GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp reports Sens have interest in PJ Axelsson

+16
davetherave
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Anshu
Vandelay
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Mojo
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

shabbs wrote:11 15 19....

Keep looking at it...

Yes...

See it?

EDIT: He may have to change it if we move Heatley though. Heh heh.

:h:

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Zoolander wrote:

Keep looking at it...

Yes...

See it?

Laughing3

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Guys, I'm not a moron. I know what it stands for, I just don't know why. If he had joined 3 months ago or before, sure, but given what we have all been talking about lately, why is 15 still there?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Guys, I'm not a moron. I know what it stands for, I just don't know why. If he had joined 3 months ago or before, sure, but given what we have all been talking about lately, why is 15 still there?
Ahhh... perhaps it's one he's used on other boards before?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aha! I see there's a 111519 over on HFBoards. Could be one and the same.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zoolander wrote:

Keep looking at it...

Yes...

See it?

Laughing3

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:Just a small blurb from his latest blog, which more or less was just a rehash of nothing on the Heatley front. I did notice the last part, copied below that is a point of interest.

I keep reading in other locations that the Senators have interest in forward PJ Axelsson but thus far I've yet to hear anything concrete on this front.

Question is, do we want a guy that is 34, his cap hit last year was about 1.85 million, seems to be on a decline, 30 points in 75 games last year. Bertuzzi's cap his last year was 1.95 in comparison, and he had 44 points in 66 games, 15 of them goals and he plays a tougher style than Axelsson.

Per your points...why would the Senators want Axelsson? And how do they afford him if they're already over the cap?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Just a small blurb from his latest blog, which more or less was just a rehash of nothing on the Heatley front. I did notice the last part, copied below that is a point of interest.

I keep reading in other locations that the Senators have interest in forward PJ Axelsson but thus far I've yet to hear anything concrete on this front.

Question is, do we want a guy that is 34, his cap hit last year was about 1.85 million, seems to be on a decline, 30 points in 75 games last year. Bertuzzi's cap his last year was 1.95 in comparison, and he had 44 points in 66 games, 15 of them goals and he plays a tougher style than Axelsson.

Per your points...why would the Senators want Axelsson? And how do they afford him if they're already over the cap?

Even if we could afford him, why would we want him? What dimension does he bring to this team of which we don't already have 100000 forwards capable of bringing.

Also, as most other forums have sort of inside jokes, you know at HB all trade proposals for a while were Ryder, Halak and a 2nd for pretty much anyone and everyone. I think the appropriate response from now on to all of your posts will involve some sort of reference to your team's cap situation.

A reply like this to your post for instance is what I'm talking about:

LOL LOL LOL LOL what about Chicago's cap? HAHAHA LMAO ROFL LMAO LOL LOL

It's a new technique I call "measured trolling".

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Laughing3

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:[Per your points...why would the Senators want Axelsson? And how do they afford him if they're already over the cap?

Even if we could afford him, why would we want him? What dimension does he bring to this team of which we don't already have 100000 forwards capable of bringing.

Also, as most other forums have sort of inside jokes, you know at HB all trade proposals for a while were Ryder, Halak and a 2nd for pretty much anyone and everyone. I think the appropriate response from now on to all of your posts will involve some sort of reference to your team's cap situation.

I asked a legitimate question about Axelsson.

You decided to be a jerk about it.

What does Chicago's cap have to do with Ottawa's...or are you so thin-skinned now that only Sens fans are allowed to ask these questions?
Laughing3

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Well, when a Chicago fan is questioning the senators cap situation while the Hawks are in a worse position, then yes, it is relevant.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

I think we could do it if we really wanted to cap wise, but you're right to question, there's no reason to add Axelsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Dave's comment was relevant. Would Ottawa want a guy like Axelsson? Probably not. We're over the cap as it is, do we bother manoeuvring money around to accommodate him? Probably not.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:

What does Chicago's cap have to do with Ottawa's...or are you so thin-skinned now that only Sens fans are allowed to ask these questions?
Laughing3

Nah, I'm a Sens fan and I didn't give myself permission to ask about Axelsson. However I did permit myself a quick answer - No. There is absolutely nothing we would gain from Axelsson over what we already have, except age and experience. Experience is nice and all, but we're talking about Kelly, not some wet-behind-the-ears rookie.

davetherave wrote:
PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:[Per your points...why would the Senators want Axelsson? And how do they afford him if they're already over the cap?

Laughing3

Laughing3

funny coming from a guy who gets testy every time someone questions how Chicago plans on handling their up-coming cap crunch or compares another teams players or structure to Chicagos.

People in glass houses.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shut the Diddle up. Seriously. All of you stop Diddle around. If I thought Dave was pushing buttons with that post, I'd PM him and tell him to stop. However, it's you Diddle guys that are pushing and poking. Stop. I hate being the guy who has to step in, hate it, but I will.

Shut the Diddle up and talk hockey in a respectful manner.

This site is starting to get exremely stupid. For a while, a long while, there were no posts like "LOLOLOL" and "hahahaha". Now, we have actually gone into the "well, what about your team" BS.

Dave brings up good points in an OTTAWA SENATORS thread and you guys talk about The Hawks...? How is that relivant? At all?

From people coming on here once to post one or two comments a week or a month just to start crap and so on, to people who have been posting here a while doing this crap, its garbage.

If you guys want to argue with each other cool, if you guys want to insult each other based on something relivant in a thread, I laugh at those too and do it as well.

The true Sens fan is starting to come out again around these boards... When a Sens fan trashes or questions the team they are bandwagon jumpers, when it's someone who loves another team they either hate The Sens or should just "worry about their own team". I'll post when again when people start having a little thicker skin.

Sorry to the admins who actually run the site pretty well but the last little while has been garbage.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:This site is starting to get exremely stupid. For a while, a long while, there were no posts like "LOLOLOL" and "hahahaha". Now, we have actually gone into the "well, what about your team" BS.

I totally agree. One the most irritating forms of "input" I've seen on Hockey forums. The constant refrains of "at least we're not the Leafs" on another site practically drove me away.

It's a real shame we can't just stick to this imminent PJ Axelsson deal, which I think has some real legs...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum