GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators :: 2:00pm ET :: Sat. Jan. 18th, 2014

+7
PTFlea
Ev
Vandelay
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's Sens Game Day! And it's Hockey Day in Canada! Sens have that dreaded 2:00pm start today. Time to kill that monkey!

It's Talbot vs Anderson in net. No other changes were apparent at practice, but Neil was on the ice before the main group. Not sure sure if he'll be in the lineup, but I doubt it.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Talbot, hmm. Don't know anything about him. Stats are pretty good (.938, 1.66) but we all know he's playing behind The King so his starts are cherry picked.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Both teams remarkably injury free -- Neil out for the Sens, Dorsett out for the Rangers (more serious, though, a broken fibula).

NHL.com Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020723

RANGERS (25-21-3) at SENATORS (21-18-9)

TV: CBC, NHLN-US, MSG, TVA

Last 10: New York 7-2-1; Ottawa 7-1-2

Season series: This is the first of three games between the New York Rangers and the Ottawa Senators. Ottawa won all three games last season and has won five in a row during the regular season.

Big story: Each team has seven wins in its past 10 games. The Rangers are looking for their fifth win in their past six road games. The Senators have recorded a point in eight straight games (6-0-2) and haven't lost back-to-back games since Dec. 19 and 21.

Team Scope:

Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist was outstanding in the Rangers' 1-0 win against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday, making 38 saves to earn his third shutout of the season. He has allowed seven goals in five games and owns a .957 save percentage during that span.

"We've come to expect that form Hanky. It seems like he's doing that every night for us, and again tonight you had two good goalies going at it and it looked like whoever scored first was going to get the win and it happened to be us," Ryan Callahan said after the win.

Despite how well Lundqvist played and his 8-4-1 mark with a 1.73 goals-against average in 14 career games at Ottawa, Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said after practice Friday that Cam Talbot will get the start.

"Hank's the guy. The schedule being what it is, the demands of it, we are playing back-to-back, [Saturday's'] an afternoon game, I'm going to go with Cam," Vigneault said. "Every time we've asked him to play, he's played real well for us."

Talbot, who hasn't started since Jan. 4, is 9-3-0 with a 1.66 GAA and .938 save percentage. Lundqvist will likely get the start Sunday night against the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.

Senators: The game against the Rangers ends a two-game homestand; the Senators start a four-game trip next week and face only one non-conference opponent before the Olympic break.

"All the games we play right now seem to be against all the teams we're lumped in there with," coach Paul MacLean told the media after practice Friday. "Every game that's played heading into the Olympic break, everybody has a real focus on this stretch of games of getting yourself in a position so after the Olympic break you either have something to play for or you don't have something to play for. It's going to be way harder after the Olympic break to get yourself into a good position."

MacLean said Craig Anderson will start against the Rangers after surrendering five goals in a 5-4 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.

Who's hot: Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello, who had New York's lone goal Thursday has points in four of five games. Forward Benoit Pouliot has three assists in four games. … Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson has five points in two games. Center Kyle Turris has goals in four consecutive games.

Injury report: Rangers forward Derek Dorsett (fibula) is on injured reserve. … Senators forward Chris Neil (lower body) did not play Thursday, didn't skate Friday and is questionable.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is a MUST ROW.

ROW ROW ROW that win!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Talbot has been nothing but great for the Rangers so far this year. Should be interesting. Anderson needs to be better than last game and better than the Rangers backup.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Unless that goalie stands on his head, I expect a win. They can't play McDonagh and Girardi for 60 mins and we have 3 scoring lines.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neil is in

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Neil is in

WIN is IN.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Chris Neil = WIN.

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators :: 2:00pm ET :: Sat. Jan. 18th, 2014 Chrisneilwin

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Less than an hour to puck drop...

YA KNOW. THESE SENS GUYS ARE STARTING TO LOOK PRETTY DAMN PESKY AND FEROCIOUS. I LIKE THEIR GAME. THE EAST IS WIDE OPEN, I SAY, WIDE OPEN! NO ONE IS SCARY IN THE EAST. LET'S GO!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Chris Neil = WIN.

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators :: 2:00pm ET :: Sat. Jan. 18th, 2014 Chrisneilwin

Based on this season...not so much

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:
shabbs wrote:Chris Neil = WIN.

Based on this season...not so much
It's not about winning... it's about WIN.

Wink

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Huge game. Do we slump our shoulders after a shouldu been game or do we take the next step and control our own destiny. Andy? What you got for us??? I'm predicting a big game from Spezza/Stone combo.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy Dung... almost down 1 early again... jeezus Diddle.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

METHMAN!!!!

1-0 Sens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum