GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 49]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hard to say. The forward group is good enough. The defense and goaltending remain problematic. But maybe there's an avenue where we can add a goalie this summer. Maybe via Chabot trade?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can honestly see a scenario where both Chabot and Chych are here next season, they're both gone, or only one of them is here. I really don't know what's going to happen there. 

I can also see a situation where the Sens make a real push for Saros.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot makes more money but there’s no way I’d get rid of him over chychrun. Chabot is much more talented

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agreed. Now that Sanderson is the top-pairing D-man Chabot's ice time will be reduced and I suspect that will improve his play. His upside is still untapped.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

How do we feel about John Gruden being our coach ? Seems like he'd be a good fit?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How do we feel about John Gruden being our coach ? Seems like he'd be a good fit?

Hell to the no!

If we get another coach
Without a strong history of winning in the NHL, I’m gonna lose it

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think the coach matters too much if we don’t have a legitimate #1C. Hopefully we can get an upgrade at C or D when we trade Chychuen (or after using the package we get for him).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. Sounds like Chychrun is as good as gone. I'm not sure we'll be acquiring a top flight C though

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I do wonder what Chych's value is though? I'm assuming we'll be lucky to get a mid-to-late 1st for him at the draft? Probably from a team who gets upset in the playoffs. I can see Winnipeg having interest. Florida or Tampa if they can make his salary fit (most likely Tampa)

I can actually see Tampa going through some pretty big changes.
- Stamkos is a UFA. I suspect he stays but may sign a very team friendly contract
- Left side defense isn't very strong in Tampa anymore
- They unfortunately don't have a 1st in this year's draft of next year's
- Hagel's contract kicks in. Going to hurt them a lot. Jump from $1.5M to $6.5M with not a lot of cap relief from other places
- Sergachev coming off IR will also hurt
- Nice to see Logan Brown on someone else's IR also

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Really hoping we go after Monahan. Legit middle six center we need.

Apparently Stutzle was dealing with a shoulder and wrist injury all season. He gets a pass from me

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Really hoping we go after Monahan. Legit middle six center we need.

Apparently Stutzle was dealing with a shoulder and wrist injury all season. He gets a pass from me

Gets a bit of a pass sure, but if it was actually serious then he should be sitting out

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can see the Salt Lake Mormons going for Chychrun

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I can see the Salt Lake Mormons going for Chychrun

Good call. Get a fan favourite back and make a bit of an off-season splash. We won't be getting their 1st that's for sure. Their prospect forward depth is wild with Doan, Geekie or Guenther so maybe someone like Schmaltz could be available? Maybe Durzi? I am not really sure they have a piece they'd be willing to give up that we would want.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think they should be the Utah Elders. Fans' slogan can be I Believe!

(Book of Mormon humor.)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow you guys are undervaluing what we can get from chychrun. no NTC, likely will be able to trade him with an extension in place.a real low cap hit on next year there's gonna be a two to three team bidding war.
this aint Pierre Dorion at the helm anymore

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and Stutzle is our defacto 1st line C for the future. don't be ridiculous

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:and Stutzle is our defacto 1st line C for the future. don't be ridiculous

We’re in trouble then

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:and Stutzle is our defacto 1st line C for the future. don't be ridiculous

We’re in trouble then

You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think he will not improve his game in all facets. He’s still the age that most guys get their first trial at the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum