GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 32 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 51]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:There’s no detailing what the penalty will be. The Lalime Martian loser thinks it would be a 1st round pick but he’s constantly wrong so he’s not a good source

He's actually usually correct.  Although I find it hard to believe the penalty -- for a new owner -- would be to lose a 1st.

Interesting conjecture from the Locked-on Senators podcast -- what has changed since the NHL officially said the matter was closed and there would be no penalties to either side?  Well the Senators let their AGM go and the parting was not terribly amicable.  Did Trent spill some beans?

While I understand that the NHL does not want the contents of the no-trade list to be in the central registry (this information should be considered private to the player) they should at least have the statement on whether or not the list was submitted on time in there.  The acquiring GM can then just ask the agent for it.  

But I still have trouble believing that Dorion would intentionally lie about it.  It's a screw up for sure, but there has to be some extenuating circumstances, or miscommunication or something like that.  I am still not convinced that some of this is not on Vegas.

He says obvious Dung that anyone can guess, or just be vague and say he was on either side of whatever happens, so is right regardless. He’s a loser and an attention whore and makes our fanbase look even dumber than it is online

I don't mind Ross and Pillsy. I don't find them very insightful but I do find them entertaining. I like Ryan And York, but can't stand Brent Wallace. He's just a d!ick to York and kisses Ryan's @$$. I do like the guys from Everyday Sens. I feel like they're the most analytical and balanced.

The difference I find from all these guys:

Locked On Sens - All about the ad revenue. Multiple videos on YouTube, etc becomes too much. But I do appreciate their hustle. Industry guys trying to make a dollar.

Coming in Hot - They're doing it to keep Wallace relevant. Ryan probably doing it to make some extra cash post divorce but he's likeable and provides a good perspective. York doing it because he likes doing it. Probably bored otherwise.

Everyday Sens - Doing it because they're passionate about it. Probably want to become scouts one day.

Senschirp - Unreadable site and forum. Hasn't been relevant since the Heatley trade. Clearly has no more connections within the organization and his posts lack depth. What's keeping him afloat is the ad-generated chat revenue through Disqus. Not sure what the payment model is but his site traffic is probably making him a ton of money so why stop.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:There’s no detailing what the penalty will be. The Lalime Martian loser thinks it would be a 1st round pick but he’s constantly wrong so he’s not a good source

Looks like he's a good source

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pierre getting fired at 3:15?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pierre getting fired at 3:15?

This is the final straw.

A first round pick is a huge price to pay.
I should add that it’s likely an unfair price also.
But the league has never cared what’s fair for the Sens. They’re constantly protecting their marquee clubs.

Still, I can’t imagine Dorion has his job for long now. He’s as good as gone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nhl is a bush league sport. There’s zero reason to give out this punishment.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This league is a joke and I wouldn’t blame people for not following the sport anymore . Amateur hour on all levels . Were gonna get a new GM and the team will have success all because of Dorions roster and the new guy will get all the credit

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The original trade didn’t involve a 1st rounder, vegas pulls a bunch of cap circumventing by keeping players on IR longer than they should(which they’ll never investigate their golden franchise) and the Sens get dinged with a 1st?

You’re right Ev, this is amateur hour.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urghhhh Chichi is our next GM? 🤦‍�

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:The original trade didn’t involve a 1st rounder, vegas pulls a bunch of cap circumventing by keeping players on IR longer than they should(which they’ll never investigate their golden franchise) and the Sens get dinged with a 1st?

You’re right Ev, this is amateur hour.

Yeah I understand some punishment, but why a first? It’s not like they would intentionally lie, it makes no difference to Ottawa at the time of the trade

And they said the nhl produced a 73 page report about this? How is that even possible

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also I thought the nhl was supposed to say exactly why they’re being punished yet they said nothing at all to that effect in their press release

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Early 2022 NHL said no discipline for the Sens, so something must have changed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s all Dung. That smug piece of Dung Brent Wallace is probably loving this. News flash, you don’t a have a job either and you host a Dung podcast

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t believe Simmer is making a podcast. Who the Diddle is going to listen to that? The guy is full of Dung and has terrible takes almost daily

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Early 2022 NHL said no discipline for the Sens, so something must have changed.

I bet it had to do with Trent Mann. He probably blew the whistle once he was canned. The list of hockey ops personnel hired and fired under Dorion is pretty alarming. Not something I really thought much of before yesterday.

Anyway, here's hoping we bring someone in who isn't a smug POS and won't trade players due to personal pride and taking losses. Brannstrom, Kelly, Kastelic, MacEwen and Joseph are no longer safe imo.

And here's hoping we draft skill players over 'character guys' - I'm sick of the Tyler Boucher / Logan Brown big body mentality. We always pass up on talent in favour of guys who will make our third line maybe one day.

And regardless of the suspension, get Pinto signed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Early 2022 NHL said no discipline for the Sens, so something must have changed.

I bet it had to do with Trent Mann. He probably blew the whistle once he was canned. The list of hockey ops personnel hired and fired under Dorion is pretty alarming. Not something I really thought much of before yesterday.

Anyway, here's hoping we bring someone in who isn't a smug POS and won't trade players due to personal pride and taking losses. Brannstrom, Kelly, Kastelic, MacEwen and Joseph are no longer safe imo.

And here's hoping we draft skill players over 'character guys' - I'm sick of the Tyler Boucher / Logan Brown big body mentality. We always pass up on talent in favour of guys who will make our third line maybe one day.

And regardless of the suspension, get Pinto signed.

Brown is a terrible example for your argument. He was all skill and no character

Hopefully the drafting does change a bit but that will have more to do with Mann leaving, who was definitely overrated. Dorion is the far superior scout

Speaking of smug pos, the Brent Wallace Simmer podcast yesterday was so embarrassing

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be fair, I think there’s a lot of things about what internally happens within the team that us fans never hear about and that it’s judged it can’t be reported by media because either the people involved don’t want their name attached to it or it’s deemed that they can’t prove it.

Guys like Wallace , simmer, Yorky and company are probably privy to.

It doesn’t sound like it’s the only problem Dorion was responsible for.

Now is it really that bad to be rid of the old guard?
I’d welcome more changes linked to our scouting department.
I don’t think we were the best. Many misses.
Drafting philosophy definitely has to change.
We need more scouts in Europe. Better pro scouts.
Dorion was good at scouting but over the years he played less of a role in that department and the output was noticed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:To be fair, I think there’s a lot of things about what internally happens within the team that us fans never hear about and that it’s judged it can’t be reported by media because either the people involved don’t want their name attached to it or it’s deemed that they can’t prove it.

Guys like Wallace , simmer, Yorky and company are probably privy to.

It doesn’t sound like it’s the only problem Dorion was responsible for.

Now is it really that bad to be rid of the old guard?
I’d welcome more changes linked to our scouting department.
I don’t think we were the best. Many misses.
Drafting philosophy definitely has to change.
We need more scouts in Europe. Better pro scouts.
Dorion was good at scouting but over the years he played less of a role in that department and the output was noticed.

Wallace has garbage sources and never actually says what he “knows”. He’s a hack and has a massive ego with personal agendas that cloud any opinion he has. Thank god tsn got rid of him. His fellating of the Mann brothers was all you need to know about that guy.

Yorky is good but isn’t really connected with the sens other than his brother now being a minority owner

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens need to trade one of these core guys to take the next step. Batherson has been horrendous, ship him out and wake the other guys up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 32 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum