GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 49]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Gave it some thought. This should be the makeup of our lineup heading into next season.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-XXXX
XXXX-Pinto-Giroux
Joseph-XXXX-Batherson
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Extra: Norris (IR)

Chabot-XXXX
Sanderson-XXXX
XXXX-Zub

Korpisalo
XXXX

In a perfect world, we're able to lure two ex Ottawa 67s via UFA (Toffoli, Monahan), sign one RHD (Tanev or Walker) and we can fill some holes internally (Kleven, Crookshank, Halliday, Jarventie). In a Chychrun trade, I also hope to get a stud prospect (someone like Perfetti out of Winnipeg, Savoie out of Edmonton, etc)

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Toffoli
Perfetti-Pinto-Giroux
Joseph-Monahan-Batherson
Crookshank-Halliday-Vet RW/PKer

Chabot-Trade for RHD using Det/Bos 1st ++
Sanderson-Tanev
Kleven-Zub

Korpisalo
UFA goalie

That’s a lot of people replaced.
I don’t think any team has managed to have such a high turn over in one season.
I like that you’ve finally come around to keeping Batherson hahaha.

I get that we are likely to trade Chycrun but man… are we just lining up to create a huge gap on our line up when Chabot spends half the season on IR every year?

I maintain that it’s chabot that should be dealt. You can still get a solid defensive RHD for him but probably not much else.
We’re gonna need one to play with Chychrun if he continues to play recklessly defensively.

I consider it highly unlikely that Taney signs here. Apparently he’s US bound.
I think crookshank is definitely making a case to make the team right out of camp.

What UFA goalie do you have pegged for the job?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bunting is a guy I wouldn’t mind the sens take a look at. I wonder if Pittsburg would be open to trading him. Can play up and down the line up.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Gave it some thought. This should be the makeup of our lineup heading into next season.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-XXXX
XXXX-Pinto-Giroux
Joseph-XXXX-Batherson
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Chabot-XXXX
Sanderson-XXXX
XXXX-Zub

Korpisalo
XXXX

In a perfect world, we're able to lure two ex Ottawa 67s via UFA (Toffoli, Monahan), sign one RHD (Tanev or Walker) and we can fill some holes internally (Kleven, Crookshank, Halliday, Jarventie). In a Chychrun trade, I also hope to get a stud prospect (someone like Perfetti out of Winnipeg, Savoie out of Edmonton, etc)

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Toffoli
Perfetti-Pinto-Giroux
Joseph-Monahan-Batherson
Crookshank-Halliday-Vet RW/PKer

Chabot-Trade for RHD using Det/Bos 1st ++
Sanderson-Tanev
Kleven-Zub

Korpisalo
UFA goalie

That’s a lot of people replaced.
I don’t think any team has managed to have such a high turn over in one season.
I like that you’ve finally come around to keeping Batherson hahaha.

I get that we are likely to trade Chycrun but man… are we just lining up to create a huge gap on our line up when Chabot spends half the season on IR every year?

I maintain that it’s chabot that should be dealt. You can still get a solid defensive RHD for him but probably not much else.
We’re gonna need one to play with Chychrun if he continues to play recklessly defensively.

I consider it highly unlikely that Taney signs here. Apparently he’s US bound.
I think crookshank is definitely making a case to make the team right out of camp.

What UFA goalie do you have pegged for the job?  

And where's Ridly? He could easily be the 3LC.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yes. Forgot Ridley. Batherson is still our best trade chip imo but maybe he's a deadline guy if the Sens disappoint again.

As for lots of action, we have a ton of cap space and a good GM would clean up Dorions mess

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens shouldn't have won the game against the Oilers but, oh, man, that team is full of holes. Not sure they will make it out of the second round.

Then there was the Sabres. All those first overall picks and they got clobbered by our bottom six. Byram didn't want to play in the shadow of Makar so now he's on a team with *two* 1st overall D-men. Wonder how that will turn out. That said, they are definitely better than the team playing last night. Once their goalies get a bit more experience that's going to be a solid team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

7in 10. Classic end of the season sens.

Play well when it don’t count.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:7in 10. Classic end of the season sens.

Play well when it don’t count.

The odds difference is nominal. Also lots of Russians in the top of the draft. I'm okay drafting in the 7-10 range.

Lindstrom, Parekh, Buium, Yakemchuk , Helenius, should all be there at 7. Even at 26 (Boston?) we could get Mews, Elick, or I'd even reach on Letorneau. It's a deep draft this year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah they weren’t going to lose every game and finish at the bottom so it’s kind of irrelevant

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It means more that Korpisalo gets some confidence and the Sens assess some of their depth guys vs increase our chance at 1st overall by a few percentage points.

Example, I was not impressed by Klevin last night. But a few more games may make a difference

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It means more that Korpisalo gets some confidence and the Sens assess some of their depth guys vs increase our chance at 1st overall by a few percentage points.

Example, I was not impressed by Klevin last night. But a few more games may make a difference

Unfortunately I was out and did not get to watch the game -- just the game recap on YouTube -- so I can't comment on your assessment of Kleven. Couldn't have been that bad if they kept them to 19 shots on goal.

But I have to say something about the "few percentage points". There's no way they could have "caught" San Jose, Chicago or Anaheim. Of the 9 games Columbus has left to play they've got 2 against Carolina, 1 each against the Florida teams, 1 against Colorado, 1 against the hottest team in the league -- Nashville and the remaining three against teams still with a chance at playoffs (Philly, NYI, Pittsburgh). I don't think they can catch the Blue Jackets.

So the best they could have done was drop two spots into Arizona's position. That's a change from a 6.5% chance to 8.5%. Two percentage points isn't really "a few".

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It means more that Korpisalo gets some confidence and the Sens assess some of their depth guys vs increase our chance at 1st overall by a few percentage points.

Unfortunately I was out and did not get to watch the game -- just the game recap on YouTube -- so I can't comment on your assessment of Kleven.  Couldn't have been that bad if they kept them to 19 shots on goal.

But I have to say something about the "few percentage points".  There's no way they could have "caught" San Jose, Chicago or Anaheim.  Of the 9 games Columbus has left to play they've got 2 against Carolina, 1 each against the Florida teams, 1 against Colorado, 1 against the hottest team in the league -- Nashville and the remaining three against teams still with a chance at playoffs (Philly, NYI, Pittsburgh).  I don't think they can catch the Blue Jackets.

So the best they could have done was drop two spots into Arizona's position.  That's a change from a 6.5% chance to 8.5%.  Two percentage points isn't really "a few".

I think we're saying the same thing? Unless you're differentiating a couple (2) from a few (3-4)?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We say this every year.
If you need wins to evaluate players, you’re not paying attention.

Albeit I will concede that there’s plenty of good players in the top 10.

That said maybe those extra 2-3% is that one to get you that lottery ball. Ask the rangers and NJ how they feel about jumping ahead. It happens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

Unfortunately I was out and did not get to watch the game -- just the game recap on YouTube -- so I can't comment on your assessment of Kleven.  Couldn't have been that bad if they kept them to 19 shots on goal.

But I have to say something about the "few percentage points".  There's no way they could have "caught" San Jose, Chicago or Anaheim.  Of the 9 games Columbus has left to play they've got 2 against Carolina, 1 each against the Florida teams, 1 against Colorado, 1 against the hottest team in the league -- Nashville and the remaining three against teams still with a chance at playoffs (Philly, NYI, Pittsburgh).  I don't think they can catch the Blue Jackets.

So the best they could have done was drop two spots into Arizona's position.  That's a change from a 6.5% chance to 8.5%.  Two percentage points isn't really "a few".

I think we're saying the same thing? Unless you're differentiating a couple (2) from a few (3-4)?

That's what I set out to suggest, initially. I thought the difference between where they are and where they could conceivably fall to was only about 1%. When I did the checking it was 2% which was more than I expected.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping Boston has a 1st Rd blunder. That's a more important and consequential situation. If they get upset in the first rd it could be a pick in the late teens/early 20s vs a pick in high 20s. It also helps the trade value should we look at using it to address a team need.

I don't know the players in the draft that we'll but I am hoping we walk out with a RHD and a RW

Yalemchuk and Parekh should be in the 1st pick range. Same with Lindstrom. And there should be some decent RHD options at the mid to bottom range of the 1st rd too

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It pains me to see chychrun be this good offensively while chabot has struggled in the last few seasons.

I don’t know how I see trading chychrun and keeping chabot who is gonna likely spend half seasons injured a good idea.
What we need is a solid shut down Dman to partner up with Chychrun.

I know chabot would bring back a lesser return but who cares. We want to field a good team next year and bring down both Chychrun and Chabot because he’s injured is just going to create another hole

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I was thinking the exact same thing. Chabot at his best is not as good as Chychrun at his best, and while Chychrun is worse defensively it's not by much. I was also thinking Sanderson is looking more and more like Karlsson without the booming shot.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing. Chabot at his best is not as good as Chychrun at his best, and while Chychrun is worse defensively it's not by much. I was also thinking Sanderson is looking more and more like Karlsson without the booming shot.

in what way does Sanderson look like kalrsson?

Chychrun wants to stay in ottawa (apparently). It be stupid to keep the guy that’s constantly injured and is walking in the rest of his contract with a NTC.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sanderson is an elite skater. He's so good handling the puck along the blue line and getting his shots through.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum