GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 50]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Smejkal recalled.

Finally.

Get to see what he can do

The should out Kubalik on the 4th line and play Smejkal on his place. But they won't.

Smejkal is a marginal player who did nothing in the ahl.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Same can be said of a few players who have more than 1 gp this season in the NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Smejkal recalled.

Finally.

Get to see what he can do

The should out Kubalik on the 4th line and play Smejkal on his place. But they won't.

Smejkal is a marginal player who did nothing in the ahl.

I thought he looked pretty good. Definitely out of place and didn't look like a liability

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sturzle just kills powerplays. Get him off of there

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Craig berube now available on the coaching carousel.
Won’t be out of a job by the start of next season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Berube has a year left on his contract (2024-25). He may not be in a hurry. Of the 5 coaches listed as being on the hot-seat (https://thehockeynews.com/news/five-nhl-coaches-to-watch-on-the-hot-seat-in-2023-24) only Evason and, now, Berube have been fired. DJ, Sullivan and Keefe were the others and I suspect they may be safe. So which teams (beside Ottawa) are likely looking?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's gotten to the point where I barely care any more. Was out for supper with in-laws and checked the score. 1-0, out shot by ridiculous amount in the 1st. Oh, ok. The in the car on the way back, 2-0, then 3-0. When Kubalik scored I didn't get excited, just went out to the hot tub and soaked for a while, thinking if they somehow make a come-back I'll just watch the YouTube recap. When they score 5 I can get a $4 pizza, that's nice, but it's a terrible pizza recipe (try their Frontenacs one instead).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gabriel’s stinks but $4 is definitely worth it for any pizza lol

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if we could do a Raanta for Forsberg Swap.
It gets us out from under Forsberg contract for next year. Carolina gets a slightly better option and who knows, maybe a change of scenery helps both of them.
Then next year maybe Soogard is ready, or we get a guy on a 1 year.

Whatever it is, the current tandem we have is atrocious.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Penguins look absolutely awful. That karlsson trade was so stupid

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Penguins look absolutely awful. That karlsson trade was so stupid

I really hope they’re awful. I got tickets for my family for the game on the 23rd. I’d rather not witness another loss.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stutzle is an idiot

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There it is, DJ is fired and Martin replaces him. I don’t think it’s all on DJ, but is definitely about time. Now if the team fails, we will have to trade a core player to improve.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Glad this is done.
If nothing else, it should give us a better indication on where the problem lies.

If it continues to derail, they will definitely need to spend on a top notch coach to turn the culture around and like Ev mentioned, someone will be heading out of town.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How did the associate coaches (in charge of special teams/defence) and the goalie coach survive? They better be updating their resumes (maybe to remove their Senators experience).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:How did the associate coaches (in charge of special teams/defence) and the goalie coach survive? They better be updating their resumes (maybe to remove their Senators experience).

Payne was fired

We all know why Bob Jones wasn’t…

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:How did the associate coaches (in charge of special teams/defence) and the goalie coach survive? They better be updating their resumes (maybe to remove their Senators experience).

Payne was fired

I guess Capuano was the only associate coach (I thought there were two associate coaches). Anyhow, yes, we know why Jones is still there but not sure about Capuano. Maybe he's got some weird termination clause.

Martin will have Alfie and Ben Sexton as assistants. Do they even need an "associate"? And who is the goalie coach, because they should be next to go.

And then let's look at pro scouting. They are largely responsible for all the goaltending issues we've had plus of course all the wrong vets they ended up bringing in. Giroux is the only one in recent memory that was a "hit" with many, many misses.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Payne was fired

I guess Capuano was the only associate coach (I thought there were two associate coaches).  Anyhow, yes, we know why Jones is still there but not sure about Capuano.  Maybe he's got some weird termination clause.  

Martin will have Alfie and Ben Sexton as assistants.  Do they even need an "associate"?  And who is the goalie coach, because they should be next to go.

And then let's look at pro scouting.  They are largely responsible for all the goaltending issues we've had plus of course all the wrong vets they ended up bringing in.  Giroux is the only one in recent memory that was a "hit" with many, many misses.

I think Korpisalo will show well. He doesn’t make that much money and hasn’t played in front of great team defnese yet.

The goalie coach is Sebastian Bachs brother Zack Bierk lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum