GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp reports Sens have interest in PJ Axelsson

+16
davetherave
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Anshu
Vandelay
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Mojo
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

we have 3rd liners already in our organization in Bingo that can fill the void nicely without having to bring someone in at a price (which strains our cap situation even more)

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
111519 wrote:Why cant axelsson play on the third line with alfie and kelly? put spezza and kovalev on the first line and folighno fisher shannon on the second. No one says you cant play the second and third line the same amount of time. Lets spread out the scoring!!

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Foligno Fisher Shannon (if edmonton deal goes down)
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

Potentially hurts the development of important young players like Winchester, Regin, Bass though.

I agree but there will be injury call ups for sure.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

IMO, the only way Murray goes after Axelsson is if he can move Kelly as part of a bigger deal with Heatley. Otherwise, it doesn't really serve much purpose when we need Regin etc. to get experience in the NHL.

The dream of the Meatball line getting re-united in Ottawa is probably not going to happen...so Axelsson will make a nice addition to someone else.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:Why cant axelsson play on the third line with alfie and kelly? put spezza and kovalev on the first line and folighno fisher shannon on the second. No one says you cant play the second and third line the same amount of time. Lets spread out the scoring!!

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

Alfie a 3rd liner and Cogliano a 4th line centre? On what line should I affix my vomit projectiles?

Axelsson is a nice player, wouldnt give him more than a 2 year deal @1.5, but Kelly would have to be on his way out for sure.

It's becoming pretty clear though the long term plan of The Sens is to let the prospects develope together in Bingo and really grow the core together. I 100% completly agree with Murray if he is trying to avoid having rookies in the lineup at this point and being part of a sh it show that they have no clue how to handle.

This is def a good year to just fill the lineup with short term solutions and build the real team down in Bingo. Imagine 2 or 3, as many as 4 rookies on this team, forced to answer questions about the coach and Heatley... no thanks, gimme Axelsson who has been around long enough and can deflect the questions and can play through the BS.

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

Alfie a 3rd liner and Cogliano a 4th line centre? On what line should I affix my vomit projectiles?

Do you think the foligno fisher shannon line should be broken up? I think they could all score 20-25 goals. If they do, they deserve to be on the second line. Alfie does not deserve to be on the third line but, if the second and third lines share the same amount of ice time there really is not a difference. Cogliano and Kelly could switch spots but again, cogliano is 22 years old-hardly a proven veteran.
Putting so much emphasis on what line you play, sounds like someone else we know doesn't it........cough heatley cough.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's set in stone that the FFS line will be broken up. Kovalev is Fisher's new wing man - unless something happens somewhere along the way.

The good news here is that Regin and Shannon have a history in Bingo. A very. very high scoring history, so that'll be something we can all hope translates to the NHL.

I will admit, if Regin doesn't make the team, I'm gonna be pissed. Z.Smith needs another year in the AHL IMO, but not Regin - and actually, not Bass either. They were towering about all other prospects at the DC.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

111519 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

Do you think the foligno fisher shannon line should be broken up? I think they could all score 20-25 goals. If they do, they deserve to be on the second line. Alfie does not deserve to be on the third line but, if the second and third lines share the same amount of ice time there really is not a difference. Cogliano and Kelly could switch spots but again, cogliano is 22 years old-hardly a proven veteran.
Putting so much emphasis on what line you play, sounds like someone else we know doesn't it........cough heatley cough.
As most have already said, there's just no point if Kelly is still a Sen.  I'd also like to point out that although Shannon made great strides under Clouston last year, we really don't know how he's going to do this year...we've all said it, one good season hardly proves anything...playing well for 1/3 of a season also doesn't prove anything.  Shanon is going to be a player that will always have to work his tale off to be successful... 

Anshu

Anshu
Prospect
Prospect

Vandelay wrote:
111519 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

As most have already said, there's just no point if Kelly is still a Sen. I'd also like to point out that although Shannon made great strides under Clouston last year, we really don't know how he's going to do this year...we've all said it, one good season hardly proves anything...playing well for 1/3 of a season also doesn't prove anything. Shanon is going to be a player that will always have to work his tale off to be successful...

I'm willing to give Shannon more time on the 2nd line. Take Axelson out of the picture (and assume the Heatley trade goes through), and I think the lineup looks pretty good.

Kovalev-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Penner-Cogliano-Regin
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

Donovan, Winchester and Bass are the odd men out.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Anshu wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
111519 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

As most have already said, there's just no point if Kelly is still a Sen. I'd also like to point out that although Shannon made great strides under Clouston last year, we really don't know how he's going to do this year...we've all said it, one good season hardly proves anything...playing well for 1/3 of a season also doesn't prove anything. Shanon is going to be a player that will always have to work his tale off to be successful...

I'm willing to give Shannon more time on the 2nd line. Take Axelson out of the picture (and assume the Heatley trade goes through), and I think the lineup looks pretty good.

Kovalev-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Penner-Cogliano-Regin
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

i would switch regin to center he is a good face off man and i am not sur ewho you would take out but i would like to try to get winchester in there

Kovalev-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno Fisher Shannon
FPenner- Regin-Cogliano
Winchester Neil

and take either kelly or ruutu out

Yo kidding me? Regin wont be on the team whith a 2 way deal and all those guys under contract. Like it or lump it, thats what's gonna happen unless those contracts are moved before camp.

There will be trades in season and that's when some of the rookies might get their shot, but it wont be out of camp the way things look right now. There will also be injuries and deadline deals where the young guns will get their shots.

Everyone can say that Regin is ready (I def think he is) and Bass deserves a spot, so on, but the reality is they will not pay guy a million dollars to sit in stands.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

when i say take either kelly or ruutu out i mean trade one or the other

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Anshu wrote:

Kovalev-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Penner-Cogliano-Regin
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

Yep, that's getting better. I'd keep the FFS line together, and switch Penner and Kovalev, and bam, you're got your 3 lines that can score:

Penner - Sepz - Alfie
Cogliano - Regin - Kovalev
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon

To do that, tho', you have to ship out Kelly. Absolutely no way you can have that guy playing on your 4th line, it's be pretty much a waste. Ruutu-Kelly-Neil would also be the most expensive 4th line in the business at $5.4 mil. Yikes. So, move Kelly, sub in Winchester, Donovan is your spare, and away you go.

The problem everyone on this site is coming to grips with is whoever gets stuck with Kelly is going to be a bad spot offensively. How many times have you read the following argument, in whatever form it takes: "Can't put player x with Kelly because he won't thrive there, etc." Penner. Shannon. Cogliano. Regin. And on and on and on. Either we load up our best 6 on the first two lines, or we don't. Either our 3rd line checks or it scores.

As long as we have Kelly around, this problem won't go away. So don't anyone get pissy when Penner, Shannon, Cogliano, or Regin have a bad year, production-wise, after they've played the whole season on a line centred by Kelly.

Again, unless some contracts are moved or injuries occure up front, Regin is not gonna start the year in Bingo. I like him as much as anyone but thats the reality of it.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Yo kidding me? Regin wont be on the team whith a 2 way deal and all those guys under contract. Like it or lump it, thats what's gonna happen unless those contracts are moved before camp.

There will be trades in season and that's when some of the rookies might get their shot, but it wont be out of camp the way things look right now. There will also be injuries and deadline deals where the young guns will get their shots.

Everyone can say that Regin is ready (I def think he is) and Bass deserves a spot, so on, but the reality is they will not pay guy a million dollars to sit in stands.

I totally agree. Too many people just don't understand how much of a leg up the 1-way deal is over the 2-way deal.

Whether or not there is an opening at the forward position might well hang on the Heatley return, tho'. If BM is still looking for 2 forwards in return, it's highly doubtful; if only 1, then it's downgraded to only doubtful.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Again, unless some contracts are moved or injuries occure up front, Regin is gonna start the year in Bingo. I like him as much as anyone but thats the reality of it.

Fixed.

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Yo kidding me? Regin wont be on the team whith a 2 way deal and all those guys under contract. Like it or lump it, thats what's gonna happen unless those contracts are moved before camp.

I totally agree. Too many people just don't understand how much of a leg up the 1-way deal is over the 2-way deal.

Whether or not there is an opening at the forward position might well hang on the Heatley return, tho'. If BM is still looking for 2 forwards in return, it's highly doubtful; if only 1, then it's downgraded to only doubtful.

Regin is absolutly ready for regular NHL duty but you're right, the contract is too easy to keep in Bingo whil everyone else is impossible to move.

All that said, there is still tons for Regin, Bass, so on to accomplish in Bingo. They havnt been in the playoffs in how long? There is still tons to learn for all of them grinding out the AHL schedual. Bringing in guys like Keller and St.Pierre will help all those guys develope a little more and hopefully they learn to play hard in a winning environment.

There is absolutly no garentee that the environment will be better then it will be in Bingo this year. Signing Kovalev was huge and puts The Sens in the playoff picture, but so many things can still go wrong in Ottawa.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, that doesn't please me. Why would Regin start in Bingo? There's room for him on line 3, centering Shannon (chemistry) and Kelly. Who takes that spot away? Bass? Not right now IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum