GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp reports Sens have interest in PJ Axelsson

+16
davetherave
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Anshu
Vandelay
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Mojo
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:The title of this thread is really misleading. What Chirp is saying is that he's reading OTHER people saying that the Sens are interested in Axelsson, but that he hasn't heard a peep from the organization to that effect.

Bloggers have been playing up the Alfie-Axelsson connection for years, since the lockout or whatever. Barring an unforeseen move (like trading one of our PKers, Kelly or Ruutu), I don't think anything will come of it.
DO we honestly believe that CHirp talks to teh Sens organization too? Shrug

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Zoolander wrote:Why? Is this a joke? We already have cap issues as it is. Not to mention Axelsson is redundant. I'd rather keep Kelly than persue Axelsson.
We don't have cap issues until the season starts. At this moment in time, the cap barely exisits.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:a little thing called the salary cap stands in our way there, unless you completely take zero salary back in the Heatley deal (impossible) and then sign those two.

Meh...Sundin's on his last legs, so 1 year, 3.5 is what I'd offer to re-unite them. Axelsson 1.5 for a one year deal. So 5 million. Kelly is gone if we do this obviously and hopefully you take minimal salary back for Heatley.

Just a dream anyway, never gonna happen.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:The title of this thread is really misleading. What Chirp is saying is that he's reading OTHER people saying that the Sens are interested in Axelsson, but that he hasn't heard a peep from the organization to that effect.

Bloggers have been playing up the Alfie-Axelsson connection for years, since the lockout or whatever. Barring an unforeseen move (like trading one of our PKers, Kelly or Ruutu), I don't think anything will come of it.

Don't blame Chirp on this one. He's NOT saying this. He's saying that other people are saying this, but he sees no supporting evidence.

Amazing how quick a story can get twisted beyond recognition.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:Amazing how quick a story can get twisted beyond recognition.
It truly is.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Don't blame Chirp on this one. He's NOT saying this. He's saying that other people are saying this, but he sees no supporting evidence.

Amazing how quick a story can get twisted beyond recognition.
Not blaming anyone, just stating the obvious here.

Anyway, I'm sure they do have "interest", but have they acted on that interest?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If we sign Axelsson, you know Kelly's on the next plane out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Montreal would be smart to offer him 1.2 X 2.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If we sign Axelsson, you know Kelly's on the next plane out.

I rather have Kelly over Axelsson.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Getting rid of Kelly to bring in Axelsson would make little sense ... not a move Murray will make.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
I rather have Kelly over Axelsson.

Why? They're extremely comparable.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Getting rid of Kelly to bring in Axelsson would make little sense ... not a move Murray will make.
KElly is going nowhere. He's the ultimate team guy and the sort of personality this team needs at this time.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to agree on that Jammer. It appears Murray is willing to pay a premium for that as evidenced by the deals both Kelly and Neil signed.

- Unknown Author

Sophomore
Sophomore

Why cant axelsson play on the third line with alfie and kelly? put spezza and kovalev on the first line and folighno fisher shannon on the second. No one says you cant play the second and third line the same amount of time. Lets spread out the scoring!!

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Foligno Fisher Shannon (if edmonton deal goes down)
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:Why cant axelsson play on the third line with alfie and kelly? put spezza and kovalev on the first line and folighno fisher shannon on the second. No one says you cant play the second and third line the same amount of time. Lets spread out the scoring!!

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

Potentially hurts the development of important young players like Winchester, Regin, Bass though.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

we have 3rd liners already in our organization in Bingo that can fill the void nicely without having to bring someone in at a price (which strains our cap situation even more)

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
111519 wrote:Why cant axelsson play on the third line with alfie and kelly? put spezza and kovalev on the first line and folighno fisher shannon on the second. No one says you cant play the second and third line the same amount of time. Lets spread out the scoring!!

Penner Spezza Kovalev
Alfie Kelly Axellson
Ruttu Cogliano Neil

Potentially hurts the development of important young players like Winchester, Regin, Bass though.

I agree but there will be injury call ups for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

IMO, the only way Murray goes after Axelsson is if he can move Kelly as part of a bigger deal with Heatley. Otherwise, it doesn't really serve much purpose when we need Regin etc. to get experience in the NHL.

The dream of the Meatball line getting re-united in Ottawa is probably not going to happen...so Axelsson will make a nice addition to someone else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum