GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014

+10
asq2
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
NEELY
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:With the amount of rubber that Lehner is seeing in each game... he's got every right to be barking. He's rocking a 0.950 SV%. He's an emotional player, that's for sure.

#LehnerFace

GAME DAY: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 18th, 2014 - Page 9 IbyJJp7TOJZTEN

Should go for The Gregger too. Although I'm pretty sure someone said he should shut up and stop the puck under similar circumstances.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:Anderson is the number one and will be playing Toronto.
I concur.

They have the Leafs (weak-ish), Devils (strong), Hawksx2 (very strong) and Columbus (strong-ish) coming up. Who will get which games. Saying Anderson will face the Leafs isn't exactly confirming he's the #1. Although intra-Division games are more important.

Anderson has played more games (by a slim margin) and Lehner's had better stats against stronger competition. If Anderson is the #1, Lehner is the #1.5.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson is the #1 right now but he doesn't have a long leash. He will be in there against Toronto and should be. He's been solid and no reason not to go with him. Lehner will have his shot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We're playing in a 1A/1B mode right now... good problem to have. Wink

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Drunken fans got ejected last night for berating members of the Red Scarf Union in Section 319. Admittedly, their soccer-style three minute long chants were annoying.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Anderson is the #1 right now but he doesn't have a long leash.  He will be in there against Toronto and should be.  He's been solid and no reason not to go with him.  Lehner will have his shot.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things shake out. Lots of teams who want our depth problems.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Anderson is the #1 right now but he doesn't have a long leash.  He will be in there against Toronto and should be.  He's been solid and no reason not to go with him.  Lehner will have his shot.

shabbs wrote:We're playing in a 1A/1B mode right now... good problem to have. Wink

I'm with the Shabber. I think they're going with a pure platoon. They are definitely 1A and 1B. They may even swap designations if Lehner keeps winning games and putting up a .950.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson was pegged as the #1 by PMac at the start of the season so until he starts to stink it up or falters, that's the way it rolls for now but Lehner is playing equally amazing. Love it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most teams (at least in the East) would have trouble overcoming an injury to their #1. Last two teams to pass through Ottawa left one goalie short. A new spin on Ottawa being the goalie graveyard. But if Anderson got injured I think I might actually get a little excited. Lehner's played better for two of three seasons (last season both were sub-par) and with his size I have less of a concern about him getting injured. He's a friggin' bull.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Most teams (at least in the East) would have trouble overcoming an injury to their #1.  Last two teams to pass through Ottawa left one goalie short.  A new spin on Ottawa being the goalie graveyard.  But if Anderson got injured I think I might actually get a little excited.  Lehner's played better for two of three seasons (last season both were sub-par) and with his size I have less of a concern about him getting injured.  He's a friggin' bull.

Not sure Lehner's ever played better than Greg Anderson. Much less two out of 3 seasons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Most teams (at least in the East) would have trouble overcoming an injury to their #1.  Last two teams to pass through Ottawa left one goalie short.  A new spin on Ottawa being the goalie graveyard.  But if Anderson got injured I think I might actually get a little excited.  Lehner's played better for two of three seasons (last season both were sub-par) and with his size I have less of a concern about him getting injured.  He's a friggin' bull.

Not sure Lehner's ever played better than Greg Anderson. Much less two out of 3 seasons.

Sorry, I was including the start of this season (.950 vs .939 SV% and 1.92 vs. 2.01 GAA). Last year he actually had slightly better SV%, but if you checked earlier in the season the difference was pretty big (Lehner had those 5 or so games where he was pretty bad to war the end, and Anderson did improve).

Anyhow, you're right. As usual.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wondering what the Phillips nay-sayers have to say now. He`s doing exactly what needs to be done when playing with Karlsson. So glad they resigned this guy. All Cowen has to do is watch this guy. He`s not perfect but he knows his limitations and shows up to work every single day. Not bad for a 6-7 d on the depth chart...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not a ton of Phillips critics here.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

There were before the season started tho... heh heh.

Hopefully he can keep this type of play up all season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not a critic of phillips but i did have questions with re-uping him as i do think he'll be on the decline. it's the start of the season, i'm not sure he can keep going at the current rate he's on. i'll take it for sure now but to expect that this is what we'll get for the full 82 is maybe kidding ourselves.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am; edited 3 times in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another game we may not have deserved to win.  We're on a really thin ledge here.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:i'm not a critic of phillips but i did have questions of re-uping him as i do think he'll be on the decline. it's the start of the season, i'm not sure he can keep going at the current rate he's on. i'll take it for sure now but to expect that this is what we'll get for the full 82 is maybe kidding ourselves.

If we are relying on Phillips for first line minutes for 82 games, we've got bigger problems...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i'm not a critic of phillips but i did have questions of re-uping him as i do think he'll be on the decline. it's the start of the season, i'm not sure he can keep going at the current rate he's on. i'll take it for sure now but to expect that this is what we'll get for the full 82 is maybe kidding ourselves.

If we are relying on Phillips for first line minutes for 82 games, we've got bigger problems...

What kind of problems? Winning?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum