GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm EST/8:00pm AST - Jan. 30th, 2009

+18
dennycrane
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
PTFlea
TheAvatar
asq2
Riprock
davetherave
SensGirl11
Jordo
caissie_1
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Bass Destruction wrote:I would have loved to see Regin with Vermette and Kelly, creating an extremely fast and skilled line. The only problem is that we would be putting 3 centres on the same line, including our two best (Regin/vermette)... Still, I think it would be worth it.

EDIT: I meant our two best faceoff men.

HELICOPTOR LINE! (no wings)

inside joke for anybody who saw the game last night.

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

I would like to see a line of Vermette-Regin-Foligno. I beleive it would work out givin some time.

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:I dont like the lines, but it seems the coach has a specific strategy. one speed line, and a dirty cheking one.

I think by busting Regin down to the 4th line after getting the game winner his strategy is "accountability".

So true... ha ha. affraid

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

BARF!!! Those lines look horrible. Ummm...yeah, after Fisher's last game, let's put him on the 3rd line with a bunch of crap...good.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:BARF!!! Those lines look horrible. Ummm...yeah, after Fisher's last game, let's put him on the 3rd line with a bunch of crap...good.

Yeh im really starting to believe Hart's is not our coach. I was a supporter of his from day one and have been defending him ever since. I am truly starting to realise that he's lost in the pro's and cant get anything consistent going.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How about this:

McAmmond didnt have a good game (well according to the coach anyway). I think it has more to do with Hartsburg wanting to play Picard an Schubert to have some freshser legs.

So, you need a centre on that 4th line right?
Cannot seperate Vermette and Kelly, so it's either Fisher or Regin.

IMO, he will give all 4 lines enough ice time.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

WTF is Regin doing on the 4th line? He should be centering Alfie and Heatley. Seriously.

Foligno-Neil-Ruutu works as a Terrible Three, not Fisher, who played much better on the Helicopter Line.

JaySpez with Schubie Doo and JesWin...now THAT would be sending a message.

Is Coach Craig starting to panic? Or maybe he hears Uncle Eugene's time bomb ticking...

Last edited by davetherave on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Winchester has become one of my favorite players. His work ethic is incredible. He's a prototypical fetch and retrieve type player. He is so strong on the boards and is great at getting the puck in the zone, controlling the play, and setting up his teammates. He should be rewarded with more ice time and better linemates.

The Regin move is very dumbfounding. The guy scored his first NHL goal which proved to be the game winner.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:Winchester has become one of my favorite players. His work ethic is incredible. He's a prototypical fetch and retrieve type player. He is so strong on the boards and is great at getting the puck in the zone, controlling the play, and setting up his teammates. He should be rewarded with more ice time and better linemates.

The Regin move is very dumbfounding. The guy scored his first NHL goal which proved to be the game winner.

Aaaannd he likes to run guys over too. It's fantastic, he's smart, physical, genius along the boards. This guy is Kelly but better already. He's become one of my favorite's too, pretty much as soon as he set foot on the ice, he was one of my favorites.

Regin being demoted to 4th line minutes is laughable, what is Hartsy doing here?

Fish with Ruutu and Neil? Really? When he finally starts to get his game back? I don't understand this man anymore...I really don't.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Fish with Ruutu and Neil? Really? When he finally starts to get his game back? I don't understand this man anymore...I really don't.

I get the impression "Fish" wasn't happy on the wing.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Fish with Ruutu and Neil? Really? When he finally starts to get his game back? I don't understand this man anymore...I really don't.

He looked pretty happy to me. I don't buy that for a second.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He looked pretty happy to me. I don't buy that for a second.

Did you see the interview at the intermission? He talked briefly about being on the wing and his tone was less than enthusiastic. Neither here nor there, it doesn't really matter where he plays, it's all the same.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

He was finally starting to earn his paycheque with that 2 goal performance and the team was having success.

Play on the wing or play centre-bench.

Well, we will see tonight weather Hartsberg's moves made any sense at all... If Fisher has a crap game tonight I think there are a lot of people that will question a lot of things... again... sigh.

Nothing easy about being a Sens fan.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:

SUCK IT UP !!!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Does it matter if players are 'happy'? As I remember, every one of Scotty Bowman's players hated his guts. But that didn't stop them from winning.

DashRiprock wrote:Winchester has become one of my favorite players. His work ethic is incredible. He's a prototypical fetch and retrieve type player. He is so strong on the boards and is great at getting the puck in the zone, controlling the play, and setting up his teammates. He should be rewarded with more ice time and better linemates.

The fact that Foligno remains on the 2nd PP unit and Winchester never sees any time there blows my MFing mind!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
He was finally starting to earn his paycheque with that 2 goal performance and the team was having success.

Play on the wing or play centre-bench.

What! He's not playing center!? I can't believe I wasted time even replying to that tool Commodore and I missed that.

This is very, very disappointing. Fisher needs a 2nd half chalk full of games like he had against St.Louis. I don't want him at center - he's no bloody good there. Boo.

squirrel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum