GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 10th, 2009

+12
asq2
jamvan
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
LethalLehner
Sens4thecup
PKC
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

asq2 wrote:^Dream:
Trade Heatley and Kuba for Filatov and either Brassard or Voracek.

Trade Fisher to Nashville with a 2nd or SJs 1st for a 3rd or 4th and say a non-Pickard goaltending prospect.

Trade Vermette for a 2nd.

Suck, draft Hedman. Suck the next season, and if you've grabbed Voracek then draft Hall, and if you've grabbed Brassard then instead draft Kabanov.

Future:
Filatov - Spezza - Zubov
Regin - Brassard/Hall - Voracek/Kabanov
Smith - O'Brien - Foligno
Some fourth line

Hedman - Volchenkov
Lee - Karlsson
Picard - Wiercioch

Elliott
goaltending prospect

Won't happen. But having Hedman and Karlsson is a realistic possibility and certainly something I'm excited about.

What I would give to get Wilson from Nashville. He will be the best forward out of that draft last year, I'm calling it now. There isnt anything I dont love about that guy.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I'll take Filatov over Wilson, personally. Much more dynamic offensively, not as physical but very solid defensively. Cody Hodgson may be another Trevor Linden, as well.

I think Stamkos will still end up as a very, very good player too.

Anyway, there's no way they'd give up Wilson for Fisher, if that's what you're driving at.

asq2 wrote:I'll take Filatov over Wilson, personally. Much more dynamic offensively, not as physical but very solid defensively. Cody Hodgson may be another Trevor Linden, as well.

Anyway, there's no way they'd give up Wilson for Fisher, if that's what you're driving at.

I dont know what Im driving at, lol. I love that kind of player though and would take Wilson over Falitov. The nastier the better IMO, and if you have the tallent Wilson does, thats even more attractive.

I look at it like, will Filatov make the other teams life a living hell when he isnt scoring or put fear into his opponent, probably not, but Wilson, again, my fav forward prospect in the NHL right now, no one I would rather have honestly.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

All this talk about prospects made me re-look some, and I went to see how Louie Caporousso is doing, and the answer is surprisingly well. He's tied for 6th in College hockey points with 27 in 21 games, and is 1st in goals with 18. Good to see.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:I'll take Filatov over Wilson, personally. Much more dynamic offensively, not as physical but very solid defensively. Cody Hodgson may be another Trevor Linden, as well.

I dont know what Im driving at, lol. I love that kind of player though and would take Wilson over Falitov. The nastier the better IMO, and if you have the tallent Wilson does, thats even more attractive.

I look at it like, will Filatov make the other teams life a living hell when he isnt scoring or put fear into his opponent, probably not, but Wilson, again, my fav forward prospect in the NHL right now, no one I would rather have honestly.

Filatov is really, really solid in his own zone. So yeah, he can be effective even when not scoring.

Depends on what you like. I see Filatov as a winger Datsyuk.

I see Wilson as a Cam Neely/Bertuzzi/Lucic kinda guy. Can put up 30 goals, and can put 30 guys out.

LOL, wow, we are the only team to not as of yet hit the 100 goal mark! It may even be a couple games before we hit it! Thats saaaaaad.

Glad we have 24 mil tied up in 4 forward.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

To be honest, with Karlsson's showing at the World Juniors, I'd like to see the following happen:

At the deadline, trade Dany Heatley for a package of young roster player, blue-chip prospect, first round pick, and second round pick.

Then, on draft day, trade Vermette and if possible Fisher and Phillips as well. Assuming we are in the top 2, draft Tavares. It seems like he is going to be a 100+ point player in the NHL probably not even too far into the near future.

Take your other two first round picks and another mid-range prospect and move up again into the top 8 and draft yourself another possible stud forward.

Then on July 1st, with all the available money, throw Bouwmeester a 7 million dollar bone for 7 years before the clock even strikes 12.01.

The complexity of your team looks like this:

Alfredsson - Spezza - UFA
Blue-Chip (if forward) - Tavares - Young Forward (Heatley trade)
Winchester - Kelly - Foligno
Ruutu - Bass - Donovan

Bouwmeester - Volchenkov
Picard - UFA/Prospect (possibly Kuba at 4.25 million for two years)
Lee - Smith

Elliott
Auld

Then you are sitting on a cap hit of about 33.07 plus Tavares' rookie contract. You have enough to plug the lineup with a couple of decent veteran forwards, of which this upcoming free agent year, there are going to be a ton of. Of course, in the Vermette, Heatley, Fisher, and Phillips trades, it's completely plausible that you get some good young forwards or defensemen.

And then you go to work trying to fill out your roster with good veterans from the UFA crop. Go after guys like: Tkachuk, Cole, Morrison, Weight, Sykora, etc...guys who are proven in the league and who won't be asking for too much money or too much term. If you can snag one guy at 1 year 3.5 million and another guy at 2 years 3.5 million or so, you're in pretty good shape going forward.

With the additional money, it might also be possible to retain a guy like Kuba for an additional two years and buy yourself at least a year to fit Karlsson into the lineup.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Yup, I hate myself for disliking another player more than Spezza, didnt think it could be done. Spezza is actually trying, Heatley is just standing there waiting for something to happen.
Something I've noticed for a while is that Heatley will often get in his slot area with his stick up waiting for a one-timer. But he'll hold it there for a long time, just waiting for someone to feed him, and everyone can see this and is on the look out for the pass to intercept or block.

I mean, come on...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Even Alfie is sounding like he's ready to throw in the towel... and this is before the mid-way mark...

On making the playoffs:

"I still believe we can do it, I don't know if it's realistic," said
Daniel Alfredsson. "It's a lot of ground to make up for us right now."

From: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/11/7984076-sun.html

Yowza.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Even Alfie is sounding like he's ready to throw in the towel... and this is before the mid-way mark...

On making the playoffs:

"I still believe we can do it, I don't know if it's realistic," said
Daniel Alfredsson. "It's a lot of ground to make up for us right now."

From: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/11/7984076-sun.html

Yowza.

Unfortunately for him he gets the up-close view of the on-ice product as well as the off-ice Dung. I'd be disheartened too.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If this is the kind of support we're going to give Elliott... we should send him back down.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:If this is the kind of support we're going to give Elliott... we should send him back down.

I say let him get the experience under his belt. Because if this team was performing well and playing well, he'd probably still be in Bingo anyways. Let him stay up and get used to being the man next year...

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:If this is the kind of support we're going to give Elliott... we should send him back down.

I agree. I still can't figure out why they would take him away from his fantastic season in the AHL to let him gain experience playing in front of a Dung team in the NHL. No matter how well he plays, he alone can't turn this season around.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

from the Ottawa Sun and Booboo...

"A team that would love Spezza is Columbus. The word is Ken Wang believes he can transform the struggling centre into the next Steve Yzerman. Wang worked with Spezza at the world championship in Quebec City last spring ... Speaking of the Jackets, they're trying to move D Rostislav Klesla. No takers ... Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford can't give away D Frantisek Kaberle. "

If he thinks he can turn him into the Next Stevie Y....maybe HE should come coach the SENS! I don't doubt he's serious and the sad thing is...I can see it happening.

K so Wang wants Spezza...we'll take Nash thank you very much!

If they really want him, does that mean that they wold be willing to give up Nash?Maybe?

how about

to Columbus:
Spezza (7)
Vermette (2.75)
Schubert (1)
Gerber (3.7)
~14.5M

to Ottawa:
Nash (5.4)
Modin (3)
Leclaire (3.8) (not a huge fan but I see it could happen)
~12.2M

Again, who knows if they want Spezza that much but I would still love this trade.

BigRig77 wrote:from the Ottawa Sun and Booboo...

"A team that would love Spezza is Columbus. The word is Ken Wang believes he can transform the struggling centre into the next Steve Yzerman. Wang worked with Spezza at the world championship in Quebec City last spring ... Speaking of the Jackets, they're trying to move D Rostislav Klesla. No takers ... Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford can't give away D Frantisek Kaberle. "

If he thinks he can turn him into the Next Stevie Y....maybe HE should come coach the SENS! I don't doubt he's serious and the sad thing is...I can see it happening.

If they really want him, does that mean that they wold be willing to give up Nash?Maybe?

how about

to Columbus:
Spezza (7)
Vermette (2.75)
Schubert (1)
Gerber (3.7)
~14.5M

to Ottawa:
Nash (5.4)
Modin (3)
~12.2M

Again, who knows if they want Spezza that much but I would still love this trade.

If we are dealing with Columbus, I'd rather deal Heatley. With the way he performed with Nash, I doubt it's a hard sell. I think getting Filatov, Russell and a 1st isn't unreasonable.

Leclaire worries me injury wise too. I think we have all but decided to go with Elliott going forward anyway, barring someone gifting us a top notch starter for next to nothing. I'd be comfortable with Auld/Elliott next year. If we trade one of the core, plus guys like Vermette, Neil, and Kuba for youth, I doubt we compete for a playoff spot anyway. The plus here is that we'd get a solid player in 2010, which by all accounts should be a nice draft as well.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:from the Ottawa Sun and Booboo...

how about

to Columbus:
Spezza (7)
Vermette (2.75)
Schubert (1)
Gerber (3.7)
~14.5M

to Ottawa:
Nash (5.4)
Modin (3)
~12.2M

If we are dealing with Columbus, I'd rather deal Heatley. With the way he performed with Nash, I doubt it's a hard sell. I think getting Filatov, Russell and a 1st isn't unreasonable.

Leclaire worries me injury wise too. I think we have all but decided to go with Elliott going forward anyway, barring someone gifting us a top notch starter for next to nothing. I'd be comfortable with Auld/Elliott next year. If we trade one of the core, plus guys like Vermette, Neil, and Kuba for youth, I doubt we compete for a playoff spot anyway. The plus here is that we'd get a solid player in 2010, which by all accounts should be a nice draft as well.

I see your point buuuut...Why not have that Nash-Heatley reunion on OUR team??

as for goalies....going with Elliott and Auld next could work provide we upgrade our D.

The Sun is also reporting that the Oilers are very interested in Fisher, but that the Sens want to keep him. Why????

Fisher is overpaid for what he is bringing at the moment. If he consented to be moved, I'd be pulling the trigger, if for no other reason than cap relief. I also think he could fetch a nice return. Perhaps a first or nice prospect. That would give us alot more wiggle room. I wonder how Ms. Underwood likes Edmonton???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum