GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm EST/8:00pm AST - Jan. 30th, 2009

+18
dennycrane
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
PTFlea
TheAvatar
asq2
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
Jordo
caissie_1
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

According to Goaliepost.com:

Steve Mason to start: firm
Alex Auld to start: firm

According to TSN:

"Ottawa has a 3-2 all-time record against the Blue Jackets with a pair
of ties, but Columbus has notched victories in each of the last two
meetings. In fact, the Sens last beat the Blue Jackets on November 13,
2003 in Ottawa and haven't earned a road win in the series since
February 6, 2002.
[...]
The Blue Jackets, who have won four of their last
five home tests, are playing the second portion of a four-game
homestand tonight. Columbus has a solid 14-7-1 record at Nationwide
this season and will also welcome Dallas and St. Louis during this
residency."

According to the Ottawa Sun:

"For tonight's game against the Blue Jackets, the Senators coach is
replacing Brendan Bell and Dean McAmmond in the starting lineup with
Alexandre Picard and Christoph Schubert.
[...]
He wants Schubert's size in against the bigger Blue Jackets.
"I didn't think Dean had a strong game," said Hartsburg. "And I
didn't think Bell was assertive enough. When he plays assertive, he's a
good player.""

According to the Sun, the lines look to be these:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfie
Vermette - Kells - Winnie
Ruutu - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Regin - Foligno

Kuba - Volchie
Phillips - Lee
Picard - Smith

Alex Auld last started in goal Jan 6th.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I dont like the lines, but it seems the coach has a specific strategy. one speed line, and a dirty cheking one.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummm...no Deano, eh? And Bell scratched.
While I'm not completely surprised by Bell being scratched, I still think he's playing well for what he brings.

Like a few others have mentioned, I too don't understand all the flack Bell has been the target of, but I suppose it's par for the course in Sensland...

Jive and put up a good 60 mins boys.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:ummm...no Deano, eh? And Bell scratched.
While I'm not completely surprised by Bell being scratched, I still think he's playing well for what he brings.

Like a few others have mentioned, I too don't understand all the flack Bell has been the target of, but I suppose it's par for the course in Sensland...

Jive and put up a good 60 mins boys.

As I said, there are too many 6th Dmen, so he has to scratch some. WHen Donovan returns, it will be an even bigger mess.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I would have loved to see Regin with Vermette and Kelly, creating an extremely fast and skilled line. The only problem is that we would be putting 3 centres on the same line, including our two best (Regin/vermette)... Still, I think it would be worth it.

EDIT: I meant our two best faceoff men.

If the Sens come out flat and seem to have a lack of chemistry tonight, Im placing that right on Hartsbergs shoulders. I wasnt expecting them to win this one to begin with but now I think its going to be hard to even stay in the game.

Good luck tonight boys, you're gonna need it.

Bass Destruction wrote:I would have loved to see Regin with Vermette and Kelly, creating an extremely fast and skilled line. The only problem is that we would be putting 3 centres on the same line, including our two best (Regin/vermette)... Still, I think it would be worth it.

Not that I disagree, but how that be any different than last night with Fisher on that line?

Anyways, this reeks of Fish Wing Dang Doodle and I don't like it. The guy could be a really valuable winger on this team, but he insists on clogging up the centre position - a place where he doesn't even fit: To much money for the third line and not enough skill for the 2nd. On the wing, the guy could be a 1st liner on almost any team in the league, but he insists on playing in the Diddle middle. This is Dung!

w/e. Is it jut me or could Schubert actually fit nicely next to Kelly and Vermette?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher back to center eh? I guess I read him right during that intermission interview after all.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's definitely not just you... I would love to see a line of Kelly - Vermette - Schubert.

Could be REALLY interesting, and at this point, what could it hurt to try?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The lines were "According to the Sun" and not actually attributed to Hartsburg. When a guy wins 6 of 7 face offs then scores the game winner, and Fish on the wing has a whale of a game, why would you change up?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:I dont like the lines, but it seems the coach has a specific strategy. one speed line, and a dirty cheking one.

I think by busting Regin down to the 4th line after getting the game winner his strategy is "accountability".

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I dont like how Regin is playing on the 4th line. He sould be on the 2nd or 3rd and getting rewards for playing well.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Bass Destruction wrote:I would have loved to see Regin with Vermette and Kelly, creating an extremely fast and skilled line. The only problem is that we would be putting 3 centres on the same line, including our two best (Regin/vermette)... Still, I think it would be worth it.

HELICOPTOR LINE! (no wings)

inside joke for anybody who saw the game last night.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I would like to see a line of Vermette-Regin-Foligno. I beleive it would work out givin some time.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:I dont like the lines, but it seems the coach has a specific strategy. one speed line, and a dirty cheking one.

I think by busting Regin down to the 4th line after getting the game winner his strategy is "accountability".

So true... ha ha. affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum