GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp reports Sens have interest in PJ Axelsson

+16
davetherave
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
Anshu
Vandelay
TheAvatar
shabbs
jamvan
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Mojo
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shut the Diddle up. Seriously. All of you stop Diddle around. If I thought Dave was pushing buttons with that post, I'd PM him and tell him to stop. However, it's you Diddle guys that are pushing and poking. Stop. I hate being the guy who has to step in, hate it, but I will.

Shut the Diddle up and talk hockey in a respectful manner.

This site is starting to get exremely stupid. For a while, a long while, there were no posts like "LOLOLOL" and "hahahaha". Now, we have actually gone into the "well, what about your team" BS.

Dave brings up good points in an OTTAWA SENATORS thread and you guys talk about The Hawks...? How is that relivant? At all?

From people coming on here once to post one or two comments a week or a month just to start crap and so on, to people who have been posting here a while doing this crap, its garbage.

If you guys want to argue with each other cool, if you guys want to insult each other based on something relivant in a thread, I laugh at those too and do it as well.

The true Sens fan is starting to come out again around these boards... When a Sens fan trashes or questions the team they are bandwagon jumpers, when it's someone who loves another team they either hate The Sens or should just "worry about their own team". I'll post when again when people start having a little thicker skin.

Sorry to the admins who actually run the site pretty well but the last little while has been garbage.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:This site is starting to get exremely stupid. For a while, a long while, there were no posts like "LOLOLOL" and "hahahaha". Now, we have actually gone into the "well, what about your team" BS.

I totally agree. One the most irritating forms of "input" I've seen on Hockey forums. The constant refrains of "at least we're not the Leafs" on another site practically drove me away.

It's a real shame we can't just stick to this imminent PJ Axelsson deal, which I think has some real legs...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've said my piece, that's how I feel. No more of this off topic jabbing. It's annoying to more than just me judging my the comments - and we just won't let the site become a playground for silly feuding.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... is that a no on Axelsson?

Wink

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:This site is starting to get exremely stupid. For a while, a long while, there were no posts like "LOLOLOL" and "hahahaha". Now, we have actually gone into the "well, what about your team" BS.

I totally agree. One the most irritating forms of "input" I've seen on Hockey forums. The constant refrains of "at least we're not the Leafs" on another site practically drove me away.

It's a real shame we can't just stick to this imminent PJ Axelsson deal, which I think has some real legs...

Please no PJ... We are having enough trouble placing Kelly into our lineup, why would we do the same with Axelsson... They have similar Points per game numbers, but Axelsson is 36 and will be on the decrease, while Kelly is plateauing to where he is now. And he had a bad season last year, but I don't think it's too out of the question to think he'll be back to a 30ish point season next year. And I'd rather keep Kelly than sign Axelsson and save the 500k.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Please no PJ... We are having enough trouble placing Kelly into our lineup, why would we do the same with Axelsson... They have similar Points per game numbers, but Axelsson is 36 and will be on the decrease, while Kelly is plateauing to where he is now. And he had a bad season last year, but I don't think it's too out of the question to think he'll be back to a 30ish point season next year. And I'd rather keep Kelly than sign Axelsson and save the 500k.

Don't worry. Chirp was just essentially shooting down what he read on other blogs. I read the blogs in question and the rumours there are based on faulty logic rather than any real information or sources.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought we all pretty much shot it down right away. Why are we still going on about it? What did I miss?

Sens Chirp reports Sens have interest in PJ Axelsson - Page 6 0132129650085

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In a blaze of glory.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Could Alfie be the one pushing for PJ, I am pretty sure they are good buddies.

Would Alfie even involve himself in such deals?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TeamRenzo wrote:Could Alfie be the one pushing for PJ, I am pretty sure they are good buddies.

He can push all he wants for PJ to be on the Olympic team or the IIHF World Cup. There is nothing to this "rumor" unless we move 1-way contracts first.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:Could Alfie be the one pushing for PJ, I am pretty sure they are good buddies.

Maybe, but I hope not. He may have 'suggested' it though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thing is, why would he? Axelsson is OK where he is, it's not like he is looking for work. Alfredsson is the Captain and as such he will be looking out for the team's best interest. Axelsson would most-likely replace Kelly, but why? Because he's closer to retirement and therefore better for guys like Regin?

Wait, that almost makes sense. Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd rather have Big Bert.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Puking2 No more 3rd or 4th liners please. Let's get the kids playing before 2020.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amen!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Amen!
Can I get a hell yeah?

wprager