GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014

+10
asq2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens are fresh off their come-from-behind home opening win vs the Avs and host the Blue Jackets tonight. Foligno is back in town.

Lehner looks to get the start today in net.

Not sure if there are any line changes. Tough to change that up after that win.

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014 53d68b51950dc1b8c13a47d7e0f82ce1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Jackets are ahead in all meaningful categories: goals for, goals against, shots for, shots against, individual goals/assists/points, PP, PK, PIMs.

The goalie stats got cut off, plus they don't show McElhinney anyway (and I doubt warmup and practice stats really matter much -- this will be his first action of the season).

Lehner has had one start, allowing one goal in 65 minutes of play -- a .950 SV%. I guess that's one area where we have the statistical advantage (although with no stats whatsoever for Curtis, who really knows).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And just to switch things up:

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014 B0O3ev8IEAAMLrM

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014 5a4296ec044470a455ecdd1f30720926

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jackets without their top wingers (Horton/Jenner) and second line center (Dubinsky), playing their backup in the second of back-to-back games. If the Sens don't take this one easily it would be an embarrassment.

So why am I worried?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As long as the first shot on us doesn't go in, I'll be happy.

Wink

Heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So the Sens apparently had a "meeting" in the dressing room after that 1st period.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/columbus-blue-jackets-ottawa-senators-20141018/Preview

Ottawa (3-1-0) stumbled early against Colorado on Thursday, giving up three goals in the opening period before a team discussion in the locker room during intermission ignited a rally that led to a 5-3 victory in the opener of a four-game homestand.

"I don't know if we were nervous in the first or what we were doing, but we didn't play hard enough and we didn't win the 1-on-1 battles," captain Erik Karlsson said.

"We came in and no one was happy with how we played. We just kind of had it out and had some words and took a deep breath after, and (coach Paul MacLean) came in calm and gave us directions of what to do in the second, and we just came out and executed."

Wait, didn't they get shelled for 17 shots against in the second? The "rally" was the third period when the Avs' wheels came off.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ima guess that Cowen, Hoffman and Greening are scratched again.

We'll see this morning. Sens skate at 10:15am.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good to see Lehner finally get a shot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Ima guess that Cowen, Hoffman and Greening are scratched again.

I predict that you will be proven correct.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Ima guess that Cowen, Hoffman and Greening are scratched again.

I predict that you will be proven correct.
I concur.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman in for Condra

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Indeed...

MacArthur-Turris-Stone