GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

I am lost...did Cronie have inside info? what are we talking about?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:I am lost...did Cronie have inside info? what are we talking about?

I dunno (perhaps, but nothing that different from Chirp). Where is he?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Or all three? Would help Ottawa to get rid of some of that extra weight.

Vermette and Lee are good enough though. Perhaps you save Schubert + to acquire a forward to replace Vermette, but to me the bottom line is - as GM - you've done what you needed to do to begin to vastly upgrade the D.

Maybe Schubert and a 2nd (?) for Ohlund as well. Have a real 6 D that we can be proud of. If we play the cards very well we could re-sign both Ohlund and Bow and still have Phillips and A-Train and Picard (hopefully) and Smith. Then the wait begins for Smith to become UFA, Picard to be trade bait and Karlsson and Wiercoch to be ready in 2 years.

All the master plan (except for Ohlund). :pirat:

504Heater wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Wonder what the offer is.... does it include Lee? Vermette?

I think so Dash, but don't quote me on that. Vermette and Lee? Or Vermette, Schubert and a 1st?

Something in that ballpark I would imagine.
I would think either Fisher - Schubert or Vermette, Lee, conditional pick

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:

No Fisher though because he has a NMC (for now) - and certainly won't waive it.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Or all three? Would help Ottawa to get rid of some of that extra weight.

Vermette and Lee are good enough though. Perhaps you save Schubert + to acquire a forward to replace Vermette, but to me the bottom line is - as GM - you've done what you needed to do to begin to vastly upgrade the D.

Maybe Schubert and a 2nd (?) for Ohlund as well. Have a real 6 D that we can be proud of. If we play the cards very well we could re-sign both Ohlund and Bow and still have Phillips and A-Train and Picard (hopefully) and Smith. Then the wait begins for Smith to become UFA, Picard to be trade bait and Karlsson and Wiercoch to be ready in 2 years.

Is it just me...but I don't find Ohlund the least bit inspiring...nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing about Ohlund has me the least bit excited about acquiring him...

but again I ask...is it just me?

504Heater wrote:

I really don't think Vermette and Lee would do it. If the roles were reversed, would you make the deal ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not just you to be honest - but this guy's a horse back there. Not really what we need - unless he can move the puck and I don't really see it properly. But he's very good to Bow's amazing.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:It's not just you to be honest - but this guy's a horse back there. Not really what we need - unless he can move the puck and I don't really see it properly. But he's very good to Bow's amazing.

Injury prone...

I dunno...I jujst don't see myself wetting my pants if our big trade is for Ohlund...now Bouw...I may squirt a little...lol...

504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

No Fisher though because he has a NMC (for now) - and certainly won't waive it.
You sound like Spector. NMCs and NTCs aren't complete show stoppers other that the Leaf5 and Redden most guys leave when they are no longer wanted.

COLLAR UP wrote:
504Heater wrote:It's not just you to be honest - but this guy's a horse back there. Not really what we need - unless he can move the puck and I don't really see it properly. But he's very good to Bow's amazing.

Injury prone...

I dunno...I jujst don't see myself wetting my pants if our big trade is for Ohlund...now Bouw...I may squirt a little...lol...
I don't want Ohlund, because I want whomever we get to be locked up long term as soon as possible, and Ohlund doesn't really fit the bill.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:
Injury prone...

Very injury prone, that's true.

Good character guy too though. Like Alfie, but a D-man I've heard him compared as.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
You sound like Spector. NMCs and NTCs aren't complete show stoppers other that the Leaf5 and Redden most guys leave when they are no longer wanted.

It's just being realistic. He loves it here, he wants to win a Cup here, Murray loves him, Hartsburg absolutely adores him, he's a fan favourite, the deal is pretty fair market value.

You don't force Mike Fisher out unless you really have to. And I guarantee Murray doesn't even think of approaching him to waive it.

It's Vermette. Too bad for him, but it's him.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:
Injury prone...

Very injury prone, that's true.

Good character guy too though. Like Alfie, but a D-man I've heard him compared as.

charcater...character...isn't that all we have now...and look how that is paying off...

what we need is to continue with the youth movement...and Bouw fits that nicely...

keep Zubov up...keep Bass...

Verm...Neil...Schubs...see ya...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:
charcater...character...isn't that all we have now...and look how that is paying off...

what we need is to continue with the youth movement...and Bouw fits that nicely...

I'm afraid it's gonna be Neil with Vermette....I guess we could do that, but I don't really wanna.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

if Fisher were to leave, the female population of the entire city would be devastated Smile (oh and undoutedly some guys too) :cyclops:

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

I'm afraid it's gonna be Neil with Vermette....I guess we could do that, but I don't really wanna.

I wouldn't really want to either, but I guess we kind of have too.. LOL

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

my GF certainly will not be happy...she got mad at me the other day for even suggesting that Neil should be traded...

but in all seriousness...while I like Neil...and his hitting...Bass can fill that role...perhaps not hitting as much as Neil...but still it will work out...and with Fish back...the hitting should be fine...

Verm...Neil...Schubs...for Bouw...(signed to an extension of course!!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum