GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

J Bo cant even sign a new contract until Jan 1, he has already signed one this year.

Scubert is an extremely stupid player, and has a piss poor attitude. He said in PUBLIC that this is ruining his career playing forward and he wasnt happy, its not surprising he is in the stands watching.

Schubert thinks he is way better than he is, and he is a guy that is worth about a 5th round pick or higher.

Martin defently wont take our spare parts, thats for sure. The no movement clause that Fisher has is hampering this team in a big way right now.

mattshock wrote:
B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
strachattack wrote:OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports that "the rumour mill suggests that Florida's Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver's Mattias Ohlund can be had for the right price, that price would cost the Senators at least one if not two players from the current roster."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: And those players won't be a package of struggling Sens Antoine Vermette and Christoph Schubert as one reader recently suggested to me. One of those players could be part of a package offer but that offer would have to include another, better player. As I've noted both here and in my latest Hockey News column the Senators lack the available trade chips to land players like Bouwmeester and Ohlund.

>>> What do you guys think of Spector's take on this? It's a bit depressing if he's right on this one.

Thats about right and I think the guy Martin really wants is Fisher. Its going to be hard to get him to waive that NMC.

Schubert is useless and isnt worth the contract his paper is written on.

I tend to agree - unless Martin is willing to give him up for parts (Vermette, Neil, Schubert etc). To get a major player, one needs to go the other way, and I don't think we've got one that will go.

If Murray traded a major player for a pending UFA and didn't have him under contract within 24 hours I would be furious.

true, but why would JBO sign an agreement with Ottawa without testing free agency - isn't that what many players play for? its not like he has any loyalty to the Sens like others have (who have recently signed with us)

J Bo wants out of Florida more than he wants to test the free agent market. There really isnt a guy in Florida that truley wants to be there aside from maybe Stillman.

If Murray can convicne him this is a winning team (if we get him) offer him a fair contract that he could recieve as a UFA, and the future here looks bright, he can do it.

If J Bo just leaves Ottawa when everyone know the situation here is A LOT better than Florida, and if its a good offer, it may raise some eyebrows, be it no one wants to play here or J Bo just wants the cash.

This is a move that could be very benificial for both parties.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
strachattack wrote:OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports that "the rumour mill suggests that Florida's Jay Bouwmeester and Vancouver's Mattias Ohlund can be had for the right price, that price would cost the Senators at least one if not two players from the current roster."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: And those players won't be a package of struggling Sens Antoine Vermette and Christoph Schubert as one reader recently suggested to me. One of those players could be part of a package offer but that offer would have to include another, better player. As I've noted both here and in my latest Hockey News column the Senators lack the available trade chips to land players like Bouwmeester and Ohlund.

>>> What do you guys think of Spector's take on this? It's a bit depressing if he's right on this one.

Thats about right and I think the guy Martin really wants is Fisher. Its going to be hard to get him to waive that NMC.

That is depressing then because I don't see this deal getting done if it means moving Fisher. I don't see it happening because of the NMC. J-Bo probably isn't a possibility so I guess I should set my sights on the reality of Murray bringing in someone like Ohlund.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

So you'd be ok with a major player going the other way for an unsigned Bouwmeester?

mattshock wrote:So you'd be ok with a major player going the other way for an unsigned Bouwmeester?

I'm saying that there's no way this deal happens any time soon simply because until Jan 1, it will be for an unsigned JBO, unless there's a way around it. Wouldn't Florida be smarter to wait until he's worth more?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

That is depressing then because I don't see this deal getting done if it means moving Fisher. I don't see it happening because of the NMC. J-Bo probably isn't a possibility so I guess I should set my sights on the reality of Murray bringing in someone like Ohlund.

I maintain Vermette and Schubert (attitude aside) are both young NHL players, which when packaged with 1st rounders are the going rate for elite puck moving defensemen. Especially pending UFAs.

While Martin might inquire about Fisher, but Vermette is a valid starting point, and Mike's NMC pretty much makes him impossible to move (not that I think it's in the clubs best interest to do so). Add Lee into the mix and you've got a VERY serious offer to consider.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
mattshock wrote:So you'd be ok with a major player going the other way for an unsigned Bouwmeester?

I'm saying that there's no way this deal happens any time soon simply because until Jan 1, it will be for an unsigned JBO, unless there's a way around it. Wouldn't Florida be smarter to wait until he's worth more?

I'd say it depends what goes Florida's way, and if there are any other players involved.

Lots of factors involved. Something will likely happen, and the most likely scenario is always the trade deadline, but you never know.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think he's wrong personally. If we offer a package of Vermette, Lee and a conditional pick, that should be more than enough to please Martin.

Its the risk and price you have to pay sometimes. Ottawa has never made a move like this aside from Yashin, and that turned out pretty well. The circumstances are different for sure, but it still might be what has to be done.

That being said I dont see Fisher waiving anyways. Fisher is replaceable anyways and he is 4.2 million. It would be good from Ottawa's end for more than just 1 reason.

Again, ALL that said, I dont see a team giving up a huge roster player like that to get a pending UFA that doesnt want to play in the place he is.

strachattack wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Asking Fisher for a pending UFA you can't sign, is overpaying IMO. It would indicate that Martin is ripping us off. I think it is fair to compare Bouwmeester to Brian Campbell.

Campbell was traded last year as a UFA with a 7th round pick for Bernier and a 1st. I think if we give this as a comparison, Vermette and a 1st should be enough. Trade deadline deals give you the highest return so not taking back the seventh is more than generous IMO.

The package for J Bo starts with a 1st rounder, people gotta realize that. It will also take at least 1 forward. The word might be out about Lee by now, but if not get him out of Ottawa ASAP.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I was Martin, I would take Vermette, Lee and a 1st for Bow, without blinking and eye. Nice package. That can help me out big time.

Done deal.

Unless...Boston is offering Kessel and ________.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:
strachattack wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

I maintain Vermette and Schubert (attitude aside) are both young NHL players, which when packaged with 1st rounders are the going rate for elite puck moving defensemen. Especially pending UFAs.

While Martin might inquire about Fisher, but Vermette is a valid starting point, and Mike's NMC pretty much makes him impossible to move (not that I think it's in the clubs best interest to do so). Add Lee into the mix and you've got a VERY serious offer to consider.

Thanks for the clarification! When you put it like that it's not so bad. Still, I think I should temper my enthusiasm for getting J-Bo somewhat. I got carried away reading some posts (rumours) and got pretty excited at the notion. For the record, I don't think dealing Fisher away is a good idea for the club either. At least not now.

At some point the Sens are going to have to make a move. If they think they have a shot at signing J Bo in the off season, why wait? Call me crazy, but this is a better team with J Bo right away if Fisher is going the other way.

Take your shot now while no one else has a chance, otherwise we may be looking at who is available in 2010.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Its the risk and price you have to pay sometimes. Ottawa has never made a move like this aside from Yashin, and that turned out pretty well. The circumstances are different for sure, but it still might be what has to be done.

Get on the horn, phone Chara and see what Boston is offering. They're the team that can trump us.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Get on the horn, phone Chara and see what Boston is offering. They're the team that can trump us.

Boston may very well offer Rask.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Boston may very well offer Rask.

Why would they do that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum