GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Its the risk and price you have to pay sometimes. Ottawa has never made a move like this aside from Yashin, and that turned out pretty well. The circumstances are different for sure, but it still might be what has to be done.

Get on the horn, phone Chara and see what Boston is offering. They're the team that can trump us.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Its the risk and price you have to pay sometimes. Ottawa has never made a move like this aside from Yashin, and that turned out pretty well. The circumstances are different for sure, but it still might be what has to be done.

Get on the horn, phone Chara and see what Boston is offering. They're the team that can trump us.

Boston may very well offer Rask.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Boston may very well offer Rask.

Why would they do that?

Because Boston has Thomas and could very well winthe cup this year. They may go for it big time this year. J Bo would make that team maybe the best team in the league, best in the East by a large Margin.

There isnt 1 hole on that team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At the 20 game mark they're the best. I had Jersey pegged as the best in the East, but I would agree it's Boston now. But holes? They have a stupendously average D core, with a goalie who's playing well above his head and the glaring need for a top line sniper who isn't named Ryder.

Bouwmeester would make their D much, much better obviously, but what of their secondary scoring? That'll kill them against the Sharks or Wings IMO.

Neely4Life wrote:Because Boston has Thomas and could very well winthe cup this year. They may go for it big time this year. J Bo would make that team maybe the best team in the league, best in the East by a large Margin.

There isnt 1 hole on that team.
I see one hole. they have an A-hole named Shawn Thornton :D

504Heater wrote:At the 20 game mark they're the best. I had Jersey pegged as the best in the East, but I would agree it's Boston now. But holes? They have a stupendously average D core, with a goalie who's playing well above his head and the glaring need for a top line sniper who isn't named Ryder.

Bouwmeester would make their D much, much better obviously, but what of their secondary scoring? That'll kill them against the Sharks or Wings IMO.

Widman is playing insane hockey, same with Ward not to mention Thomas. Everyone thinks Boston lost that trade that involved Boyes, well it was Widman coming the other way and he has been nothing short of great there to this point. That was a big piece to Boston's team.

Thomas has been playing over his head for 3 years now, I dont buy it anymore, he is a good goaltender and still isnt getting any respect.

They have snippers galour, Kessle, Savard, Bergeron, that Boston team is stacked. I dont think people appriciate how good that team is. Even right now I dont think its close, Boston is clearly the best team. Add J Bo there, I would rather just not make the playoffs if we are the Sens because we will end up 8th more than likely and its 4 and done. No one will touch Boston with J Bo and I have a hard time believing there is a team that can beat them now.

The D they have with the coaching, its anything but average.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

Widman is playing insane hockey, same with Ward not to mention Thomas. Everyone thinks Boston lost that trade that involved Boyes, well it was Widman coming the other way and he has been nothing short of great there to this point. That was a big piece to Boston's team.

Thomas has been playing over his head for 3 years now, I dont buy it anymore, he is a good goaltender and still isnt getting any respect.

They have snippers galour, Kessle, Savard, Bergeron, that Boston team is stacked. I dont think people appriciate how good that team is. Even right now I dont think its close, Boston is clearly the best team. Add J Bo there, I would rather just not make the playoffs if we are the Sens because we will end up 8th more than likely and its 4 and done. No one will touch Boston with J Bo and I have a hard time believing there is a team that can beat them now.

The D they have with the coaching, its anything but average.

I love this Bruins team, but their D is average IMO. Chara is awesome, Wideman I don't like, I don't think he's got the goods as an offensive D-man. Ference I don't like - and I think he got broken recently. Ward is average at best - although he seems to be better under Julien's system. Hnidy is a throw away, Stuart could get there one day, but I doubt it. Hanswick (sp) is looking pretty good - for now.

Nothing to write home about IMO. Now Boyle, Blake, Vlasic, Erhoff - those are a top 4 to be feared.

If they get Bouwmeester they can pare down some of the minutes Ward and Ference are getting - hopefully Hnidy too. As for their offense, I really believe they need a bonafide sniper to step in where Ryder is and plant the puck in the back of the net.

One way to win a Cup is to admit you made a mistake in signing a guy and try to remedy it.

Either way, their size is exciting, Lucic and Wheeler are monsters and Kobasew appears to be back. So yeah, they'll probably make it out of the East.

Im telling you, Widman has been playing great. Wether his numbers are there or not, he has been nothing but solid and can move the puck. Boston might have the best offense in the East and for the most part, most of them are not south of 25 years old.

Any Julian team has a good defense. Chara can play 30 mins a game, same with J Bo. That leaves 4 D man to play the last 30 mins if they get J Bo. You can ask anyone that watches Boston play (I do a lot, love the Bruins and good to see them back to form) and Widman has been great. If Boston's weak spot is its defense then I would just give up on the Sens making any noise in the playoffs. Thats more than likely the team we hit.

Boston with J Bo, save everyone time and just throw them in the finals. I think they are going there with or without him anyways.

Only problem with this team is their expierence, but I would have said that about Pitts last year too. They are basically in the same position with a way more balanced team, better goaltender, and way better coach.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Im telling you, Widman has been playing great. Wether his numbers are there or not, he has been nothing but solid and can move the puck. Boston might have the best offense in the East and for the most part, most of them are not south of 25 years old.

Any Julian team has a good defense. Chara can play 30 mins a game, same with J Bo. That leaves 4 D man to play the last 30 mins if they get J Bo. You can ask anyone that watches Boston play (I do a lot, love the Bruins and good to see them back to form) and Widman has been great. If Boston's weak spot is its defense then I would just give up on the Sens making any noise in the playoffs. Thats more than likely the team we hit.

Boston with J Bo, save everyone time and just throw them in the finals. I think they are going there with or without him anyways.

Only problem with this team is their expierence, but I would have said that about Pitts last year too. They are basically in the same position with a way more balanced team, better goaltender, and way better coach.

I do watch them a lot, it's a feeling I can't shake. Meh...we'll see how it all turns out.

We don't need to even bother though. I've maintained we'll be in the mix in 2010-11. It's a Bruins/Flyers/Montreal (they will die against the Bruins or Flyers) year with the Flyers and Bruins providing probably the best ECF in years.

I give up on Jersey. I thought they'd be top of the pops, but the Rolston injury hurt and the Brodeur injury killed, so...yeah...no dice.

The imposters are the Rangers, the Caps (you will never win with a crappy goalie like that) and to a much lesser degree the Pens and the Habs.

We're (Ottawa) not even worth discussing unless Auld continues and our offense wakes up.

I think the Caps dropped the ball with Theodore for sure, but they might be able to over come that against a few teams, again, it depends who they play.

Boston right now is head and shoulders better then everyone though. Pitts will be good once they have have Gonchar and Whitney back, they are still near the top so when they get back it will be interesting.

Boston/Pitt right now is mu pick for the ECF, and the expierence might get in Boston's way againsts Pitts, but if they get J Bo, they may win the cup.

Rangers will be lucky to make the playoffs, seriously.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I think the Caps dropped the ball with Theodore for sure, but they might be able to over come that against a few teams, again, it depends who they play.

Boston right now is head and shoulders better then everyone though. Pitts will be good once they have have Gonchar and Whitney back, they are still near the top so when they get back it will be interesting.

Boston/Pitt right now is mu pick for the ECF, and the expierence might get in Boston's way againsts Pitts, but if they get J Bo, they may win the cup.

Rangers will be lucky to make the playoffs, seriously.

The Rangers have built up a nice point cushion though, it would be an awesome fall from grace to see them miss.

Yeah, I guess I begrudgingly put Pitts in there (hate them).

I really think you need to start prepping for the Flyers to get much, much bigger at the deadline in preparation for a head to head with the Bruins.

And I think the time is ticking on the Caps trying to acquire an 'Auld'. As in someone who they know can come in and take the job away from Theodore. Roloson comes to mind (and yes, I think he sucks, but I think he could be the calming influence needed to perhaps guide the Caps).

If the Caps stumble *this* much, watch the Canes come for their throat though.

EDIT:
I have to disagree with you about the Bs winning the Cup - with or without Bow. You're going up against the very best teams the NHL has seen in a while with the Sharks and the Wings. They'll kill this year.

Johnsson will be the starter there by years end, ive maintained that for sometime now. Ive always kind of liked him as good guy to split time with, but he isnt a number 1 except in Washington and a few other places.

The Flyers just dont have it on D, if you think Ottawa has trouble in their own zone watch Philly play, and Biron isnt anything special either.

The Rangers are a joke and the biggest pretender in a long, long time. If it wasnt for Lunqvist they wouldnt even be in a playoff spot right now.

The only thing holding Boston up is their age and inexpierence. Savard also might be the best center in the East right now next to Malkin. The guy is playing the best hockey of his career and shows no signs in slowing up. Im not sure where he is in terms of points in the league, but his defensive game has gotten better and his offense has actually improved because of it.

Ottawa will be lucky to beat Boston once this year, you can basically put 4 more loses on our record minimum. Boston will end up with 110 plus points.

EDIT: Savard is 4th, wow, didnt even think he was that far up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah but the Flyers have an excuse, we don't really. When they get Coburn, Jones and Parent back they'll look a lot like last year's team.

Johnson is a nice backup, who had an awesome run this year, but against the super power offensive teams, there might be trouble.

Savard is amazing. Apparently he's shed some of his attitude as well, so that bodes well for the Bs.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Boston has too much of a secondary scoring problem. I'm not at all a fan of Ryder, but Savard, Kobasew, Krejci (awesome), Bergeron, Wheeler, Lucic etc. can put the puck in the net.

They'll be alright.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Heater, heard from Cronie on this rumour yet?

asq2 wrote:I don't think Boston has too much of a secondary scoring problem. I'm not at all a fan of Ryder, but Savard, Kobasew, Krejci (awesome), Bergeron, Wheeler, Lucic etc. can put the puck in the net.

They'll be alright.

That Boston team is scary good. Its not like they have any guys really pushing the end of their career's either. That could be the best team in the East for a long, long time to come.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spezza rules! wrote:Heater, heard from Cronie on this rumour yet?

I think it was basically the same rumour he heard as SensChirp, there's a substantial deal on the table. But trying to find out what's in that deal is apparently quite hard (I have nothing on this one, the gag order is in full effect).

Let's just hope that all this smoke produces some fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum