GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014

+10
asq2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman in for Condra

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Indeed...

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Smith-Lazar
Hoffman-Legwand-Neil

Bit of a surprise.

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Also looks like Cowen is still out.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Smith needs to set Lazar up with a goal tonight. He's owes him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo: Phillips-Karlsson; Wiercioch-Ceci and Gryba-Borowiecki. Cowen is the extra. #Sens

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We could use a legit stud LD, no offense to young Chris Phillips. I like getting Hoffman in tonight. Here's hoping Lehner plays great.

Chiasson and Clarkie Mac are pretty much my two favourite Sens. Really, really like how Chiasson uses his size. He's pretty much what we wish Greening was.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Getting Hoffman in is big, he's on the big club and not going anywhere other than maybe via trade, he won't be sent down to Bingo. That said he is going to have to fight for every second of ice he sees this year. Condra coming out is maybe a little harsh but that's the life of a 4th line NHLer, just the way it is. Greening is going to have a tough time getting into any game.

Lehner needs to have a solid game, anything short of that and he will find himself struggling to get back into the net. Anderson aside from 2 periods this year has been lights out... just sucks those periods were 3 goals each.

As for the LHD... yah they could use a stud back there but right now isn't the time to go out and get one. They needs to evaluate what they have and where they see everyone placing in. Clearly they are not giving up onn Cowen and in fact are keeping him out because that's what's best for him right now... seeing and learning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Ima guess that Cowen, Hoffman and Greening are scratched again.

We'll see this morning. Sens skate at 10:15am.

I predict that you will be proven correct.
I concur.

Ev wrote:Hoffman in for Condra

He probably waited for the "I concur" post before posting this. Dammit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:We could use a legit stud LD, no offense to young Chris Phillips. I like getting Hoffman in tonight.  Here's hoping Lehner plays great.

Chiasson and Clarkie Mac are pretty much my two favourite Sens. Really, really like how Chiasson uses his size. He's pretty much what we wish Greening was.

Thinking the same thing about Phillips; he's been great but at his age, how long can he continue playing 27 minutes a night?

"Clarkie Mac"? Nice. His two goals are both game winners, IIRC. We should have higher hopes for Chiasson than we ever did for Greening. Trouble is Greening got to ride shotgun with Spezza in his rookie season and ended up with 17 -- likely his career high. Chiasson, in a similar situation, playing 7 games on the top line scored 6 goals in his first season. I know it's not 17 but it's also not whatever Greening got that year. Pleas, please, please can he have *him* in front of the net in stead of Neil on the PP? Bigger, better hands, faster (maybe not by that much but still).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Getting Hoffman in is big, he's on the big club and not going anywhere other than maybe via trade, he won't be sent down to Bingo.  That said he is going to have to fight for every second of ice he sees this year.  Condra coming out is maybe a little harsh but that's the life of a 4th line NHLer, just the way it is.  Greening is going to have a tough time getting into any game.

Lehner needs to have a solid game, anything short of that and he will find himself struggling to get back into the net.  Anderson aside from 2 periods this year has been lights out... just sucks those periods were 3 goals each.  

As for the LHD... yah they could use a stud back there but right now isn't the time to go out and get one.  They needs to evaluate what they have and where they see everyone placing in.  Clearly they are not giving up onn Cowen and in fact are keeping him out because that's what's best for him right now... seeing and learning.  

Condra played really well his first game, but didn't really do much in the last one, so I don't mind him coming out. He's a fourth liner, after all.

Hoffman needs to do something other than skate fast and making people go "Ah, so close!" He's ownot a hitter so he must produce points. No-one is going to care about his Corsi or Fenwick or anything like that, just like no-one cared about Condra's.

Cowen needs to get it through his thick skull that he's been playing really poorly and not doing the things that are expected and needed from him, which is make the simple play and get it to Karlsson or get it out; clear the crease; protect Karlsson when he goes back to retrieve pucks but without getting called for holding/hooking -- you're big, got a long stick, figure it out; occasionally deliver a good clean hit but don't go out of your way looking for it; clear out the crease again, your goalie is a hell of a lot more valuable than you are.

Was that a little harsh? I'm afraid he can't really learn until he realizes that he needs to.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wonder if Winnipeg will have scouts there again. Garrioch said they were scouting us for the Katy 4 games

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trying to figure out what Katy means.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Last 4 games is what I meant. But we were scratching Cowen, so not him. Wiercioch maybe. Makes some sense I guess. We scratched greening as well, but for 1 game. Condra perhaps, but I'd like to keep him for the amount he makes. He's quite useful and won't fetch us much.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need zib and Michalek to pot a few and get rolling.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Taking my oldest daughter to her first game tonight. Must remember to PVR the game as I will be amazed if she makes it through the whole thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice. That should be fun.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Taking my oldest daughter to her first game tonight. Must remember to PVR the game as I will be amazed if she makes it through the whole thing.

Tack on a half hour. Maybe even 35 minutes to account for the dry scrape.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Taking my oldest daughter to her first game tonight. Must remember to PVR the game as I will be amazed if she makes it through the whole thing.

SpezDispensed wrote:Nice. That should be fun.

Her name wouldn't be Katy, by any chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum