ready that I am here wearing it at work, let's smack down the Rangers, Leclaire gets a shutout, Fish scores 2 and the Regin/Fish/AK27 line dominates all night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum