GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp posting Sens in pursuit of Bouwmeester

+11
dennycrane
asq2
mattshock
strachattack
smash88
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
Riprock
PTFlea
shabbs
LethalLehner
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

Heater, heard from Cronie on this rumour yet?

asq2 wrote:I don't think Boston has too much of a secondary scoring problem. I'm not at all a fan of Ryder, but Savard, Kobasew, Krejci (awesome), Bergeron, Wheeler, Lucic etc. can put the puck in the net.

They'll be alright.

That Boston team is scary good. Its not like they have any guys really pushing the end of their career's either. That could be the best team in the East for a long, long time to come.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spezza rules! wrote:Heater, heard from Cronie on this rumour yet?

I think it was basically the same rumour he heard as SensChirp, there's a substantial deal on the table. But trying to find out what's in that deal is apparently quite hard (I have nothing on this one, the gag order is in full effect).

Let's just hope that all this smoke produces some fire.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
That Boston team is scary good. Its not like they have any guys really pushing the end of their career's either. That could be the best team in the East for a long, long time to come.

They're fun, but in a cap world it can't last too long. Thems the breaks. Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I don't think Boston has too much of a secondary scoring problem. I'm not at all a fan of Ryder, but Savard, Kobasew, Krejci (awesome), Bergeron, Wheeler, Lucic etc. can put the puck in the net.

They'll be alright.

Not a 'problem', but if they're gonna go for the Cup, I can see them going after Gaborik instead of Bouwmeester. Like they tried for Hossa this summer instead of Campbell, Streit etc.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

They'll be alright.

Not a 'problem', but if they're gonna go for the Cup, I can see them going after Gaborik instead of Bouwmeester. Like they tried for Hossa this summer instead of Campbell, Streit etc.

I forgot to mention Sturm. I think their offence is pretty solid.

Just my opinion, but I think Bouwmeester would be a better fit. Potentially having him anchor the second-pairing behind Chara makes up for any lack of production scoring-wise.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:
spezza rules! wrote:Heater, heard from Cronie on this rumour yet?

I think it was basically the same rumour he heard as SensChirp, there's a substantial deal on the table. But trying to find out what's in that deal is apparently quite hard (I have nothing on this one, the gag order is in full effect).

Let's just hope that all this smoke produces some fire.

Here is hoping that the deal goes through. I would be nice to celebrate a win on Thursday night (optimistic) as well as J-Bo joining the team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

They'll be alright.

Just my opinion, but I think Bouwmeester would be a better fit. Potentially having him anchor the second-pairing behind Chara makes up for any lack of production scoring-wise.

That makes sense as well. Your depending on Kessel, Savard et. al to continue at their pace though. Let's see what Chia does.

EDIT: Although, one thing he won't do is stand pat like his former boss in Ottawa. :x

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spezza rules! wrote:
Here is hoping that the deal goes through. I would be nice to celebrate a win on Thursday night (optimistic) as well as J-Bo joining the team.

Yes please. I really want to do this and then start preliminary talks with him. Badly.

He's gonna have to realize that he won't win a Cup this year though, but the future would be significantly brighter.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Murray would be a fool to make this sort of trade without having an extension already in place. To get someone like Jay B., it won't just cost you Vermette+.

Look at what big-name players go for at the trade deadline:
1 roster player
1 top prospect
2 draft picks, at least 1 1st rd.

So Vermette, Lee, 1st, 2nd might be the marketplace. I agree that it is overpaying, but that is what you likely have to do to get a star.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

On the topic of Jay Bouwmeester:

http://wayoffside.wordpress.com/2007/11/05/presentingthe-nhls-first-all-star-dui-team/

(Insert joke about Bryan Murray bringing in quality guys here)

dennycrane wrote:On the topic of Jay Bouwmeester:

http://wayoffside.wordpress.com/2007/11/05/presentingthe-nhls-first-all-star-dui-team/

Yup. defently heard about his alcohol problems for sure. There have been other instances then that as well.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

They'll be alright.

That makes sense as well. Your depending on Kessel, Savard et. al to continue at their pace though. Let's see what Chia does.

EDIT: Although, one thing he won't do is stand pat like his former boss in Ottawa. :x
Man, I forgot Kessel as well?

In my defence, it was off of the top of my head, but he's become a pretty important figure on that list.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

Yup. defently heard about his alcohol problems for sure. There have been other instances then that as well.

What? Really? For Diddle sake...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Murray would be a fool to make this sort of trade without having an extension already in place. To get someone like Jay B., it won't just cost you Vermette+.

Look at what big-name players go for at the trade deadline:
1 roster player
1 top prospect
2 draft picks, at least 1 1st rd.

So Vermette, Lee, 1st, 2nd might be the marketplace. I agree that it is overpaying, but that is what you likely have to do to get a star.

So what you're saying is....

If Murray was to acquire him it would take Vermette, Lee and a 1st...and at the deadline if we can't reach a deal with him long term, what could we expect to get back from some desperate West team (or East, I'm not picky)?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:J Bo wants out of Florida more than he wants to test the free agent market. There really isnt a guy in Florida that truley wants to be there aside from maybe Stillman.

If Murray can convicne him this is a winning team (if we get him) offer him a fair contract that he could recieve as a UFA, and the future here looks bright, he can do it.

If J Bo just leaves Ottawa when everyone know the situation here is A LOT better than Florida, and if its a good offer, it may raise some eyebrows, be it no one wants to play here or J Bo just wants the cash.

This is a move that could be very benificial for both parties.

unfortunately Stillman is probably lending him the 10 foot pole....

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

What? Really? For Diddle sake...

Yup, apparently a big of an Alki from all accounts. A real wierd dude on top of everything else though, haha, like really wierd.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

J Bo wants to play on a winner, and Ottawa has made the playoffs for over a decade. As far as Stillman, players have short memories about good and bad teams. If the money is there, J Bo would consider coming here.

They have to get him now, as the Sens won't have the cap space to get into an auction for J Bo on July 1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum