GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014

+10
asq2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yep. We're lucky to win with some of our guys not playing well - big guys I mean. Does Michalek have a point?

Also, who is Columbus missing? Dubinsky, Horton? Or is there more?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:You don't scratch him, you work with him and hammer down the points you want to see.  Why do you have to bench him?  Just slide legwand or lazar in there.

Why not? He's very young, he could learn from watching.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just think you work with him and see if he can get going. Maybe move him to 3c minutes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is exactly why we signed legwand though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Methot coming back will make the d so much more stable. Can't happen soon enough.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Methot coming back will make the d so much more stable.   Can't happen soon enough.  

Agreed. I want Patty to succeed because I think that skill set on a defence man his size is a big asset, but he's been dismayingly feeble defensively this year. Sitting so much can't have helped his development. Judging by the off-season the going-rate for d-men seems to be in the 2nd rounder range, so if we can get a stabilizing puck mover for the second pairing for a pick and (hopefully) Greening I would pull the trigger. EK should ideally be around the 24-5 minute mark and Phillips around 18 minutes (though he's been much better this year).

Up front I think our depth is really paying dividends even if we lack the big stars on the top-end. The forechecking has been night and day compared with last year and with big bodies like Stone and Chiasson up front we can keep the puck in the opponents' zone. I've been a bit disappointed in Zibby so far: I think his game may be better suited to the wing because he doesn't seem confident handling the puck. But it's an adjustment to become a top-6 C in this league so we have to give him time. Michalek I appreciate for his hard work on the cycle and his knack for scoring goals but boy is his playmaking ever terrible.

Hard to say what to make of the team so far. We haven't really played any "good" teams yet (I watched Anaheim-Minny last night and there's just no comparison) but on the other hand it's the mark of a good team to beat the teams they're supposed to.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next up, Leafs on Wed.

gosensgo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, forecheck has really been good for the most part. Such a young team, they're working out the kinks, but have to like the forwards. Nice effort in all 3 zones, always dangerous offensively.

First time in years and years we've had quality like this in every single forward slot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lucky to win tonight. Neil = win.

#ReleaseTheLehner

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lehner has stopped 38 of 40 shots in both of his starts. A .950 SV%. What's alarming though is the 40. He was visibly upset after the first goal (off Lazar's toe), and after the second one he seemed to be yelling at his teammates. Someone on twitter (who said he played goal) commented on this, saying "Does he want them to play for him?"

NEELY, you played goal, right? Do you agree with that opinion? Should Lehner have been, maybe, a bit more diplomatic?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A goalie that stops the amount of pucks Lehner did can say whatever he wants. Rpy was hated by a lot of people but still the best money goaltender of all time.

No I didn't play goal though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:A goalie that stops the amount of pucks Lehner did can say whatever he wants.  Rpy was hated by a lot of people but still the best money goaltender of all time.  

No I didn't play goal though.

Didn't play goal? Damn, why did I think that? Next you'll say you were never an accountant, either.

Have to admit, though, sometimes Lehner wears his heart on his sleeve and I raised y eyebrows a bit when he looked pissed off after the Lazar own-goal. Felt bad for Lazar and to see the goalie seemingly blaming him made me feel even worse for him. I didn't see his reaction after the second goal, though.

Anyhow. Two wins facing the most shots the Sens have given up this season. He's definitely faced the stiffer competition so far; who's the #1, eh?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With the amount of rubber that Lehner is seeing in each game... he's got every right to be barking. He's rocking a 0.950 SV%. He's an emotional player, that's for sure.

#LehnerFace

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014 - Page 8 IbyJJp7TOJZTEN

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson is the number one and will be playing Toronto.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Anderson is the number one and will be playing Toronto.
I concur.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:With the amount of rubber that Lehner is seeing in each game... he's got every right to be barking. He's rocking a 0.950 SV%. He's an emotional player, that's for sure.

#LehnerFace

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014 - Page 8 IbyJJp7TOJZTEN

Should go for The Gregger too. Although I'm pretty sure someone said he should shut up and stop the puck under similar circumstances.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:Anderson is the number one and will be playing Toronto.
I concur.

They have the Leafs (weak-ish), Devils (strong), Hawksx2 (very strong) and Columbus (strong-ish) coming up. Who will get which games. Saying Anderson will face the Leafs isn't exactly confirming he's the #1. Although intra-Division games are more important.

Anderson has played more games (by a slim margin) and Lehner's had better stats against stronger competition. If Anderson is the #1, Lehner is the #1.5.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson is the #1 right now but he doesn't have a long leash. He will be in there against Toronto and should be. He's been solid and no reason not to go with him. Lehner will have his shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum