GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

if Fisher were to leave, the female population of the entire city would be devastated Smile (oh and undoutedly some guys too) :cyclops:

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:
charcater...character...isn't that all we have now...and look how that is paying off...

what we need is to continue with the youth movement...and Bouw fits that nicely...

keep Zubov up...keep Bass...

Verm...Neil...Schubs...see ya...

I'm afraid it's gonna be Neil with Vermette....I guess we could do that, but I don't really wanna.

I wouldn't really want to either, but I guess we kind of have too.. LOL

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:
charcater...character...isn't that all we have now...and look how that is paying off...

what we need is to continue with the youth movement...and Bouw fits that nicely...

keep Zubov up...keep Bass...

Verm...Neil...Schubs...see ya...

I'm afraid it's gonna be Neil with Vermette....I guess we could do that, but I don't really wanna.

my GF certainly will not be happy...she got mad at me the other day for even suggesting that Neil should be traded...

but in all seriousness...while I like Neil...and his hitting...Bass can fill that role...perhaps not hitting as much as Neil...but still it will work out...and with Fish back...the hitting should be fine...

Verm...Neil...Schubs...for Bouw...(signed to an extension of course!!)

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Or all three? Would help Ottawa to get rid of some of that extra weight.

Vermette and Lee are good enough though. Perhaps you save Schubert + to acquire a forward to replace Vermette, but to me the bottom line is - as GM - you've done what you needed to do to begin to vastly upgrade the D.

Maybe Schubert and a 2nd (?) for Ohlund as well. Have a real 6 D that we can be proud of. If we play the cards very well we could re-sign both Ohlund and Bow and still have Phillips and A-Train and Picard (hopefully) and Smith. Then the wait begins for Smith to become UFA, Picard to be trade bait and Karlsson and Wiercoch to be ready in 2 years.

All the master plan (except for Ohlund). :pirat:

OK, where do we sign?? I am fine with giving up Vermie, Schubie and Neiler, and even Lee. Get the deal done Murray!!!!

COLLAR UP wrote:
504Heater wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Or all three? Would help Ottawa to get rid of some of that extra weight.

Vermette and Lee are good enough though. Perhaps you save Schubert + to acquire a forward to replace Vermette, but to me the bottom line is - as GM - you've done what you needed to do to begin to vastly upgrade the D.

Maybe Schubert and a 2nd (?) for Ohlund as well. Have a real 6 D that we can be proud of. If we play the cards very well we could re-sign both Ohlund and Bow and still have Phillips and A-Train and Picard (hopefully) and Smith. Then the wait begins for Smith to become UFA, Picard to be trade bait and Karlsson and Wiercoch to be ready in 2 years.

All the master plan (except for Ohlund). :pirat:

Is it just me...but I don't find Ohlund the least bit inspiring...nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing about Ohlund has me the least bit excited about acquiring him...

but again I ask...is it just me?

Im indifferent, if we get him, he could make us a little better on the back end, if not, I dont see the team being that worse off. Minor improvement if any to be honest IMO.

Aside from giving up Spezza, Heatley, Alfi, Fisher, A Train, and some of the other young guys, there isnt a lot I wouldnt give up to get J Bo. If Ottawa's offer is the best, which I believe it is just simply because of the needs we have, then not much else we can do. Its basically up to Martin, but with teams up to the cap the way they are, and more than likely the need to take back salary of Florida's end, it should hamper other teams deals.

Vermette going the other way is basically an 100% garentee, I dont see neil moving just because he is a UFA and may not be what Martin want, but who knows what Martin will do.

I would say San Jose's 1st and Vermette is the going rate, plus a prospect (Zubov or Lee) IMO. If Murray gets J Bo for less than that, he is a genius. I would want to part with Lee before Zubov, but again, Im not on the phone.

Neely4Life wrote:Aside from giving up Spezza, Heatley, Alfi, Fisher, A Train, and some of the other young guys, there isnt a lot I wouldnt give up to get J Bo. If Ottawa's offer is the best, which I believe it is just simply because of the needs we have, then not much else we can do. Its basically up to Martin, but with teams up to the cap the way they are, and more than likely the need to take back salary of Florida's end, it should hamper other teams deals.

Vermette going the other way is basically an 100% garentee, I dont see neil moving just because he is a UFA and may not be what Martin want, but who knows what Martin will do.

I would say San Jose's 1st and Vermette is the going rate, plus a prospect (Zubov or Lee) IMO. If Murray gets J Bo for less than that, he is a genius. I would want to part with Lee before Zubov, but again, Im not on the phone.

Sounds about right, although I think the pick would be conditional based on resigning J-Bo.

RobbyJ wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Aside from giving up Spezza, Heatley, Alfi, Fisher, A Train, and some of the other young guys, there isnt a lot I wouldnt give up to get J Bo. If Ottawa's offer is the best, which I believe it is just simply because of the needs we have, then not much else we can do. Its basically up to Martin, but with teams up to the cap the way they are, and more than likely the need to take back salary of Florida's end, it should hamper other teams deals.

Sounds about right, although I think the pick would be conditional based on resigning J-Bo.

Ya, but it might be an additional pick like Ottawa's 2nd rounder. Its going to take a 1st rounder to get J Bo out of Florida to start a convo.

Prob be like
Vermette
Lee (I hope)
San Jose 1st
Ottawa's 2nd (conditional to J Bo signing)

for J Bo
might even be able to score Wiess in the right package.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports that "the rumour mill suggests that Florida's Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver's Mattias Ohlund can be had for the right price, that price would cost the Senators at least one if not two players from the current roster."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: And those players won't be a package of struggling Sens Antoine Vermette and Christoph Schubert as one reader recently suggested to me. One of those players could be part of a package offer but that offer would have to include another, better player. As I've noted both here and in my latest Hockey News column the Senators lack the available trade chips to land players like Bouwmeester and Ohlund.

>>> What do you guys think of Spector's take on this? It's a bit depressing if he's right on this one.

strachattack wrote:OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports that "the rumour mill suggests that Florida's Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver's Mattias Ohlund can be had for the right price, that price would cost the Senators at least one if not two players from the current roster."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: And those players won't be a package of struggling Sens Antoine Vermette and Christoph Schubert as one reader recently suggested to me. One of those players could be part of a package offer but that offer would have to include another, better player. As I've noted both here and in my latest Hockey News column the Senators lack the available trade chips to land players like Bouwmeester and Ohlund.

>>> What do you guys think of Spector's take on this? It's a bit depressing if he's right on this one.

Thats about right and I think the guy Martin really wants is Fisher. Its going to be hard to get him to waive that NMC.

Schubert is useless and isnt worth the contract his paper is written on.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

One can only make the comparisons to Campbell (traded for young roster player and a 1st) and Boyle (young roster player, prospect, and 1st, and 4th rounders). The difference between these trades and the Florida situation is

A) Campbell was a rental
B) Boyle was traded by idiots

Either way, Vermette's value can easily be compared with Bernier or Carle's, we have two 1st rounders and most of our other picks with which to deal, and Bouw isn't under contract.

A package involving Vermette, Lee, Schubert and a 1st would be of greater trade value than was given up for either Campbell OR Boyle, and so to write off the trade as saying that these players aren't available trade chips is seriously under/overvaluing (depending on your position) the situation.

mattshock wrote:One can only make the comparisons to Campbell (traded for young roster player and a 1st) and Boyle (young roster player, prospect, and 1st, and 4th rounders). The difference between these trades and the Florida situation is

A) Campbell was a rental
B) Boyle was traded by idiots

Either way, Vermette's value can easily be compared with Bernier or Carle's, we have two 1st rounders and most of our other picks with which to deal, and Bouw isn't under contract.

A package involving Vermette, Lee, Schubert and a 1st would be of greater trade value than was given up for either Campbell OR Boyle, and so to write off the trade as saying that these players aren't available trade chips is seriously under/overvaluing (depending on your position) the situation.

Schubert is a spare part on 95% of the teams in the league, he is a good depth guy for a team like Anahiem right now who may need a D. he will be traded for future considerations IMO, or something of the sort.

Neely4Life wrote:
strachattack wrote:OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports that "the rumour mill suggests that Florida's Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver's Mattias Ohlund can be had for the right price, that price would cost the Senators at least one if not two players from the current roster."

Thats about right and I think the guy Martin really wants is Fisher. Its going to be hard to get him to waive that NMC.

I tend to agree - unless Martin is willing to give him up for parts (Vermette, Neil, Schubert etc). To get a major player, one needs to go the other way, and I don't think we've got one that will go.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:

OK, that's going a bit too far. The guy is a big body with a good shot from the point.

Sure, he might not be a great fit on our roster but he could DEFINITELY find work elsewhere, and that contract btw, I can't say much for the quality of paper used, but the financial terms of it are very nice.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I tend to agree - unless Martin is willing to give him up for parts (Vermette, Neil, Schubert etc). To get a major player, one needs to go the other way, and I don't think we've got one that will go.

If Murray traded a major player for a pending UFA and didn't have him under contract within 24 hours I would be furious.

J Bo cant even sign a new contract until Jan 1, he has already signed one this year.

Scubert is an extremely stupid player, and has a piss poor attitude. He said in PUBLIC that this is ruining his career playing forward and he wasnt happy, its not surprising he is in the stands watching.

Schubert thinks he is way better than he is, and he is a guy that is worth about a 5th round pick or higher.

Martin defently wont take our spare parts, thats for sure. The no movement clause that Fisher has is hampering this team in a big way right now.

mattshock wrote:
B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

If Murray traded a major player for a pending UFA and didn't have him under contract within 24 hours I would be furious.

true, but why would JBO sign an agreement with Ottawa without testing free agency - isn't that what many players play for? its not like he has any loyalty to the Sens like others have (who have recently signed with us)

J Bo wants out of Florida more than he wants to test the free agent market. There really isnt a guy in Florida that truley wants to be there aside from maybe Stillman.

If Murray can convicne him this is a winning team (if we get him) offer him a fair contract that he could recieve as a UFA, and the future here looks bright, he can do it.

If J Bo just leaves Ottawa when everyone know the situation here is A LOT better than Florida, and if its a good offer, it may raise some eyebrows, be it no one wants to play here or J Bo just wants the cash.

This is a move that could be very benificial for both parties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum