GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:J Bo wants out of Florida more than he wants to test the free agent market. There really isnt a guy in Florida that truley wants to be there aside from maybe Stillman.

If Murray can convicne him this is a winning team (if we get him) offer him a fair contract that he could recieve as a UFA, and the future here looks bright, he can do it.

If J Bo just leaves Ottawa when everyone know the situation here is A LOT better than Florida, and if its a good offer, it may raise some eyebrows, be it no one wants to play here or J Bo just wants the cash.

This is a move that could be very benificial for both parties.

unfortunately Stillman is probably lending him the 10 foot pole....

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
dennycrane wrote:On the topic of Jay Bouwmeester:

http://wayoffside.wordpress.com/2007/11/05/presentingthe-nhls-first-all-star-dui-team/

(Insert joke about Bryan Murray bringing in quality guys here)

Yup. defently heard about his alcohol problems for sure. There have been other instances then that as well.

What? Really? For Diddle sake...

Yup, apparently a big of an Alki from all accounts. A real wierd dude on top of everything else though, haha, like really wierd.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

J Bo wants to play on a winner, and Ottawa has made the playoffs for over a decade. As far as Stillman, players have short memories about good and bad teams. If the money is there, J Bo would consider coming here.

They have to get him now, as the Sens won't have the cap space to get into an auction for J Bo on July 1.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:J Bo wants to play on a winner, and Ottawa has made the playoffs for over a decade. As far as Stillman, players have short memories about good and bad teams. If the money is there, J Bo would consider coming here.

They have to get him now, as the Sens won't have the cap space to get into an auction for J Bo on July 1.

Where does this perception come from? The Sens have as much as $13 million next year to spend on a defenseman and possibly a goaltender.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, they definitely have the space.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Yeah, they definitely have the space.

Plus it's now being rumoured that the cap will go up next season...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

No one remembers number two.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Smash;

Are you hearing that the cap will actually rise? I figured it may actually stay the same or possibly lower a bit, due to the AWESOMENESS of our loonie and the overall downturn of the North American economy on the whole.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Smash;

Are you hearing that the cap will actually rise? I figured it may actually stay the same or possibly lower a bit, due to the AWESOMENESS of our loonie and the overall downturn of the North American economy on the whole.

Yeah it's been pretty contradictory reports actually... I've heard both...

But I have heard from credible people that it could rise... From what i hear there is good chance it actually just stays status quo.... But I mean this is all hearsay, nothing concrete...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

yeah, I hear ya. It's like the Sundin saga, a la vintage Clash, with a slight change to the lyrics: "Should he play or should he go..."

Seriously though, I imagine it will stay status quo, because if our $ doesn't rebound, the loss of that revenue and then considering most canadian teams and SOME bigger american ones have to pay to keep the poopy ones afloat *cough * FLORIDA *cough * Columbus, we could be in serious dung...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:J Bo wants to play on a winner, and Ottawa has made the playoffs for over a decade. As far as Stillman, players have short memories about good and bad teams. If the money is there, J Bo would consider coming here.

Also, my guess is that Burke would probably like to make a play for Bouwmeester to line him up alongside Schenn for the next decade or so. :pale:

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thing is, for that to happen, look at the bargaining chips Toronto has to entice Martin with?
two players with NTC's, and a few picks they DESPERATELY need to hang onto.

From what I've heard and keep hearing, Murray's 'alleged' offer to JM is MORE than reasonable and fair and in fact would help BOTH teams.

EDIT/Update: Just received an email from a trusted friend who said he couldn't confirm nor deny that Fletcher has also made a pitch for Bow (details were not made available, to me anyway lol) and that to expect Martin's decision shortly... He said something is brewing in Sens land and Murray has been manning the phones ALL morning.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we get Kaberle from TO? Burke will have to decide on his fate. Either Bow or him would be stellar.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Thing is, for that to happen, look at the bargaining chips Toronto has to entice Martin with?
two players with NTC's, and a few picks they DESPERATELY need to hang onto.

From what I've heard and keep hearing, Murray's 'alleged' offer to JM is MORE than reasonable and fair and in fact would help BOTH teams.

EDIT/Update: Just received an email from a trusted friend who said he couldn't confirm nor deny that Fletcher has also made a pitch for Bow (details were not made available, to me anyway lol) and that to expect Martin's decision shortly... He said something is brewing in Sens land and Murray has been manning the phones ALL morning.

Matt Stajan has as many points as Heatley so far this season. It won't last, but right now Martin potentially could be fooled into thinking he's the offensive centreman they need.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Can we get Kaberle from TO? Burke will have to decide on his fate. Either Bow or him would be stellar.

I'm pretty sure Burke would ask for O'Brien and E. Karlsson.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

No way are we getting rid of Karlsson. I could list off others before I would put him on the list. Burke can ask for whoever he wants but I am sure if we gave someone away like him it would come back to haunt us in a big way.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

spezza rules! wrote:No way are we getting rid of Karlsson. I could list off others before I would put him on the list. Burke can ask for whoever he wants but I am sure if we gave someone away like him it would come back to haunt us in a big way.

I just think that's the only way you land Kaberle.

He's not an impending free agent, and we're in the same division. Burke wanted Karlsson at the draft, which is why we had to trade up.

Plus, Kaberle has a NTC. Why would he waive it to go to a team currently worse than the Leafs?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Can we get Kaberle from TO? Burke will have to decide on his fate. Either Bow or him would be stellar.

I'm pretty sure Burke would ask for O'Brien and E. Karlsson.

No way Jose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum