GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

No way are we getting rid of Karlsson. I could list off others before I would put him on the list. Burke can ask for whoever he wants but I am sure if we gave someone away like him it would come back to haunt us in a big way.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

spezza rules! wrote:No way are we getting rid of Karlsson. I could list off others before I would put him on the list. Burke can ask for whoever he wants but I am sure if we gave someone away like him it would come back to haunt us in a big way.

I just think that's the only way you land Kaberle.

He's not an impending free agent, and we're in the same division. Burke wanted Karlsson at the draft, which is why we had to trade up.

Plus, Kaberle has a NTC. Why would he waive it to go to a team currently worse than the Leafs?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Can we get Kaberle from TO? Burke will have to decide on his fate. Either Bow or him would be stellar.

I'm pretty sure Burke would ask for O'Brien and E. Karlsson.

No way Jose.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:

Plus, Kaberle has a NTC. Why would he waive it to go to a team currently worse than the Leafs?

I physically hurt when I read this.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Can we get Kaberle from TO? Burke will have to decide on his fate. Either Bow or him would be stellar.

No way Jose.

My thoughts exactly. But getting someone like Kaberle on that contract from a division rival whose GM was likely incensed at losing out on his guy at the draft likely would not come cheaply.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

No way Jose.

My thoughts exactly. But getting someone like Kaberle on that contract from a division rival whose GM was likely incensed at losing out on his guy at the draft likely would not come cheaply.

Oh yeah, I forgot he was pissed about that. Uh... 8)

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Burke can go to hell in a blue and white hand basket.
Funny thing is, in about 2 years, he'll be taking the Leafs cap management with him.

PKC wrote:Burke can go to hell in a blue and white hand basket.
Funny thing is, in about 2 years, he'll be taking the Leafs cap management with him.

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester - Page 8 Burke_brian_lg squirrel

Me and the monkey HATE Burke. I will hate TO even more shortly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is the stumbling block Ilya Zubov?

Not surprised if Zubov is going the other way IF a deal is done with J Bo and Wiess coming back, I said that this afternoon.

Martin is looking to dump salary and bring in some offense. So Zubov and Vermette will be the likely 2 going the other way, it might be the risk we need to take. If we do, next year at this time we will be talking about Jim O'Brien and Derek Smith coming into play the role Zubov was going to.

Wiess would be the ideal guy to take pressure off Spezza as well. This could end up being 2 steals in 1 year if things work out if the deal is made.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Is the stumbling block Ilya Zubov?

I noticed Senschirp is saying Zubov's name is in the mix and the Sens might be asking for Weiss in exchange. Given the little i've seen of Zubov I would much rather keep him than Lee. Zubov could plug the hole left by Vermette.

strachattack wrote:

I noticed Senschirp is saying Zubov's name is in the mix and the Sens might be asking for Weiss in exchange. Given the little i've seen of Zubov I would much rather keep him than Lee. Zubov could plug the hole left by Vermette.

Weiss could defently do the same. Wiess is a guy I look at and see a potential 60-70 point guy. A lot of those guys may just be begging for a fresh start and could really benifit from a change of scenery.

I really dont think Martin is going to want to take back a Dman, they are stacked there already and have enough trouble getting guys into the lineup. If he will take Lee off our hands instead of Zubov, then great but I dont think it is going to happen.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
strachattack wrote:

Weiss could defently do the same. Wiess is a guy I look at and see a potential 60-70 point guy. A lot of those guys may just be begging for a fresh start and could really benifit from a change of scenery.

I really dont think Martin is going to want to take back a Dman, they are stacked there already and have enough trouble getting guys into the lineup. If he will take Lee off our hands instead of Zubov, then great but I dont think it is going to happen.

I agree with you if it means we're getting Weiss back but if FLA is balking on sending us Weiss i'm not as cool with it. Still, I believe it has to be done. If the asking price is Zubov (and no Weiss in return) I would grudgingly do it.

If it does go down like that (ie. Vermette, Zubov conditional San Jose's 1st for J-Bo alone) do we have cap room and/or trade chips to bring in a top-6 forward a little later on?

You have a year to figure it out, maybe you deal Smith in the offseason to open up some space. Niel will be gone for sure, same with Schubert and McAmmond. Those salries will be off the books and the young guys like D.Smith, Bass, maybe even a Shannon could play here.

Make this move first if you can then worry about the rest.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Seriously, I can't imagine anyone trading for JBo before Jan. 1, when they can begin to negotiate a deal with him. It's too risky otherwise. No one wants a Brian Campbell incident on their hands. Roster player, good prospect, and a 1st rounder = surrendering a LOT of good franchise assets. The one thing any GM is going to want in return is some security. They can't get that for sure, on paper, signed and sealed, until after Jan. 1st. I don't think a deal for JBo happens before then for this reason.

EDIT: And just for the record, I'm all for trading for JBo, even if it means Lee. If Zubov, well, then we need to work out a for more details before I'm game.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Don't forget that Gerber's 3.7 will be replaced by Elliot's salary of 1 million or so. That frees up 2.7 million in cap space going forward.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

God could this really be happening? Murray, get us J-Bo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum