GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp reports Sens have interest in PJ Axelsson

+16
davetherave
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Anshu
Vandelay
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Mojo
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Just a small blurb from his latest blog, which more or less was just a rehash of nothing on the Heatley front. I did notice the last part, copied below that is a point of interest.

I keep reading in other locations that the Senators have interest in forward PJ Axelsson but thus far I've yet to hear anything concrete on this front.

Question is, do we want a guy that is 34, his cap hit last year was about 1.85 million, seems to be on a decline, 30 points in 75 games last year. Bertuzzi's cap his last year was 1.95 in comparison, and he had 44 points in 66 games, 15 of them goals and he plays a tougher style than Axelsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Could be they don't want the publicity that would undoubtedly follow Bertuzzi. But we have younger players making less money that could probably do what Axelsson can. I don't want any more older 30-point guys to play the 3rd or 4th line. Play the kids, for God's sake.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PJ is constantly rumoured to Ottawa because of the swedish connection. Isn't he also buddies with Alfie. He was too old and broken down a couple years ago. Why would we want him now?

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

What's next? Jason Williams and Bob Hartley come to Ottawa?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:What's next? Jason Williams and Bob Hartley come to Ottawa?

please no, don't want either of them on the team, same with PJ

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I don't believe this one for a second. As has already been pointed out, Ottawa has too many 3rd/4th liners taking away spots from deserving rookies. Why on earth would Murray want to add another one, taking up cap space we don't have?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The title of this thread is really misleading. What Chirp is saying is that he's reading OTHER people saying that the Sens are interested in Axelsson, but that he hasn't heard a peep from the organization to that effect.

Bloggers have been playing up the Alfie-Axelsson connection for years, since the lockout or whatever. Barring an unforeseen move (like trading one of our PKers, Kelly or Ruutu), I don't think anything will come of it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want this to happen if we can re-unite the Swedish Gold winning line of Axelsson - Sundin - Alfredsson.

Good luck doing it, but two of the three are on the open market and the other one is on our team...so who knows..... Ahhhhh!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I want this to happen if we can re-unite the Swedish Gold winning line of Axelsson - Sundin - Alfredsson.

Good luck doing it, but two of the three are on the open market and the other one is on our team...so who knows..... Ahhhhh!

a little thing called the salary cap stands in our way there, unless you completely take zero salary back in the Heatley deal (impossible) and then sign those two.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No room for Axelsson here. Sorry.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:No room for Axelsson here. Sorry.
You could get Axelsson for $1.7, so lots of room with Smith on the extended IR.

Why? Is this a joke? We already have cap issues as it is. Not to mention Axelsson is redundant. I'd rather keep Kelly than persue Axelsson.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:The title of this thread is really misleading. What Chirp is saying is that he's reading OTHER people saying that the Sens are interested in Axelsson, but that he hasn't heard a peep from the organization to that effect.

Bloggers have been playing up the Alfie-Axelsson connection for years, since the lockout or whatever. Barring an unforeseen move (like trading one of our PKers, Kelly or Ruutu), I don't think anything will come of it.
DO we honestly believe that CHirp talks to teh Sens organization too? Shrug

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Zoolander wrote:Why? Is this a joke? We already have cap issues as it is. Not to mention Axelsson is redundant. I'd rather keep Kelly than persue Axelsson.
We don't have cap issues until the season starts. At this moment in time, the cap barely exisits.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:a little thing called the salary cap stands in our way there, unless you completely take zero salary back in the Heatley deal (impossible) and then sign those two.

Meh...Sundin's on his last legs, so 1 year, 3.5 is what I'd offer to re-unite them. Axelsson 1.5 for a one year deal. So 5 million. Kelly is gone if we do this obviously and hopefully you take minimal salary back for Heatley.

Just a dream anyway, never gonna happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum